Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

A Call I Suspect Was Incorrect

Old
A Call I Suspect Was Incorrect - Sun Sep 25, 2011, 04:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
The following 2 hands are from the head to head in last night's 7PM Premier Qualifier tournament. I know we are only supposed to post one hand per thread, but the first is only here to explain how I arrived at the situation I was in at the beginning of the second hand.

It is the 2nd hand I am asking for evaluation on.

My opponent was a solid, good TAG player.

Immediately following the tournament last night, I felt fine about my call on the 2nd hand, but as I've rethought it today, I've increasingly started to question whether my decision was correct.

The outcome of the 2nd hand is included here because I couldn't for the life of me get the replayer to work without putting the entire hand in. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Thanks!

~Luv

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Sun Sep 25, 2011, 08:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'd play both of them the same way. The first, AK heads up is an auto-call. In the second.. you need to look to double up quick and any pocket pair in that situation gets shipped by me.

Old
Sun Sep 25, 2011, 10:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Both snap calls given the situation and stack sizes. Don't be results-oriented.

Old
Sun Sep 25, 2011, 11:44 PM
(#4)
Thanks, guys. It's good to know I didn't make a mistake with the deuces.

I just started reading "The Poker Mindset" today; I think it will help with the result-oriented thing.

Old
Sun Sep 25, 2011, 11:45 PM
(#5)
Oh, BTW, do you know how to post a hand replayer file without displaying the results?

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 04:27 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvPoker77 View Post
Oh, BTW, do you know how to post a hand replayer file without displaying the results?
Once you paste it into the hand replayer you can edit and delete or even change the cards before you click on read data.

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 08:59 AM
(#7)
Thanks, Chuckkky. I'll try that.

Old
Mon Sep 26, 2011, 01:58 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
Both snap calls given the situation and stack sizes. Don't be results-oriented.
+1

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com