Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Please explain

Old
Please explain - Thu Oct 06, 2011, 08:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
How is it possible that Monkeyskunk4 comes in 4th place in the PREMIERE league, yet get absolutely NO mention whatsoever in the weekly roundup??? We get told about the top 3 players all of whom have never posted in this forum...

Monk and I have had our problems, as have others here, but he deserves credit where credit is due. That would be in the weekly paper written for the PSO players, not completely ignored like he would have been if not for Honu's post earlier in the week.

Now you can say well there was a post already, but I call BS on that! This is the Pso's own taking 4th place in the best league we have... and yet not a mention of it... but we get a lecture on treating people well and with respect, because we would not want to scare them off of the forums.... I could really say something here but I will let Moxie expand if he wishes to

In closing I think its pretty shady that he isnt given a single mention, yet at the end we get lectured on treating people right..

Good job Monk congrats and if you ever get back here I will still take shots at ya

Last edited by roomik17; Thu Oct 06, 2011 at 08:28 PM..

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 08:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
How is it possible that Monkeyskunk4 comes in 4th place in the PREMIERE league, yet get absolutely NO mention whatsoever in the weekly roundup??? We get told about the top 3 players all of whom have never posted in this forum...

Monk and I have had our problems, as have others here, but he deserves credit where credit is due. That would be in the weekly paper written for the PSO players, not completely ignored like he would have been if not for Honu's post earlier in the week.

Now you can say well there was a post already, but I call BS on that! This is the Pso's own taking 4th place in the best league we have... and yet not a mention of it... but we get a lecture on treating people well and with respect, because we would not want to scare them off of the forums.... I could really same something here but I will let Moxie expand if he wishes to

In closing I think its pretty shady that he isnt given a single mention, yet at the end we get lectured on treating people right..

Good job Monk congrats and if you ever get back here I will still take shots at ya

+1000

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 08:41 PM
(#3)
Quote:

Now you can say well there was a post already, but I call BS on that! This is the Pso's own taking 4th place in the best league we have... and yet not a mention of it... but we get a lecture on treating people well and with respect, because we would not want to scare them off of the forums.... I could really say something here but I will let Moxie expand if he wishes to

Scoop McDonkerson has an axe,Scoop McDonkerson will grind said axe I guess...

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 08:45 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Thats what happens when small people get a taste of power. Since theyve never had any real power in their pitiful lives they dont know what to do with it. Its just a sad fact of life.

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 08:50 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLsnookman View Post
Thats what happens when small people get a taste of power. Since theyve never had any real power in their pitiful lives they dont know what to do with it. Its just a sad fact of life.

US peeps get back on here and I have another top 2 or 3 finish the only mention I'll prolly get will be about the pending investigation.

Meh,that would actually be a valid point though I guess.

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 09:26 PM
(#6)
He probably didn't want to be called out for making up another interview with a player.
Which is why I quit reading it.

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 09:28 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
He probably didn't want to be called out for making up another interview with a player.
Which is why I quit reading it.

hmmm the plot thickens.....

Old
Thu Oct 06, 2011, 09:55 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
With all due respect, is it possible that in prior months the article only addressed the top three? I cannot say if he did or didn't mention others, but in most stories about a race, only the top three get noticed, unless there is a celebrity in the contest.

Old
He is one of us, - Thu Oct 06, 2011, 11:51 PM
(#9)
Wait a go Monkeyskunk.
Whirlwind of a month, 5 final tables in the last 25 games played and you took it down twice in a row.
Wow fantastic Monk, congratulations.

(and thanks Roomik, I have not been following the leagues, and sure would of hated to miss the opportunity to give Monk a slap on the back for a fine job on the felt.)

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 12:04 AM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
With all due respect, is it possible that in prior months the article only addressed the top three? I cannot say if he did or didn't mention others, but in most stories about a race, only the top three get noticed, unless there is a celebrity in the contest.
Last months premier league paragraph only mentioned the top 3 finishers, this one was in the exact same format.

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 12:37 AM
(#11)
Besides the cool $1,650 monkeyskunk just won, I'm sure the fact his peers in the forum have created multiple threads to congratulate him more than makes up for not being mentioned in the roundup.

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 01:04 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
Round up Round up Round up!!!!

Which horse do we burn down first?

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 03:30 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
I'd love to see the round-up interviews kept to OUR PSO players, but in this case, I think I know the answer...

Monk is perma-banned... How is Eric gonna contact him?

That being said, congrats, Monk. Best of luck to you.

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 06:05 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
not requesting an interview, just an acknowledgement of one of our own finishing higher than anyone else in the pso

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 02:02 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
not requesting an interview, just an acknowledgement of one of our own finishing higher than anyone else in the pso
Well, that seems to be a perfectly reasonable request.

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 03:04 PM
(#16)
(Head Trainer)
Maybe he's got strict guidelines about the format (what he published on this did match last month's format to the T). Maybe he did include a mention and it was edited before publishing. And maybe it was an intentional slight akin to all the hate for Eric in this thread. My point is, we don't know, and jumping to conclusions just cause you don't like the guy is a bit over the top.

I agree that, imo, an honorable mention to the highest finisher from the English platform, PSO, would be nice and appropriate, assuming the newsletter is not cross-published on any other platforms. And especially when that finisher is 4th. But it's failure to happen could be for a number of reasons, some of which have nothing to do with Eric.

Old
Sun Oct 09, 2011, 06:56 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Well, I see once again people go on here without all the facts to jump all over someone. In my Roundup I did mention monk, and I did try to contact him. However, I don't post the final Roundup, that is done by the boss, and they do the editing. I will post here the exact paragraph so that this thread can end and once again people can hopefully stop crying.

Lord VanGOG (Ukraine) claimed the top spot in the September Premier League and took home the $5000 prize for beating out over 1400 players. Following him was ElGocho (Venezuela) and MagicDavid89 (Spain). Long time PSO player monkeyskunk4 (Canada) finished in fourth place this month, so congratulations to all and remember the advice from the top player, manage your bankroll and keep playing PSO.

Old
Sun Oct 09, 2011, 02:30 PM
(#18)
Well if anyone would know about crying...

See Roomik,it wasn't Scoop's fault,it was the editing donks holding him back.

Old
Sun Oct 09, 2011, 04:33 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Those damn Donks, they are about as bad as running on a stake

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com