Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Am i the only one

Old
Am i the only one - Sat Oct 08, 2011, 06:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Is it just me or does anyone else think that PSO Open Skill League is a bit of a misnomer . Too ften you see players make ridiculous calls that end up winning the hand e.g. on the button woth QQ with blinds of 100/200 I have a stack of 1440 ; a raise to 400 from MP with a call before it gets to me and I re raise shove , the SB wit ha stack of 3000 or so calls the others fold , flop comes A Q 10 but of course the SB has KJ and i get busted ; or the time I was on the BB blind with 54 suited and get to see the flop in an unraised pot ; flop comes A 2 3 rainbow I bet out numerous folds then guy in late postion re raises i reraise he shoves I call he shows J 3 and hits J 3 for a full house . How are you meant to play against such stupidity . I t seems in this joke of a laegue you should either play bingo poker or just fold your way to minimum points .

Old
Sat Oct 08, 2011, 07:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frasierbeams View Post
How are you meant to play against such stupidity . I t seems in this joke of a laegue you should either play bingo poker or just fold your way to minimum points .
Well. If you can't figure out a third way you're gonna struggle. But bear in mind that if you can't profit from the Open League you're unlikely to profit anywhere.

Welcome to school. I'm sure a teacher will arrive soon

Old
Thumbs down
I agree - Mon Oct 10, 2011, 04:58 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
I am also getting sick of these careless players that think just because it is free they dont have to play poker the way it is meant to be played. you can do all the lessons practice and watch all the videos available but the careless players just dont care about that they just want to play russian roulete and see what happens and contiuiosly get lucky with stupid cards and ruin it for the players that like to take the game seriously.

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 05:06 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
well if you try your harderst, make 20vpp's and finish in the top 500 you will get out of the shovefest and into the higher league which definitely has a higher standard of poker. for now just stay out of trouble in open league. fold fold fold..... you know the rest of that sentance. 7 all ins and you have AA, if you are high up in the league just fold it because the bad will outweigh the good as painful as it seems has to be done from time to time and if you are low in the league then why not go for it cuz only way will be up imo. chip up slowly whenever you do get the chance, get in for cheap whenever you can and trap them when you do hit a good hand because it's likely that someone will have bottom pair and love their hand.

good luck anyway

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 05:13 AM
(#5)
Why is it so hard to understand that opponents playing poorly is a good thing? Seriously, this isn't hard to figure out...

I give up

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 05:21 AM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
well to be honest i hated it and was getting frustrated as hell playing them but by day 2 i had already adjusted

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 12:36 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
Why is it so hard to understand that opponents playing poorly is a good thing? Seriously, this isn't hard to figure out...
+1 Shaun.

These are the same complaints that players had in the old format of PSO, since it restarted with Pokerstars last year. If players had those regards last year, how many more maniacs are there now?
You've got to figure out what it takes to do well in the league if that is your goal. Period.
The open league is a way for players with no roll to start to build one at no cost. Just like playing the astronomer freerolls to Weekly Round 2's is.
Nothing really has the importance as that simple fact.
You're given an opportunity for free money. If you don't like the set up, or if you can earn better money for your time spent playing doing sng's, cash, or mtt's, (both of which are completely viable and understandable) then you would be a little toys in the attic to do what you don't profit from, or enjoy doing.
I suggest you do play your other games as you participate in the open league games, as I'm sure most do.
If you don't care for the Open setup, give the Qualifier League a try if your bankroll allows it.
Just ask how many US players would like to have the chance again to work through the Open league or Qualifier to the Premier league.

Old
Tue Oct 11, 2011, 04:08 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I can't wait till we can play again......arghhhhhhhh One of these days...

Hi Dan

Tits

Old
Tue Oct 11, 2011, 06:07 PM
(#9)
If you don't want to play with the "bad" players then dont play in Freerolls and stick to "normal" games. Mind you if you do find a tourney that has no maniacs i'd be shocked.

Grade b

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 01:16 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2011
Well said Yahooza1. If you look at the stats for the Open league, almost 50% of the entrants are gone within 18 minutes and it doesnt matter what time or day the stats are almost identical.
Step one get past the top 50% when a lot of the fish have gone.
Step 2 make it to 14%
Once you get into the points and depending where you are in the standings and more importantly where you want to be in the league play more agressively.
I have folded many big hands early in the tournaments because players seem to think that J 3 suited or something similar is woth playing. I will call but I wont compete against big raises early on. (make a note of that if you want to)

I love playing against weaker opponents as over the long term I will make very nice profits. I will decide when I play them not the other way round

See you on the tables

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 12:24 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
remember this line from mike matasow: in tournaments, the object is to pick up blinds and antes. in cash games, the object is to win someone's whole stack. how does this apply to real life? simple--don't call for all ur money with KK at 10/20. do this in a cash game. i don't know how many times ive seen people go busto in the first level and blame the other guy and shower him with taunts and curses and such. if ur losing consistently, u need to start putting the blame on urself. and seriously, for the last time: if ur getting the money in in the situations u've just described, u will start winning. don't hate on other players b/c they are playing badly. that is how u make money--FROM OTHERS' MISTAKES! IF EVERYONE PLAYED PERFECT, NO ONE WOULD EVER MAKE A PROFIT!

Old
Tue Oct 18, 2011, 09:12 AM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup143 View Post
remember this line from mike matasow: in tournaments, the object is to pick up blinds and antes. in cash games, the object is to win someone's whole stack. how does this apply to real life? simple--don't call for all ur money with KK at 10/20. do this in a cash game. i don't know how many times ive seen people go busto in the first level and blame the other guy and shower him with taunts and curses and such. if ur losing consistently, u need to start putting the blame on urself. and seriously, for the last time: if ur getting the money in in the situations u've just described, u will start winning. don't hate on other players b/c they are playing badly. that is how u make money--FROM OTHERS' MISTAKES! IF EVERYONE PLAYED PERFECT, NO ONE WOULD EVER MAKE A PROFIT!
You don't fold KK, if you lose then be it. Just register for another tournament. (Unless satellite near bubble)

Old
Tue Oct 18, 2011, 09:19 AM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2010
If everyone played perfect, no one would ever make a profit![/quote]
POKERSTARS WOULD

Old
Tue Oct 18, 2011, 09:21 AM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckkky View Post
If everyone played perfect, no one would ever make a profit!
POKERSTARS WOULD[/QUOTE]
Stars makes money no matter what...off the rake, thats it

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com