Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

any opinions or advices regarding this hand i played? looking forward to your comment

Old
any opinions or advices regarding this hand i played? looking forward to your comment - Wed Oct 05, 2011, 12:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
PokerStars Game #68345735085: Tournament #540010646, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XX (3000/6000) - 2011/10/02 1:46:00 CET [2011/10/01 19:46:00 ET]
Table '540010646 75' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Sash1382 (123085 in chips)
Seat 2: malatok°1 (211974 in chips)
Seat 3: Dan_aTaTaT (168424 in chips)
Seat 4: tiesto1983 (69840 in chips)
Seat 5: olimasi77 (134556 in chips)
Seat 6: kigor2510 (56862 in chips)
Seat 7: mp2010mp (200562 in chips)
Seat 8: TTDr.AgonTT (141144 in chips)
Seat 9: andrejajokic (129299 in chips)
Sash1382: posts the ante 600
malatok°1: posts the ante 600
Dan_aTaTaT: posts the ante 600
tiesto1983: posts the ante 600
olimasi77: posts the ante 600
kigor2510: posts the ante 600
mp2010mp: posts the ante 600
TTDr.AgonTT: posts the ante 600
andrejajokic: posts the ante 600
mp2010mp: posts small blind 3000
TTDr.AgonTT: posts big blind 6000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to andrejajokic [Ah Kh]
andrejajokic: raises 6000 to 12000
Sash1382: calls 12000
malatok°1: folds
Dan_aTaTaT: raises 19115 to 31115
tiesto1983: folds
olimasi77: folds
kigor2510: folds
mp2010mp: folds
TTDr.AgonTT: raises 109429 to 140544 and is all-in
andrejajokic: calls 116699 and is all-in
Sash1382: folds
Dan_aTaTaT: folds
Uncalled bet (11845) returned to TTDr.AgonTT
*** FLOP *** [6c 7s 4c]
*** TURN *** [6c 7s 4c] [4h]
*** RIVER *** [6c 7s 4c 4h] [7c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
TTDr.AgonTT: shows [Kc Ac] (a flush, Ace high)
andrejajokic: shows [Ah Kh] (two pair, Sevens and Fours)
TTDr.AgonTT collected 308913 from pot
andrejajokic finished the tournament in 108th place and received $121.15.
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 308913 | Rake 0
Board [6c 7s 4c 4h 7c]
Seat 1: Sash1382 folded before Flop
Seat 2: malatok°1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Dan_aTaTaT folded before Flop
Seat 4: tiesto1983 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: olimasi77 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: kigor2510 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: mp2010mp (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: TTDr.AgonTT (big blind) showed [Kc Ac] and won (308913) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 9: andrejajokic showed [Ah Kh] and lost with two pair, Sevens and Fours

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 12:30 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
21.5BB is definately a stack with which you may feel good about racing for stacks.

AK is the best "race" hand there is of all the un-paired start hands, so once you've raised it is certainly a valid choice to put the rest in.

After that, hthe fact the other guy wakes up with AKs, and flops a free roll is all down to luck really...

Crap happens.

I gotta ask you if the min raise was your "standard" raise amount though?

If that amount was enough to work, due to a tight table loathe to call any raises without solid hands, then there is no problem with it; you do not really mind jamming over a 3bettor on your stack size as I said.

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 12:35 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
I would have opened with a slightly larger bet,since minbets often even late look weak if your not running the table. If you are some one the table is fearing you can get away with it,but utg I would make it stronger.

I would have folded because I dont like AK potentially going 4 way,Its a given the Sash folds but some times you get a suprise.

You min raise get called doesnt mean much,then get raised and shoved after that!
Im getting out of the way,what are you beating in that situation?

AK is a split unless one of you gets super lucky,I find its always the other guy..lol

AQ is not going to be shoving most of the time,I could see it raising in that spot but not shoving
over top.

You are behind any pair.

KQ would be pretty loose and not likely,besides you would have a read on some one that loose by now.

So you combine that amount of potential people in the hand and their ranges you get a clearer picture. My response always comes with the fact that I am a nit as well and like to find better spots.

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 12:39 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
[QUOTE=JDean;303052

I gotta ask you if the min raise was your "standard" raise amount though?

.[/QUOTE]

Thats funny that was exactly what I had as my top question when I was typing up a response,but got sidetracked.

I think a minbet in early position would be pulled off if you have shown the nuts often and are known not to get funky with your play. The other way it works is if your running the table over.
Otherwise I would take a hard look at what it does for you in this spot!

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 05:47 AM
(#5)
@JDean
@IseeCookies

Buddies, first of all wanna thank you for your detailed comments since this was my first post here. Also would like to know whether you could see this hand as hand replayer format.

Now, here is my view of this hand. Table was very tight and i managed to take advantage of this stealing the blinds with marginal hands. Yes, this was my standard preflop raise. My initial plan was to 3 bet reraiser who noticed i was very active and aggressive. Pretty sure i got reraised by him with any two cards. Suddenly, i got call, reraise and all in and after more than an hour I got playable hand. I was thinking this was the right moment to either double up and continue as tournament chip leader or to simply finish here. Anyway, you have to risk a take some huge coin flips if you play to win the tournament as I see things here. Tthank you once again for your comments. Wish u a good luck and see you at the tables

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 10:36 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrejajokic View Post
......this was my first post here. Also would like to know whether you could see this hand as hand replayer format.......
Welcome to the forum andre,

Here is a video you can watch to learn how to use the replayer.
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...dds-Calculator

Let us know if you have any questions.

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 10:48 AM
(#7)
Thank you very much Dan. This was helpful. All the best to you!

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 12:17 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
As i said in your blog after you min raised you got a flat a 3bet and a shove. I would have folded this as it is a flip at best if not dominated completely. this leaves you 19 bigs to work with still so i honestly think a fold here is the better play. suks folding such a great potential hand but gotta make the hard folds sometimes

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 03:42 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I kind of figured that your min raise was one you;d use at least SOME of the time to induce the sort of action you wound up seeing here...

If the table dynamic was such that you were EXPECTING the sort of play back to a min raise that you got, and if the quality of hands you could expect that level of play back with are not necessarily "premium", then I definately understand your willingness to go with the call here with AK.

I tend to try these sorts of things at more "advanced" tables myself (those with opportunistic and aggressive players)...

I call it "training my opponents to expect me to fold".

I will tend to fold a couple min raises, especially when that does not hurt me, in hopes that when I make that min raise later with a hand I am willing to play for my stack on, I see the play back required to let me get my stack in pre flop (on on the flop).

AKo on a 21.5BB hand certainly qualifies as a hand strong enough to want to play for stacks even if that means taking a RACE.

That was the assumption I was configuring my "reply" here under, so I'm glad to find that your later post confirms that assumption.

Good hand, just bad luck.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com