Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

2+2 Pokercast

Old
2+2 Pokercast - Wed Oct 12, 2011, 11:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I seem to plug this on a regular basis, but that's because for anybody that's serious about their game it should be compulsory listening.

Da Sens started a thread about Negraneau and Duke this week. Personally I don't like the guy, but then I wouldn't put Duke on my list of favourite people either. Love him or hate him he's always a good read. And a live interview is even better. If you want more on this particular spat have a listen to episode # 191. You won't be disappointed

The following edition (episode # 192) covers something truly shocking considering the number of scandals to hit the industry lately. It appears that the biggest poker network in the world has sanctioned the use of site owned bots on one of their skins. This is despite their published "poker" terms and conditions of play expressly forbidding players from using them. There is an argument (flimsy) that their use can be an aid to the liquidity of the games if programmed to operate at a break even level, but it seems that some of these things are returning a ROI of 40%+ in MTT's. So now you're not only having to beat the rake, but also automated house players that can achieve results equal to the best players in the world. Just when is this insanity and contempt for the customer going to end?

Pokerstars isn't the only company that I currently feel comfortable playing on, but the alternatives are quite literally disappearing on a week by week basis.

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 06:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
I seem to plug this on a regular basis, but that's because for anybody that's serious about their game it should be compulsory listening.

Da Sens started a thread about Negraneau and Duke this week. Personally I don't like the guy, but then I wouldn't put Duke on my list of favourite people either. Love him or hate him he's always a good read. And a live interview is even better. If you want more on this particular spat have a listen to episode # 191. You won't be disappointed

The following edition (episode # 192) covers something truly shocking considering the number of scandals to hit the industry lately. It appears that the biggest poker network in the world has sanctioned the use of site owned bots on one of their skins. This is despite their published "poker" terms and conditions of play expressly forbidding players from using them. There is an argument (flimsy) that their use can be an aid to the liquidity of the games if programmed to operate at a break even level, but it seems that some of these things are returning a ROI of 40%+ in MTT's. So now you're not only having to beat the rake, but also automated house players that can achieve results equal to the best players in the world. Just when is this insanity and contempt for the customer going to end?

Pokerstars isn't the only company that I currently feel comfortable playing on, but the alternatives are quite literally disappearing on a week by week basis.

Well it turns out as of tomorrow another poker site will finally re-open it's doors to U.S. players. WEEEEEEEEE

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 07:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywallman3 View Post
Well it turns out as of tomorrow another poker site will finally re-open it's doors to U.S. players. WEEEEEEEEE

I think I know who you're talking about. And I would advise you NEVER to leave a meaningful balance there. "Safe" online play is still a long way off for you guys.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com