Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

How to beat donks in PLO

Old
How to beat donks in PLO - Mon Oct 10, 2011, 01:11 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Lately in the .02/.05 PLO tables, I've been coming across these players who will raise every hand and re-pot every street, and they also seem to win almost every hand. This is good for collecting VPP because I just stay out of it, but watching this for a while tends to start to annoy the hell out of me watching these guys get away with it and they are saying how easy it is and how everyone else sucks, etc.

How do you beat these all-in donks? There's got to be a strategy that can beat these guys. They seem to be lucky, too, I watched one guy start with $12.50 and he got up to $60 playing this way in about an hour. It seems like most people are afraid to play against these guys and were constantly letting him get away with bluffing, and often he was winning with a pair of 4s or some other ridiculous hand. In the meantime, I had been getting no good hands at all, not once did I get a premium hand against him in that hour.

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 01:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
u got ur answer...call him off with a premium hand if ur not getting anything, i doubt there's anything u can do to get them to fold. if they are potting on every single street, then yeah, just wait for a good 4 card connected hand, no "danglers" like 82o or J3s, etc. every omaha hand is like 6 holdem hands, so u got a lot of possibilites. u might take a flop or two with a more speculative hand just to see a flop now and again if u got good implied odds, or take a chance when ur heads up to the flop.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com