Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

Drunk Tank Team Challege for October

Old
Drunk Tank Team Challege for October - Sun Oct 02, 2011, 10:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Here We Go Again

Just want to start off by saying a BIG THANK YOU to all of the players playing in the original Drunk Tank that Effsea opened. For those of you who have been coming in and playing it's great!!! We have fun and even though we are playing for fake money, we have a blast.

As you may know for the last couple of months we came up with a little friendly challenge to make the game more interesting, and it worked. This month we would like to continue to get some more people to play and try to add a few more things to the mix.

For October we will have three teams who will be playing for top points and bragging rights. Anyone who finished in the top 24 from the prior month will be qualified to be added to the teams. For those who didn't, please stop in and play so you can be qualified for next months Challenge.

There are now two start times; 7:20pm EST and 10:00pm EST

Here are a few suggestions and new rules to make it fair to everyone..

This is a fun challenge and a friendly competition...NO ganging up on opposing members OR taking it easy on your own members.

Play as you normally do and at the end of the month after the final game is played the points will be tallied to see which group gets bragging rights.

New Rule 1 – The top three players will be assigned as Captains of their teams and will get the honor of naming that team.

New Rule 2 – Teams will consist of 8 players initially assigned to each team. If any member of a team has not played for a 7 day period within the month, the Captain can request they be replaced by the next highest eligible player. All points earned by the replacement up to that point will be added to the gaining team’s score.

New Rule 3 – The Captain of the winning team will receive 8000 chips to distribute to their team members. Second place team will get 1600. Third place will get, well a goose egg.

So here are the teams,

Team " HOSS" consists of the following players:

JWK24 (Cpt)
Faery Tats
Tom905
Wemo35
Brkn80
LBT3
TheLangolier
Mrchaps05

Team "BOOMERS" consists of the following players:

Johnny Oak (Cpt)
Moxie Pip
Phoenix Maya
TrumpinJoe
Sandtrap777
Chelle867
Mcrissinger
!!!111Dan

Team "BIG BLUE" consists of the following players:

Julestubby (Cpt)
GmaJudy
Mtnestegg
Vman279
JerseyRon
Razzys
Effsea
Chilli 2 U

At the end of the month the teams will be reassigned by player position and the first 24 players who have at least 3 games in will be added to the new teams.

I will add updates to this thread at least once a week as to how the teams are doing.

Good luck to all three teams and hope to see some new faces at the felt.

Johnny and Tits

Last edited by Johnny Oak; Tue Oct 04, 2011 at 12:10 PM..

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 11:24 AM
(#2)
Team Results - Day 5

Team "Boomers" Points – 20.53

Team "Hoss" Points – 19.98

Team "Big Blue" Points – 17.49

The Big Blue team jumped into an early lead with a couple of high place wins by Effsea, with contributions by GmaJudy, mtnestegg, and Julestubby. Not far behind was Tom905, Faery Tats, and Brkn80 who scored for team Hoss. However, a last minute push and first place win by Moxie Pip, with help from Mcrissinger, TrumpinJoe, and Johnny Oak, brought Team Boomers into a slight lead on Day 5.

For a complete listing of the team standings including point distributions see the attached PDF.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 1005.pdf (15.1 KB, 11 views)

Old
Tue Oct 11, 2011, 11:12 AM
(#3)
Team Results - Day 10

Team "Boomers" Points – 26.95

Team "Hoss" Points – 30.80

Team "Big Blue" Points – 37.45

The Big Blue team has jumped into a commanding lead with three high place wins by GmaJudy, and contributions by Effsea, mtnestegg, and JerseyRon. Not far behind was Thelangolier, Faery Tats, and Brkn80 who all scored for team Hoss. Contributions by Chelle867, and Johnny Oak, were not enough to help Team Boomers and they fell into third place on Day 10. (Come on Boomers we need points.)

For a complete listing of the team standings including point distributions see the attached PDF.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 1010.pdf (13.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Johnny Oak; Tue Oct 11, 2011 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: added score for JerseyRon

Old
Tue Oct 11, 2011, 12:09 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
GO OFF TEAM!!!

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 12:12 PM
(#5)
Team Results - Day 15

Team "Boomers" Points – 43.90

Team "Hoss" Points – 47.36

Team "Big Blue" Points – 50.36

The Big Blue team remains in the lead with an all ITM finish by GmaJudy, Effsea, and JerseyRon with contributions by mtnestegg. In second place was Faery Tats, Tom905, JWK24, and MrChaps who all scored for team Hoss. Contributions by Sandtrap777, and Johnny Oak, were not enough to help Team Boomers and they find themselves in third place on Day 15. (Come on Boomers I know we can do it.)

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 1015.pdf (13.1 KB, 9 views)

Old
Tue Oct 18, 2011, 01:10 AM
(#6)
Sorry but I just have to brag a little. Team Boomers finished first, second, third and fourth in the Music Monday tourney last night. Thanks to Moxie Pip, !!!111Dan, chelle867, and Johnny Oak. Thanks for coming out and taking one for the team.

