Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Can I fold AA here?

Old
Can I fold AA here? - Tue Sep 27, 2011, 01:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
BronzeStar

Ok I wont comment this hand, just want to hear other people opinions and how would they play this hand. Just to tell u all if he hit that K on that flop I was willing to give him all my chips but my read was that he if full of s***!!!

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 02:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
There is no flop that could make me fold AA on that stack size.

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 02:38 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
yeah I think u r right, plus if he rely hit that K ok he can have it lol

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 03:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
There is no flop that could make me fold AA on that stack size.
How are you ranging villain when he donk bets for the minimum? What do you think the best play is here, do we raise or just call?

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
with about 15 BB, I'd seriously consider shipping it preflop.

I also agree that there is no flop that I'm dumping AA on with that chip stack too.

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
Given your read on the villain, you have to get it all in, if not pre then definitely post flop. Two Ks on the flop probably make no difference here, though they might possibly in other rare circumstances. Your read turns out to be correct, he was calling your preflop raise with gash, and the fact that you got taken from behind is irrelevant, against this villain you are making the correct decision all day long.

Just keep getting it in good and most will come your way.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 07:43 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
We miss out on too much value by shipping AA pre on 15 BBs I think. This is definitely a hand in my raise/get it in or limp/shove range (depending on the players left to act of course). Of course if we have super loose passive players who won't reship and will just call off 1/3 of their stacks or more preflop, we might as well jam, but shoving lets resteals off the hook. If we had been shoving a fair bit lately, then sure, why not, but the safe route of shoving leaves too much value on the table.

Quote:
How are you ranging villain when he donk bets for the minimum? What do you think the best play is here, do we raise or just call?
Honestly I don't care what he has. On 15 BBs I made the decision to commit to AA preflop. I'm ahead of his range whatever it may be, and I'm looking to just get all the money in the middle. His min donk bet probably means he has a pair or draw. I'm happy to play for all the chips, the sooner the better, so I'm just shoving here. He'll call with any pair, probably any draw as well. If he has TT or Kx oh well.

Also the BB's preflop call was horrendous. Clearly if he's making calls like that we're way ahead.

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 08:03 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
I would like to point out one thing that many people are missing here and that is that we are into ante's and so we do not have 15 bb's! We have about 11 bb's and this is a common mistake we make by naot accounting for the antes.
Now re: value for AA pre I would like to know if you had shoved any hands leading up to this or did you raise the same? You also have to ship the flop regardless as we are never folding AA in that spot.

Gidee Up!

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 09:24 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
Honestly I don't care what he has. On 15 BBs I made the decision to commit to AA preflop. I'm ahead of his range whatever it may be, and I'm looking to just get all the money in the middle. His min donk bet probably means he has a pair or draw. I'm happy to play for all the chips, the sooner the better, so I'm just shoving here. He'll call with any pair, probably any draw as well. If he has TT or Kx oh well.

Also the BB's preflop call was horrendous. Clearly if he's making calls like that we're way ahead.
I agree on this stack I'm not folding AA either however, I asked that question because I've seen similar plays a ton in freeroll's. I thought he was on a weak pair or draw as well, from previous experience generally that donk bet means weak a hand. Was interested to see what other people make of this bet and how they react to them in general?

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 11:04 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidInFull6 View Post
Was interested to see what other people make of this bet and how they react to them in general?
I get tilted.

Old
Wed Sep 28, 2011, 05:12 AM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2011
i tilt and die, problaby best to do something else for a while and return another time

Old
Wed Sep 28, 2011, 11:36 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
i tilt and die, problaby best to do something else for a while and return another time
Well I was ok, after that 1 hour passed and I cashed in one tournament that I played but having on mind what I know about that player the best play probably was just to go all in pre flop on that flop there is no chance that he can fold that hand

@19honu62 Before this I always raised pre flop same amount and I didn't play that much hands (lets say I was tight), and about your comment about blinds u r right but anyway I usually don't count in BB when ante came in, I just switch and calculate in M!

Old
Wed Sep 28, 2011, 04:51 PM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
I agree, never folding AA here on this stack size.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com