Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Best I've seen for a while

Old
Best I've seen for a while - Mon Oct 10, 2011, 03:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Not the hand itself, the bs/psychology. He just pulled it off so well.
Background:
This is the Tombaugh PLHE/PLO freeroll.
I get switched to this table and find this guy, Mikoryza (Poland) who's got a big stack (a lot bigger than he needs to just sit out, get his guaranteed ticket, and play another one - no money in tourney, but you know the type), so he's just terrorising everyone by systematically raising anything to pot limit pre-flop, then being reasonably aggressive post.

After a few hands of hey what, I manage to get a couple off him, but still sit tight just in case you know especially at Omaha you know. Then Raider2611 play this hand, see it, but on the flop he says: "have to go wanna lose" - the replayer doesn't do chat, so.

Play:

Of course he didn't "wanna lose" at all, he just got the maniac big time, kept playing.

I managed to finish 95th out of 6000 in that one, no ticket, but that hand was good for a laugh, hope you enjoy.

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 04:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Minraise, min-4-bet... Raider played his hand face-up. Obviously shoving any flop, set or not. Calling preflop with QT after the min 4-bet sucks. Yeah, you're getting a great price, but you're in terrible shape against a range where you have no postflop fold equity and terrible implied odds.

Old
Mon Oct 10, 2011, 05:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
Allow me to re-state that.
Mikoryza was being totally obnoxious pre-flop and then playing reasonably aggressive post-flop.
Raider2611 got him with the chat, or (I really believe) he would have folded. Maybe with the str8 draw, he would have gone for it, probably not, he was just playing pre-flop terror, he wasn't a total donk, he had the stack and used it.
He did fold on the flop/turn/etc. quite a few times while I was there.

Raider2611 just got him on the chat, everyone agreed at the table (and cheered :)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com