Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Petition for online poker in the USA!

Old
Petition for online poker in the USA! - Sat Sep 24, 2011, 08:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Hey guys, just found out about an online petition at Whitehouse.gov for online poker in the USA! Learned about this while reading Randy Lew's latest blog entry at http://www.randylew.com

This is the real deal. Very important for US players to get behind this. Please sign it! Mr. Nanonoko - Randy Lew did! I did!!!

Link to petition:
http://wh.gov/g0i

Old
Sat Sep 24, 2011, 08:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'm in!

Last edited by JWK24; Sat Sep 24, 2011 at 08:30 PM..

Old
Sun Sep 25, 2011, 07:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Me three.

Come on US peeps,sign this petition.

Old
Sun Sep 25, 2011, 08:34 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
If I could I would,( dose being world citizen, count !)
this is web site i came across ( it may been on here or other site!), just after Black Friday. I was going too join but i think its just for USA players? ( I hope this helps, if not yet checked out! )
PokerPlayersAlliance
http://theppa.org/

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 02:42 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
i signed it.

I have two daughters, both in their twenties, that still live with me. I asked them how they liked living in my house rent free. Then I showed them the petition, They both signed it.

God I miss Pokerstars

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 08:12 AM
(#6)
Thanks for the link. I have shared it with everyone I could.

# 5014

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 10:27 AM
(#7)
4195 come on ! And yeah high, eveyone should be a member of the ppa!! If you're not, join today!!

Last edited by mtnestegg; Mon Sep 26, 2011 at 10:29 AM..

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 10:57 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Petition needs 5000 signatures by October 22, 2011 to be officially reviewed by the White House. It currently has 5045.

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 11:33 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerguyaa View Post
petition needs 5000 signatures by october 22, 2011 to be officially reviewed by the white house. It currently has 5045.

and needs a few thousand more!!!!

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 12:18 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
and needs a few thousand more!!!!

A few HUNDRED thousand more...

Every play money table I sit on right now I'm imploring US peeps to go to the site and sign. Even if they have never played for real money in the past they should at least want to have the right to have that option available to them in the future.

And the sooner the better.

Get the word out peeps....

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 01:47 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
A few HUNDRED thousand more...

Every play money table I sit on right now I'm imploring US peeps to go to the site and sign. Even if they have never played for real money in the past they should at least want to have the right to have that option available to them in the future.

And the sooner the better.

Get the word out peeps....

That's a great idea Moxie. I might just download the .net software just for that purpose now.

Also, I play some free poker tournaments at a couple local bars every week. Definitely going to bring up the petition like 20 times during each of the tournaments lol.

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 01:53 PM
(#12)
Eeyup! Get anyone and everyone of voting age to sign. Tell family if they don't sign you'll disown them! I would, but sure as hell that one would backfire on ME...

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 02:08 PM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2010
Ha! i have a feeling you guys will be back on here soon can't wait

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 02:14 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Unfortunately, you have to sign up with their organization if you want to sign the petition. Last time I joined one of those petition sites, my e-mail box literally exploded with spam, viruses, and swindles. Thought this was somehow connected to the White House or some government service.

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 02:27 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
Unfortunately, you have to sign up with their organization if you want to sign the petition. Last time I joined one of those petition sites, my e-mail box literally exploded with spam, viruses, and swindles. Thought this was somehow connected to the White House or some government service.
It is connected to the white house and you WILL NOT receive any spam in your e mail, the web site is run by the Obama admin. I signed it on the 22nd and haven't gotten any e mails connected to it. Sign it, you have nothing to worry about.

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 02:29 PM
(#16)
Quote:
I signed it last week and haven't gotten one out of the ordinary email!! NOW SIGN ZE PAPERS OLD MAAN! lol

Last edited by mtnestegg; Mon Sep 26, 2011 at 02:35 PM..

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 02:47 PM
(#17)
Quote:

Hedgehog I've had an account for petition signing and other e-mails at the whitehouse.gov site for going on 3 years now and can tell you for certain that I've received at most 25 e-mails from them in that time and I clicked on the option saying that I WANT to receive e-mails from them.

Please don't poo-poo this idea with such thoughts. We need everyone that we can to get behind this effort.

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 03:46 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
#5,147

Got nothing to lose by signing and it might do some good. Not expecting anything since neither the legislative nor the executive branches will interfer with the judiciary, but it might prod the judge to act a bit faster.

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 04:04 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypoker6 View Post
lol

Threshold passed. Not looking too good for OJ, though.

Last edited by mcrissinger; Mon Sep 26, 2011 at 04:14 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com