Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Eight accounts?

Old
Eight accounts? - Sat Oct 01, 2011, 07:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
For the past couple weeks while almost perfecting the stall-n-fold technique during the open league tournaments, I resumed my search for possible multi-account players.

I found and reported at least ten but this is the most blatant I have come across so far…flotz451, flotz452, flotz453, flotz454, flotz455, flotz456, flotz457 and flotz458.

This particular player shoved and busted out with three or four of the names until he shoved and finally hit. At one point he had upwards of 15k in chips only to give them all away with his continued pushes.

Note: All players are presumed innocent until found guilty by Poker Stars.

Good luck and good hunting,

1st Mate

Old
Sat Oct 01, 2011, 07:49 PM
(#2)
Good work.

Hopefully stars perma-bans him and every acct he has. BTW this one is obviously guilty, we don't need PS to tell us that, just hope they do something bout it.

Old
Sat Oct 01, 2011, 08:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Do we really want this sort of idiot banned?

Whilst on one hand he deserves to be punished for breaking the TOS, this is exactly the sort of intelligence level you want at your table.

Old
Sat Oct 01, 2011, 09:58 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
lol pen ... but no not really!

Old
Sat Oct 01, 2011, 11:21 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
We don't need cheaters, no matter how bad they are at poker. These things should be penalized severely, that's the bottom line.

I've been playing for quite a while now, and I see many of the guys that want to take short cuts to the money. In the long run, they will make you money, but do you want to compete in a league where a bunch of peeps are cheating?? It's hard enough to win already.

Old
Sun Oct 02, 2011, 12:44 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
I do believe 8 is a PSO record.

When it comes to other open free-rolls, I think the most I ever found was 14. Same name, same city, ascending numbers.

Eight in a row is a solid catch, though. Keep at it.

Old
Wed Oct 05, 2011, 11:31 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
The more I read this forum , I tap on my own shoulder enough is enough no more deposits ,
Do you think PS will do anything about that ? No way , PS is after rake . PS does nothing to ban BOTS for the same reason .
Oh I forgot to mention I didnt get paid my 20 in premier league , to how many ppl that must have happened ?
Not many ppl notice , I did . When complaining I was told my mail is not recognized . Well my deposits were recognised .

Last edited by Bluff_not_y; Wed Oct 05, 2011 at 11:39 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 05, 2011, 12:56 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi i was playing in prem league today and watching another table as well then i noticed that there were two faces on two different tables that look pretty much the same and they both come from germany i dony know if the picture is of someone well known so i asked fd2266 who the picture is of but he did not reply and the other user name is superk666 they are both in prem league and doing ok. i dont know who to report to if you think something is not right and i would apologise if i was wrong but if im right then this person has two accounts which would mean thats wrong and also taking someone elses place in the league. please look at profile and tell me what you think,just seems fishy to me.

Old
Wed Oct 05, 2011, 01:03 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerAce68 View Post
Hi i was playing in prem league today and watching another table as well then i noticed that there were two faces on two different tables that look pretty much the same and they both come from germany i dony know if the picture is of someone well known so i asked fd2266 who the picture is of but he did not reply and the other user name is superk666 they are both in prem league and doing ok. i dont know who to report to if you think something is not right and i would apologise if i was wrong but if im right then this person has two accounts which would mean thats wrong and also taking someone elses place in the league. please look at profile and tell me what you think,just seems fishy to me.

send emails about this to support@pokerstars.com

Old
Wed Oct 05, 2011, 01:25 PM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:

The avatars are similar but not exactly the same and the 2 players are from different cities in Germany

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 02:17 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
The avatars are similar but not exactly the same and the 2 players are from different cities in Germany

Spike, the pics are different, but it the same setting, and the same guy, with the same hair, just in a different pose. and from what sleepy says there's another 1, that's 3, all of different sibs??

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 02:21 AM
(#12)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
is it not an avatar from PKR? maybe they are friends who say "yeah lets copy each others pic"

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 02:27 AM
(#13)
Deleted user
That would be funny,sit with a reg that uses his face as a avator and have the same photo.
Oh man,that would mess people up.

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 02:43 AM
(#14)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
lets say i got a cookie monster pic an used it for my avatar would that make us the same person?

don't worry cookies you are safe for now

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 03:41 AM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooza1 View Post
lets say i got a cookie monster pic an used it for my avatar would that make us the same person?

don't worry cookies you are safe for now

HMMMMM

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 07:02 AM
(#16)
Since: Sep 2011
BronzeStar
You'd think it would be fairly easy for PS to incorporate a basic system into their software that roots out the less clever multiple account holders. IP addresses are easily logged and cross-checked at the registration stage. It wouldn't stop the smarter people who no doubt use numerous PCs/laptops via different routes, but it would at least be a start.

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 03:07 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooza1 View Post
is it not an avatar from PKR? maybe they are friends who say "yeah lets copy each others pic"
No it is not an avatar from PKR. The 2 pics he/she/they were using was same person in same background. Now they're both using 1 of the Hanson Brothers pics from the newer slap shot movie. You know it would be nice to get some feedback once and a while on banned accounts that we've successfully caught, so that way we know our work is paying off.
Its a real s.o.b to think we go to all this trouble to keep dbl accts out, and PS doesn't let us know which of the 1s we're doing good with, and which 1s we should be leaving alone.

As for the being from different cities in Germany. I am from Canada, If I open a P.O. Box #, in lets say Montreal, but live in Kingston, and have all that mail automatically reshipped to my house in Kingston. Now as for how he'd cash, maybe he has more than 1 name, like celebs do?? eg.Marilyn Monroe aka Norma Jean Mortenson, Terrance Gene Bollea aka Hulk Hogan?? just a tip of the iceburg...lol

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Fri Oct 07, 2011 at 03:32 AM.. Reason: didn't finish line.

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 05:10 AM
(#18)
Since: Apr 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:

I've sat at there table, they are three brothers from Germany and use the pic as a laugh, if you look close the pics are not all the same. They just change there pics this month to bring them luck and they don't hide the fact they are brothers.
Hope that answers your question

Last edited by AKA Punchie; Sat Oct 08, 2011 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 09:56 PM
(#19)
Siblings playing on same site sounds reasonable. Are they skyping while playing, texting? It is a tough call for Stars to make. The three brothers should change their avatars to remove the suspicion.

I know that Stars will not let my wife and I sign up for the same 9 seat tourney, but we are permitted to play in the same tourneys (all Freerolls because LooseyG has only a few pennies in her account and does not want a cash transfer!) Once we were moved to the same table in a tourney. Does Stars watch those players (same IP address), when they do end up together? What would happen if we both reached the final table? The opportunity is there for collusion, but the ethical player in us would never stoop to that - although the temptation would be huge. Just asking.

Herk

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com