Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Should I have folded?

Old
Should I have folded? - Sun Oct 09, 2011, 05:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Considering that this this is one of the silliest freerolls on Stars, the Spanish Bronze, my stack size, and that (as you may notice) these guys aren't exactly raising on solid ground... ever...

Maybe I should have... in a serious tourney... but that str8flush draw was too tempting, wasn't it?

Old
Sun Oct 09, 2011, 06:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
An OesFd has a ton of outs, and it is a very strong hand.

It is essentially a near race (58/42) against even a set with 2 cards to come actually, so with that many outs you are really not folding your holding a whole lot of the time.

The fact you start the hand with 800 some chips (about 26.5BB) means you are not really going to want to CALL behind a raise and re-raise ahead of you, because that would put you TOO DEEP to really like folding if you miss the turn...

So since you are probably a math RACE at worse over a lot of the likely hands here (even that Q7 bottom 2 hand is only a 51.2/48.8 favorite over you here), the value of a possible TRIPLE up argues strongly for you to go for it.

I'd get all MY chips in with this very strong draw, ESPECIALLY against very loose and wildly aggressive opponents, and let poker takes its course.

Old
Sun Oct 09, 2011, 07:08 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Yeah it did have lots of outs, including the Ac which would have given me my 3rd RF ever.
I just happened to get the worst of them, but it still gave me the hand :)
I sure blinked on the turn, but laughed on the river, I actually laughed out loud, why I posted it mainly.

But I also got a reply from (I guess) the most appreciated PSO forum member, and that may not be as good as getting the RF, but good it is.

Old
Sun Oct 09, 2011, 12:07 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post

I'd get all MY chips in with this very strong draw, ESPECIALLY against very loose and wildly aggressive opponents, and let poker takes its course.
I totally agree. Especially against a loose opponent, I'm trying it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com