Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

What went wrong

Old
What went wrong - Tue Oct 11, 2011, 06:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar

Did i play this right or should i have bet 1st. This was the second hand dealt in a sng

Old
Tue Oct 11, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
yes, dont limp from late position

Old
Tue Oct 11, 2011, 06:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Limping there really isn't what I'd want to do (I'd either raise or fold it).. so I'd raise to 3BB. If you did limp preflop, then you really must bet the flop.

I'd also bet something on the flop. With that many in the hand, I'd want to make anyone that could have flopped 2 pair to pay to draw at me. Also, if you bet the flop, then your opp probably won't shove the turn with their two pair (they'd be scared of the flush). That would let you see the river pair the board and could get off of the flush if the opp pushed the river.

Old
Tue Oct 11, 2011, 10:25 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
2nd hand of a STT that hand is in the muck 90 % for me the other ten i raise preflop 4x for me not 3 becuase of the limper.

That said having mad the nuts against 2 pair you probabally would had same result if you bet or not. Not that if i bet out i'd be all in on that board i'd bet out 45% on flop.

take a breath and play another, brother

Grade b

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com