Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Right Move or NIT?

Old
Unhappy
Right Move or NIT? - Tue Sep 27, 2011, 10:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Did i make the right move or i m just a nit??

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 10:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
for 15 cents, I'm calling it. The only ways you lose is to a Q or clubs and while both can be in the opps range... I'm still making them show it. One key would be the very, very small turn bet... if they have a Q, they should value bet more than just 4 cents.

I'd be putting them on 98, 87, etc.. hands like that, with an outside shot at the flush.

Old
Tue Sep 27, 2011, 10:49 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Thanks for your analysis JWK24,

After a much thought i think i made a bad fold, i should have called.

I folded it coz i thought its a blind war that he might have hand like JQ, QT, etc. I think my mistake is to check on the turn n like u said his value bet on the turn look very weak.

I M NIT!!!

Old
Thu Sep 29, 2011, 01:38 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I don't mind the check/call on the turn vs. aggressive villains or habitual bluffers, vs passive villains and stations definitely bet/fold the turn.

Agree with JWK, the weak turn bet looks like 8x or some such thing, and the follow up of less than half the pot on the river, I'd call. If he's got a Qx+ he's really charging minimum value for it, make a note and adjust in the future. I think you're good often enough for a river call to be profitable though.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com