Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Cider and Schadenfreude

Old
Cider and Schadenfreude - Fri Sep 30, 2011, 02:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
It was so hot in Edinburgh this afternoon I was literally forced to buy several large jars of icy cold cider - great preparation for the crucial evening of poker in PSO Prem and UKIPT Div2.

So far all I've noticed is a tendency to give the evil laugh (the one that begins with MWAH) every time somebody else busts out. 'Your gone I'm not,nah nah na nah nah' type thing.

On the other hand I have half a mind to play like a maniac myself, bust and head back to the bar.

Really. You would think a man of my advanced age would deal with these things with a little more decorum.

Anyhoo - as I am recognised as virtually untiltable, I really need advice as to how to deal with that other unprofitable poker mindset, realising that frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Any advice will be gratefully received and ignored.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Fri Sep 30, 2011, 03:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
as far as the league goes it would depend on how much the negative points would hurt you
maybe you should have waited till tomorrow for that cider (i'm jealous by the way; no cider here)
after watching a lot of my club members play in that state i can honestly tell you this could go either way so have fun and tell us in the morning

Old
Fri Sep 30, 2011, 05:54 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
The cider doesn't seem to have had a deleterious effect on your game.

The six points you got from tonight's game (last of the Month) should put you at 9th place finish, as mikeonetwo who is 9th at present and four points ahead of you, didn't finish in the top twenty percent of tonight's game. So if he played at all could only get one point and your six will put you one point ahead.

none of the ones just below you (that could be a threat) finished above you in the game, so they cannot score more points than you.

Congratulations on your League finish.

umbup

Sorry Ed, my bad misread the scoring was only five points for you. But the upside is you are still ninth albeit jointly.

Once again Congratulations

Last edited by Bill Curran; Fri Sep 30, 2011 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: wrong info

Old
UK Heatwave - Sat Oct 01, 2011, 09:04 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
Dear EdinFM,

The following advice to be ignored:-

Re 'untiltable'. Don't play any poker in the aftermath of the mandatory glorious Scottish defeat at the hands of England in RUWC 2011.

Re 'Schadenfreude'. Gloat at all times as appropriate. Age is no barrier when we are all big kids at heart. As an aside and whether this is Schad F is debatable , but I always got great pleasure from watching two 70+years men arguing on a bowling green re sporting detail minutia, and throwing down their respective gauntlets in order to 'sort things out in the car park'.

Re 'Gone with the Wind'. Avoid a pre flop raising war with Rhett Butler. It's ok to Semi Bluff Scarlett and against Ashley Wilkes any 2 cards should do it.

nv

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com