Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

flat calls??? how to think

Old
Wink
flat calls??? how to think - Wed Oct 12, 2011, 03:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
just a brief question

i am heads up with a villain, i get AK and put out a 4 BB bet preflop! he flat calls and flop comes!
Kh, Qs,6d, i fire a 50% pot bet the guy flat calls again. at this point i had to start thinking trouble i guess. turn comes Td i fire another 50% and i am comitted on my K's. river comes another diamond. i shove my chips and he again flat calls showing me QQQ!!

when do i start checking on a made hand or was the betting ok?

sorry messed up the hand so no replayer

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 04:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
he was slow playing the hand, think to yourself, is a pair of Kings worth your whole stack?

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 05:07 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77wopke77 View Post
just a brief question

i am heads up with a villain, i get AK and put out a 4 BB bet preflop! he flat calls and flop comes!
Kh, Qs,6d, i fire a 50% pot bet the guy flat calls again. at this point i had to start thinking trouble i guess. turn comes Td i fire another 50% and i am comitted on my K's. river comes another diamond. i shove my chips and he again flat calls showing me QQQ!!

when do i start checking on a made hand or was the betting ok?

sorry messed up the hand so no replayer

You need to get the hand history, without it you can't get good feedback, and there is no real excuse to not have it since you can request histories from Stars even if you don't save them to your hard drive (which you can and should do). You don't need to put it in the replayer necessarily but at least need the text or in the case of a live hand similar details.

The reason is the answer depends on commitment which depends on stack sizes and how much money is behind, as well as the type of villain you're up against. When to pot control vs. when to commit, and the most profitable way to maximize value in either case, depends on all this stuff.

I'm sorry if this is harsh, but the question as asked with the info provided can't yield you any kind of real useful answer (garbage in, garbage out).

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 05:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
*moved*

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com