Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Too Tight

Old
Too Tight - Sat Sep 24, 2011, 09:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

this was hand 11 of a 3.50 STT the two villians already looked like LAGS.

Grade b

Old
Sat Sep 24, 2011, 09:54 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
After putting 90 into the pot, I'm calling it and at least seeing the flop... especially if I pegged them as LAGGY. After that, depends on what shows.

Old
Sat Sep 24, 2011, 09:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
If they are LAG players then we are way ahead of their range! I don't hate your fold because if you are in doubt it always better to fold. You are being asked to put another 210 chips or 14% of your stack but your are getting 3:1 to see a flop with a strong hand.
I would have called and played it like a pocket pair. If I miss as you said it is hand 11 right! Since you guys can see I was in the game I won't disclose the outcome.

Gidee Up!

Old
thanks - Sun Sep 25, 2011, 08:16 PM
(#4)
thank you guys,

I think next time in this spot i would call.

And not just becuase of how the flop came down.

Overall i played this table poorly part of it this hand had me rattled part was my head was not in the game. i reconised this for once in my life and didnt play any other games.

How did you do 19Honu64?

Old
Sun Sep 25, 2011, 10:50 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
I won it

Old
Sun Sep 25, 2011, 10:54 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
I don't mind the fold. I hate calling. I'd much rather just ship it here than call 14% of my stack out of position.

There is so much dead money in the pot and you have blockers to AA and KK. If they fold a lot you have a very good chance of adding 50% to your stack. And even if called, you will have good equity--usually two overcards or even have them dominated.

I know given any read that these guys are not nits, I'm shoving AK here.

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 01:43 PM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
I don't mind the fold. I hate calling. I'd much rather just ship it here than call 14% of my stack out of position.

There is so much dead money in the pot and you have blockers to AA and KK. If they fold a lot you have a very good chance of adding 50% to your stack. And even if called, you will have good equity--usually two overcards or even have them dominated.

I know given any read that these guys are not nits, I'm shoving AK here.
I agree on not liking calling. We'll miss the flop 2/3rds of the time and have to check/fold, it's too much of our stack imo for this. I think the risk might be worth the reward if we knew for sure we'd get one or both of these guys to stack off worse when we improve, but we don't know that.

Given it's a 1 table sng with a 50/30/20 pay structure fold isn't bad, and how loose they are supposedly getting involved, ship isn't bad either.

If you haven't already done so, PLEASE post this in spacegravy's thread, pretty sure this one would make his video (thead sticky at the top of the general forum).

Dave

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 01:08 PM
(#8)
nanonoko
(nanonoko)
Supernova
I'm not tooo sure how the low stakes sng's play but I probably wouldn't fold. You are most like beating or flipping against the guy that just called so his 300 in the pot is kind of a freeroll if you go all in. If the other guy that reraises folds too then you won 600 chips w/out showing down your hand which is a huge increase considering you only started with 1500 chips. Even if the reraiser calls, you will often be flipping or chopping against AK QQ as the chances of him having KK or AA decrease given that you hold AK yourself (blockers). In any case, I would at least call instead of folding

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com