Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Advice on where I went wrong

Old
Question
Advice on where I went wrong - Fri Oct 07, 2011, 08:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
I was in a live game last night,54 players and we are down to 2 tables of 8, I have 16k and sitting 1 before the button I get A 10 suited, blinds are 400/800 and folded round to me I raise to 2.4k and only the BB calls flop A,K,2 rainbow and the BB checks I bet 2.4k and he flat calls,Turn is a 7 now 4 diff suits on the board so no flush worries or straight really BB checks and I bet 4.8k again he flat calls, River is a 3 ,again the BB checks now I am starting to smell a rat so just check the river , He turns K 3 off and has rivered me with 2 pair. Not being that good, where did I go wrong with this ? Any advice or thoughts would be most welcome. Oh and 2 hands later I shove with QQ and get horsed with 7-10 off again on the river, can handle that one just Donked. Thanks Gate

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 08:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
with him just smooth calling, I would start to worry a little bit... maybe just check it down after your Cbet??

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 09:37 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatehouse999 View Post
I was in a live game last night,54 players and we are down to 2 tables of 8, I have 16k and sitting 1 before the button I get A 10 suited, blinds are 400/800 and folded round to me I raise to 2.4k and only the BB calls flop A,K,2 rainbow and the BB checks I bet 2.4k and he flat calls,Turn is a 7 now 4 diff suits on the board so no flush worries or straight really BB checks and I bet 4.8k again he flat calls, River is a 3 ,again the BB checks now I am starting to smell a rat so just check the river , He turns K 3 off and has rivered me with 2 pair. Not being that good, where did I go wrong with this ? Any advice or thoughts would be most welcome. Oh and 2 hands later I shove with QQ and get horsed with 7-10 off again on the river, can handle that one just Donked. Thanks Gate

Sure sounds like a calling station that just got lucky to improve on the river. Did he show this style earlier?? If no, flatting would have concerned me for sure. If he was calling lite in the past, value betting as you did was the way to go. Just didn't work out well... this time.

Enjoy,

Dale

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 09:48 AM
(#4)
Thanks guys, I only joined his table about 5 hands previous so couldn't really get a proper read on him, ruined my chances of a decent payout I think. Enjoy the fall Dale,

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 10:00 AM
(#5)
Can't find the HH so I will just give the info as best I can from Wed. Prem.

-dealt Ah 10h and folded to me in the cutoff
-been silent for quite awhile so I raise 2.3x
-folds to BB who calls

-flop comes A 10 3
-raise a little less than half the pot
-BB calls

-turn shows a 7
-bet about half pot again
-BB calls

-river shows 7
-hmmm, bet half pot again
-BB raises...knew something was very wrong but wrongly just had to see....

BB shows....... K7o.....and has trip 7's....

Ask myself, how did I get here again????? Sound familiar to your hand Gate?

Dale

Last edited by dale442; Fri Oct 07, 2011 at 10:03 AM..

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 10:02 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Thanks guys, I only joined his table about 5 hands previous so couldn't really get a proper read on him, ruined my chances of a decent payout I think. Enjoy the fall Dale,
Enjoy the fall or Niagara Falls?? lmao....

Thanks Gate,

Dale

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 12:10 PM
(#7)
Too much like my hand right up to the board pairing which in my case would have been sweet as long as it was not the 3. Enjoy your swim with the sharks and if you need it Greenpeace can be contacted on 0800 111 HELP...

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Too much like my hand right up to the board pairing which in my case would have been sweet as long as it was not the 3. Enjoy your swim with the sharks and if you need it Greenpeace can be contacted on 0800 111 HELP...
Have to pick up some shark repellant......

Out the door I go....

Dale

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 04:27 PM
(#9)
Gate you went wrong by playing live in the first place. Live is rigged,didn't you know?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's added as a tribute to ssugs,where ya at donk? Hockey smack talk time is here.)

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 04:37 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
he has vanished...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com