Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

How many hand??

Old
Question
How many hand?? - Fri Oct 07, 2011, 03:27 AM
(#1)
ultramanAK's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 72
I m new at grinding cash game, i play around 1.5hand per day, is that too little?

How many hand u grind per day??
 
Old
Default
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 07:24 AM
(#2)
mtnestegg's Avatar
Since: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,336
So you must play one and fold one for 1.5.. ...... Helluva grind
 
Old
Default
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 08:52 AM
(#3)
Cairn Destop's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,477
BronzeStar
Before Black Friday, I knew of at least two members who played ten tables at a time in ring. Based on the normal average of fifty hands an hour per table, that's approximately five hundred hands per hour. They did this from four to ten hours each day, depending on the day.

If that period was suppose to indicate 1500 hands, you're doing what they did in a three-hour period.
 
Old
Default
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#4)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
Before Black Friday, I knew of at least two members who played ten tables at a time in ring. Based on the normal average of fifty hands an hour per table, that's approximately five hundred hands per hour. They did this from four to ten hours each day, depending on the day.

If that period was suppose to indicate 1500 hands, you're doing what they did in a three-hour period.

Cairn you must have looked out for the slowest tables on the site if you were only averaging 50 hands per hour at each table. When I played Full Ring normal speed that was close to being right buy even they ran more like 55-60 hands per hour. Full Ring fast was like 65-70 per hour. 6 max tables were way faster than that even,normal speed around 70-75 hands an hour and fast 6 max tables ran like 85-90 hands and hour. That's NL as FL would definitely run a lot slower with many more hands making it to the river by percentage. Now some flux to speed the tables up would occur when a table would see players leave and not be immediately replaced true,but that happens so often as to be factored in as normal.

Go look at the hands per hour line on the rings at any time,think you'll find 50 hands per hour as an exception,not nearly the rule.
 
Old
Default
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 04:46 PM
(#5)
Maj. D Zastr's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
So you must play one and fold one for 1.5.. ...... Helluva grind;)
That's not how you do it, no.
How you do it is you play three hands a day every other day ;)
 
Old
Default
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 10:02 PM
(#6)
ultramanAK's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 72
Wow... that alot of hand. i took almost 5-6hours to play so many hand as i play 2-4table at 1 time.

Need to double my table i think..



UltramanAK...
 
Old
Default
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 10:27 PM
(#7)
Cairn Destop's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,477
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Cairn you must have looked out for the slowest tables on the site if you were only averaging 50 hands per hour at each table. When I played Full Ring normal speed that was close to being right buy even they ran more like 55-60 hands per hour. Full Ring fast was like 65-70 per hour. 6 max tables were way faster than that even,normal speed around 70-75 hands an hour and fast 6 max tables ran like 85-90 hands and hour. That's NL as FL would definitely run a lot slower with many more hands making it to the river by percentage. Now some flux to speed the tables up would occur when a table would see players leave and not be immediately replaced true,but that happens so often as to be factored in as normal.

Go look at the hands per hour line on the rings at any time,think you'll find 50 hands per hour as an exception,not nearly the rule.


There are a lot of variables, such as the limits, the specific game, and if the table has six or ten players. At some of the lower levels, I've seen the average drop from 150+ hands per hour to twenty in less than ten minutes. I'm thinking my number is a conservative one based on a limit game, which should be a good number for estimating since he doesn't specify what he plays.

Now based on the response, it took him between five and six hours to do 1,500 hands. That works out to 275 hands per hour. ( 1500/5 + 1500/6 = averaged) Based on three to five tables, that's about 70 hands an hour (275/4) per table. I'm guessing he is playing no limit, which makes your numbers a better gauge.
 
Old
Default
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 11:58 PM
(#8)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
There are a lot of variables, such as the limits, the specific game, and if the table has six or ten players. At some of the lower levels, I've seen the average drop from 150+ hands per hour to twenty in less than ten minutes. I'm thinking my number is a conservative one based on a limit game, which should be a good number for estimating since he doesn't specify what he plays.

Now based on the response, it took him between five and six hours to do 1,500 hands. That works out to 275 hands per hour. ( 1500/5 + 1500/6 = averaged) Based on three to five tables, that's about 70 hands an hour (275/4) per table. I'm guessing he is playing no limit, which makes your numbers a better gauge.

Yeah especially if he played FR,6 max he should be seeing more hands than that. Like I said FL is definitely slower at the low levels as nearly every hand goes to showdown.
 
Old
Default
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 12:08 AM
(#9)
pokerstar671's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,206
lol 1.5? yea dude you need to play more atleast play 20 hands or something
 
Old
Default
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 01:22 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
I think Chris had most of us beat before we got out of bed for the day.

Dont make the mistake of increasing tables to soon.
I used to play 24 tables of 2nl because I thought I could do it easily.
Now I play 2-4 tables,usually 2 and I have a better winrate.

I start my own tables and leave when the table fills up if I count 3 regs or more.
Of course that doesnt work at all levels but it does at 2nl.

I think 1500 is decent,3k Is pushing it for me and my eyes are usually shot.
I aim for 1750 when I play.
 
Old
Default
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 02:16 AM
(#11)
Sandtrap777's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I think Chris had most of us beat before we got out of bed for the day.

Dont make the mistake of increasing tables to soon.
I used to play 24 tables of 2nl because I thought I could do it easily.
Now I play 2-4 tables,usually 2 and I have a better winrate.

I start my own tables and leave when the table fills up if I count 3 regs or more.
Of course that doesnt work at all levels but it does at 2nl.

I think 1500 is decent,3k Is pushing it for me and my eyes are usually shot.
I aim for 1750 when I play.
I totally agree
I'll play 2 tables and open an another when I'm ready to close one because I've reached 100% or it's a dead table
I will sometimes increase to 4 if I'm on a very good roll

 
Old
Default
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 02:35 AM
(#12)
matt0278's Avatar
Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 65
When i experimented with cash i played 24 tables of 2nl and averaged about 1150 hands an hour

i moved up to the 10nl level that went down to about 1050 tho.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com