Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

These are the spots where I make the most mistakes

Old
These are the spots where I make the most mistakes - Sun Oct 09, 2011, 02:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
SilverStar

My biggest mistakes usually come with top pair top kicker. Usually by making bad river calls. In this spot I don't think the four would help him, but this is 2nl and he could call a raise with four five off and then call the flop too. I think his most likely hands are pocket queens, ace queen or a worse ace... maybe the four. Three of those hands are beating me so I folded. I am okay with my fold, but I'm wondering if I played it well. I'm questioning my turn bet in retrospect, but I think I would play it the same way next time.

Last edited by hamburglarid; Sun Oct 09, 2011 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old
Sun Oct 09, 2011, 02:32 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I like the turn bet, because you'll now know exactly where you are in the hand. With them raising the turn, they've probably got A4s or possibly AQ and wanted to see if you had a 4. Either way, you're beat in the hand, so the fold was correct.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com