Last edited by Johnny Oak; Tue Oct 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 21, 2011, 12:53 PM
(#7)
Team Results - Day 20

Team "Boomers" Points – 79.17

Team "Hoss" Points – 63.04

Team "Big Blue" Points – 53.41

The Big Blue team has fallen out of the lead with only one ITM finish in this period by JerseyRon. In second place now is Faery Tats, and JWK24, who both had some good scores for team Hoss. However, it was an awesome performance with 11 ITM placements in this period which included contributions by Moxie Pip, Chelle867, !!!111Dan, and Johnny Oak, that was enough to help Team Boomers rise up and take a commanding lead on Day 20.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 1020.pdf (13.0 KB, 7 views)

Old
Wed Oct 26, 2011, 12:57 PM
(#8)
Team Results - Day 25

Team "Boomers" Points – 99.58

Team "Hoss" Points – 72.44

Team "Big Blue" Points – 57.51

The Big Blue team has fallen into last place and only had one ITM finish in this period by Effsea. In second place now is Brkn80, and JWK24, who both had some good second and third place wins for team Hoss. Once again however, it was an overpowering performance with 4 ITM placements in this period which included contributions by !!!111Dan, and Johnny Oak, that was enough to help Team Boomers keep a commanding lead on Day 25. (Team Big Blue is in Big Trouble unless they can pull it out in the stretch.)

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 1025.pdf (13.3 KB, 8 views)

Old
Wed Oct 26, 2011, 01:17 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
Did you notice that Maya's 8 games and 3 from the blue team with 1 game each, show no points?
I thought every player received points in each game.

Old
Wed Oct 26, 2011, 01:30 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Did you notice that Maya's 8 games and 3 from the blue team with 1 game each, show no points?
I thought every player received points in each game.
You are mixing up the PSO event and the team challenge, two separate events.

The team challenge points come directly from the standings listing in the Drunk Tank lobby, and not everybody gets a point for that. Maybe next month we will use the scores from the PSO tally and see if it makes a difference.

Old
Wed Oct 26, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#11)
I'm not sure of the difference.
I just looked at the download in your post and went from that.

Old
Wed Oct 26, 2011, 05:03 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
I'm not sure of the difference.
It's possible there might be others that are confused as well, so here is a brief explanation. We are running two events in the Drunk Tank, one is the team challenge and the other is the PSO takeoff. (for more info on the PSO, see that thread)

For the team event I simply use the point scoring system supplied by PokerStars where only the top 20% of players will get points, and these points can be found in the standings section of the DT home lobby. This system only gives points to the top 1, 2, or 3 players, (depending on how many players there are) and doesn't score any tournies with three or less players.

The PSO event, on the other hand, is scored manually each day by me and awards points to all players. The higher you are the more points you get, but everybody scores just for being in the tourney, and all games are counted. These points are used to distribute the play money prizes at the end of the month.

The attachments in this thread are for the team event only so you will probably see some players without points, because that's how they appear on the leader board in the lobby.

Hope that clears it up some.

Last edited by Johnny Oak; Wed Oct 26, 2011 at 08:04 PM..

Old
Wed Oct 26, 2011, 05:17 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
Go Team Off!!!!

25.48 total points with an average of 1.274 per game

Old
Wed Oct 26, 2011, 08:33 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Look who's playing tonight! Yay! It's me.

Sorry I've been slacking lately, still been a hectic month and my only time with girlfriend coincides with game time.

I plan on jamming 27 every time I get it and I also plan on winning. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee.

Old
Wed Oct 26, 2011, 08:38 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
I plan on jamming 27 every time I get it and I also plan on winning. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee.
Save that for the Friday night 27 prop game.

Old
Wed Oct 26, 2011, 09:14 PM
(#16)
never.....hiccup

Old
Tue Nov 01, 2011, 12:36 PM
(#17)
Team Results - Final

Team "Boomers" Points – 116.40

Team "Hoss" Points – 83.79

Team "Big Blue" Points – 78.67

Despite 5 ITM finishes in the last period by Effsea, JerseyRon and Julestubby, the Big Blue team has ended this season in last place. So if you see them with their lips stuck out, tell them better luck next month.

In second place for the season is team Hoss. Even though they had 4 ITM showings in the last period by Brkn80, MrChaps, and JWK24, it was not enough to bring them into the winner's circle. They do, however, win the second place prize of 1600 play chips to distribute to the team members.

It was an outstanding performance with 5 ITM placements in this period which included contributions by Moxie Pip, Chelle867, Phoenix Maya, and Johnny Oak, that was good enough to push Team Boomers into a commanding lead on the final day of the season. The Boomer team will split the first place prize of 8000 chips amonst it's players.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 1031.pdf (13.4 KB, 12 views)

Old
Tue Nov 01, 2011, 12:58 PM
(#18)
effin rigged

WTG boomers

cheers

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com