Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Open League Suggestion

Old
Open League Suggestion - Sun Sep 25, 2011, 08:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Change the format to hyper-turbo. If people wanna play like donkeys all day and try to double up fast or bust out thats cool atleast make it a hyper-turbo so we dont have to waste our time. Another suggestion I have dont give out any prize money.

Old
Sun Sep 25, 2011, 10:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
First option:

Possible, but not likely.

Second option:

No can do. According to the school admins, they need a cash prize in order to establish positions. The prize offered is the minimum allowed by PokerStars. Same request was made of the PSO prior to Black Friday, and that was their explanation.

Old
Sun Sep 25, 2011, 10:22 PM
(#3)
Oh I didn't know that.

Old
Wed Sep 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
(#4)
HEY!!!!

I resemble that remark!!!

Old
Thu Sep 29, 2011, 03:26 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
You can't have a bad beat unless you get it in good - so what's the problem??

You want these guys to call you. You're a favorite to win, sometimes the worst hand is going to suck out. It happens, get over it. As lomg as you're getting your money in good, you're doing the right things. This means you're playing correctly, so why do you have a problem???

sorry if I seem a little harsh, but really!!

Old
Thu Sep 29, 2011, 03:37 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2011
just time out all your hands and consider not playing for the first 10-20 hands, you will not lose many chips and most all-in donkeys should be out by then. (mostly less then 4.000 players left by that time)

Old
Thu Sep 29, 2011, 04:19 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
You can't have a bad beat unless you get it in good - so what's the problem??

You want these guys to call you. You're a favorite to win, sometimes the worst hand is going to suck out. It happens, get over it. As lomg as you're getting your money in good, you're doing the right things. This means you're playing correctly, so why do you have a problem???

sorry if I seem a little harsh, but really!!

SO SO TRUE

Old
Thu Sep 29, 2011, 08:58 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobbyDickKK View Post
always when i have pocket AA or KK there is some f ckface with biig stack and small brain to instant call me with J4 off or some fcking pair like 33 55 and they always hit wtf is this f cking jokerstars
When you are one-on-one, I understand pocket aces wins 85% of the time. Let me say that again. When you are one-on-one, pocket aces lose 15% of the time. Did you note the difference?

We can all recall the time our rockets got burned, every last detail. Now try recalling the last time you won with that hand. I'm betting you cannot recall one detail beyond the win. Reason? You expected the win, so it faded from memory. However, when you lost, you remembered since it was unexpected. Thing is, no hand is ever a guarantee winner until the river shows.

Like you, I thought the monsters "always lost." Then I began keeping records. Hate to burst your bubble, but based on my statistics, this site's RNG is just that, random. If you don't believe me, go and take the challenge I made in the "Beginner's Forum." Search for the topic I started called "Group One and Group Two Hands." Unless your luck sucks, you'll find out your numbers are typical.

Old
Thu Sep 29, 2011, 11:23 AM
(#9)
Since: Mar 2011
i think the open is a good league plenty bad players perfect for a solid grinder i can,t wait to play it next month

Old
Thu Sep 29, 2011, 02:15 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZLIYEAR View Post
i think the open is a good league plenty bad players perfect for a solid grinder i can,t wait to play it next month
Yeah

Good luck. I'll be in that flashy premier thingy

Old
Angry
Psosl - Fri Sep 30, 2011, 11:04 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
Unfortunately PSOSL is full of all in plyrs. It's all in pre flop each round, all-in in the flop. And it's all in with any hand, A9, A2, K9. 33, 98 and so on. I gave up. Am I wrong?

Old
Fri Sep 30, 2011, 11:30 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto 300598 View Post
Unfortunately PSOSL is full of all in plyrs. It's all in pre flop each round, all-in in the flop. And it's all in with any hand, A9, A2, K9. 33, 98 and so on. I gave up. Am I wrong?
To give up ?

If you can't work out how to take advantage of what they do in order to further your progress in the league, then no, you did the right thing

Old
Fri Sep 30, 2011, 11:36 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto 300598 View Post
yes u are wrong. it's nl holdem...anyone can put it as many chips whenever they want. adjust please

Old
Fri Sep 30, 2011, 11:38 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstar671 View Post
Change the format to hyper-turbo. If people wanna play like donkeys all day and try to double up fast or bust out thats cool atleast make it a hyper-turbo so we dont have to waste our time. Another suggestion I have dont give out any prize money.
how does playing an ultra fast tourament give u an edge over the donkeys who push when there's no reason to, ie. standard tournament blinds, not a turbo? if anything, making it a hyper-turbo evens the field b/c u have to gamble a ton more along WITH those who chose to gamble beforehand, even when they didn't have to

Old
Angry
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 05:46 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Last month i played in Open skill league and had places and points, can see it on leaderboard.
In this month my results not included. WY???

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 11:14 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalipso99332 View Post
Last month i played in Open skill league and had places and points, can see it on leaderboard.
In this month my results not included. WY???
Interesting that you haven't passed the basic and core quizzes yet, but were shown as eligible for last month. I thought you had to be a member to be eligible, not just play 5 games.

I don't know, but could it be possible that you are in the Premier League because of your finish in the Open League last month? Maybe someone knows how low players could place last month and still receive a ticket to the Premier League. This guy was just below 850ish.

Send an email to support@pokerschoolonline.com and they will be able to take care of it.

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 03:42 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Interesting that you haven't passed the basic and core quizzes yet, but were shown as eligible for last month. I thought you had to be a member to be eligible, not just play 5 games.

I don't know, but could it be possible that you are in the Premier League because of your finish in the Open League last month? Maybe someone knows how low players could place last month and still receive a ticket to the Premier League. This guy was just below 850ish.

Send an email to support@pokerschoolonline.com and they will be able to take care of it.
I passed the basic and core quizzes and but nothing has changed, played more than 5 games in Open league
I hade 1 ticket to the Premier League but it did not use.

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 04:52 AM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I passed the basic and core quizzes and but nothing has changed, played more than 5 games in Open league
If you have a Premier League ticket you CANNOT score points in the Open League.

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 04:55 AM
(#19)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
IF YOU HAVE A TICKET TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE THEN YOU CAN NOT GET POINTS IN THE OPEN LEAGUE
READ THE RULES

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 05:47 AM
(#20)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
First option:

Possible, but not likely.

Second option:

No can do. According to the school admins, they need a cash prize in order to establish positions. The prize offered is the minimum allowed by PokerStars. Same request was made of the PSO prior to Black Friday, and that was their explanation.

Could they change it to play money ?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com