BronzeStar
of the week in the new Weekly Roundup

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...tober-6th-2011

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 08:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
Respecting new players...cool idea.

Like taking a newbie who made an easily verifiable innocent mistake,Lisa (aka Blueyz43 and Blueyz44) and putting them on a 5 biggest donks in the PSO list.

That kind of respect?

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sat Oct 08, 2011 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: changed putting to taking--language donk is me

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 08:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post

Like putting a newbie who made an easily verifiable innocent mistake,Lisa (aka Blueyz43 and Blueyz44) and putting them on a 5 biggest donks in the PSO list.

That kind of respect?

YEA SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Old
Fri Oct 07, 2011, 08:33 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
ouch...

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 12:46 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Musta missed that one - where's my popcorn??

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 11:58 AM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:

Like taking a newbie who made an easily verifiable innocent mistake,Lisa (aka Blueyz43 and Blueyz44) and putting them on a 5 biggest donks in the PSO list.

That kind of respect?
Am I 6th ?

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 12:46 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
Am I 6th ?

dam, it's rigged for sure.......hiccup

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 01:55 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike8998 View Post
Am I 6th ?

Ask Eric Spike,it was his list.

You know,'cause he's such a champion of respect and all...

If you want to make the top 5 just be one of those infamous donks holding him back,that should get you there for sure.

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 02:17 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
and while your at it spike roll on a stake or 2

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 02:46 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I must have missed that article, Moxie. What I saw sounded like a nice summation of the September leagues. The editorial at the end was warranted, considering how some people react the first time anyone new does something dumb.

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 03:07 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
I must have missed that article, Moxie. What I saw sounded like a nice summation of the September leagues. The editorial at the end was warranted, considering how some people react the first time anyone new does something dumb.

It wasn't an article Cairn. It was a thread started by our paragon of respect months ago before he got his current positions. A thread in which most,possibly ALL of his posts were summarily deleted after he obtained said posts. Can't have the pesky proof of the Emperor's nakedness hanging around can we?

BTW,good,bad or indifferent I have posted over 2000 times in this forum and never deleted one.

My,and others I'm sure,problem with the admonishment at the end of the article stems to the rank hypocrisy of being lectured to about respect and helping new players. There was once a couple of tasty tidbits by the articles author about his intent on that front as well. They also went to the dustbin of history thanks to the delete button, But let's just say that the spirit of co-operation and helpfulness wasn't exactly pouring forth from them.

I'm sure I'm about to be admonished about flame warring from the powers that be as it's something the OP'er would never,ever sully this Forum with.

Just ask Toonarmy,Monk and Alpha.

Oh wait,in at least 2 instances you can't now,can you?

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 03:11 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
havent seen alpha for a long while either...

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 03:42 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
and while your at it spike roll on a stake or 2
LMFAO

How many _____'s are in a bushel?

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 06:38 PM
(#14)
Wow ! Someone here has an excellent memory as well as a flair for prose. (I shudder at the thought of Mox catching me up in a run of free association scribbles. Hence the paucity of posts.)

Just kidding Mox. Always look forward to your thoughts / observations.

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 06:55 PM
(#15)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:

My,and others I'm sure,problem with the admonishment at the end of the article stems to the rank hypocrisy of being lectured to about respect and helping new players.
I obviously don't know the full personal history that is fuelling this thread, but I fail to see how asking for respect and help for new members can ever be a bad thing. Even if it has not always happened in the past, I don't see how anyone can argue against this sentiment.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 09:06 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
I obviously don't know the full personal history that is fuelling this thread, but I fail to see how asking for respect and help for new members can ever be a bad thing. Even if it has not always happened in the past, I don't see how anyone can argue against this sentiment.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan
Ed I completely agree and am on board with respecting new players (all players really,if they themselves behave in a like manner) and helping new players. I think I can say with a fair amount of confidence that I have tried to be fairly diligent in the latter.

My problem is not with either of those ideas,I'm ardently in favor of both. My problem is with,as I said,being admonished by a player who has stated,here in this very forum,that he has NO intention of ever being helpful to new players. As for respecting new players...well said player and the powers what be can delete all of the posts that they want. They can't however delete my memory,or the memories of some others here if the Forum.

As you said you don't know the history here and that's fine. Some of us who do have a hard time being given pious proclamations from on high by the petulant.

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 09:13 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLetterman View Post
Wow ! Someone here has an excellent memory as well as a flair for prose. (I shudder at the thought of Mox catching me up in a run of free association scribbles. Hence the paucity of posts.)

Just kidding Mox. Always look forward to your thoughts / observations.

Well a couple of the incidents I was deeply involved in the spats Red,so yeah,I remember. And I remember the PM's I received from a new player who's spirit was crushed by our exalted purveyor of piety. And for no good reason (save that maybe she was one of the infamous donks that were holding him back...).

And me going at it with you?... Never happen Red,you ain't in here much yeah,but everyone knows you're as straight a shooter as can be.

As for this thread I've said my piece for now. But I'll reserve the right to respond as needed.

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 09:17 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
see ya in a few!

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 11:11 PM
(#19)
So can we put past mistake behind us and go on from here?? I was very intimidated when I forst logged on here, I lurked in the background for quite a while before I started posting.

Sometimes past injustices carry too much weight, and maybe we should just start again??

Old
Tue Oct 11, 2011, 12:30 AM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
So can we put past mistake behind us and go on from here?? I was very intimidated when I forst logged on here, I lurked in the background for quite a while before I started posting.

Sometimes past injustices carry too much weight, and maybe we should just start again??

I still lurk Joy, but like you I do believe in peeps ability to learn about themselves and apply said insights. Sometimes it just takes others pointing things out.

And Mox, I appreciate the kind words, but believe it or not I'm here every day, always in the background though.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com