Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

[6-max-cash game] grinding up levels

Old
[6-max-cash game] grinding up levels - Wed Oct 12, 2011, 04:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
Hi folks,
Dr. Kauffer is taking a grinding up challenge in cash games 6-max 2nl, looking to be able to move levels and turn my bankroll of $86.01 to a nice and cool $4000, I will be doing this maybe for 12 month, and hopefully show my progress around my blog.
Challenge:
I have attended Xflix lessons and got inspired by him to take this challenge, in essence the challenge consists in put 80 dollars in your account and start by playing 2nl and make profit to move forward levels up the levels and achieve a $4000 bankroll, I am setting a 12 month target but I will try my best to achieve in less time, please follow my advance in my blog, weekly updates. See you at the felts.

Dr.Kauffer

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 06:24 PM
(#2)
Hi Folks,
After tonights session in which i have played 2 tables my bankroll sits at $92.94. Looking forward to tomorrows session.
See you at the felts

Dr, Kauffer

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 07:14 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Do you run any hud,hem or some kind of tracker?

Be nice to follow if you post some graphs or stats that we can look at to help you out too.

Anyways good luck with the 6max,never played 2NL 6max but I have tried 5NL and 10NL and found them to be pretty fishy.

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 03:04 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
GL Dr. Kauffer!

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 08:12 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Do you run any hud,hem or some kind of tracker?

Be nice to follow if you post some graphs or stats that we can look at to help you out too.

Anyways good luck with the 6max,never played 2NL 6max but I have tried 5NL and 10NL and found them to be pretty fishy.
Hey There,
I do run a Hud i will be posting videos of my play and also i will be showing graphics and so forth, in order to show my progress as i go along. Keep your eyes and ears open, Dr. Kauffer will keep his challenge alive.

Cheers
Dr. Kauffer

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 08:54 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Jimmy likes video replays

Old
Daily Update - Thu Oct 13, 2011, 04:27 PM
(#7)
Hey Folks,
My first session today in my challenge was quiet nice, i have managed to hit my first Royal Flush in my career. Managed to play fantasticly well and manage to put my opponent all in with trip QQ, was the highlight of the evening. Made through around 110 hands and a profit of just shy of $7.00, so bankroll after 2 days sits at $100.97, so looking now to bring it up to $150.00 so that will enable me to play the next level (5nl).

Dr.Kauffer

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 04:41 PM
(#8)
[IMG] image upload[/IMG]

As request from here is my graphic after 2 days of play. If you have any queries, dont hesitate in asking.

Dr.Kauffer

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 04:52 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
nice first day!! and are you really a DR??

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 05:58 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
nice first day!! and are you really a DR??
Hi Roomik17,
Thank you for your question. I am a Restaurant Manager with a degree in hospitality and Catering, so i can say i am. Lolol. Have been doing it for the last 16 years.
Cheers

Dr.Kauffer

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 07:08 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Congrats on the royal, and 1 more question... how did you play that many hands and not lose a single one?? fancy editing mayhaps?

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 02:45 AM
(#12)
Hey Romik17,
I have lost hands, the graphic shows, since i started till the time have collect the data, i have 2 days of profit, therefore the graphic is as shown, this doesnt show the hands you won or lose, for that is a different graphic. Yesterday i had a few rough times at the felts, got run over by the deck, couldnt hit any flop whatsoever, so my graphic looks like this now. Is also good to point out that this is real data collected by my hud and that cant be changed.

Dr. Kauffer

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 02:47 AM
(#13)
[IMG] image host[/IMG]

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 08:10 AM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2011
If you filter your graph by number hands played the community will be able to respond better.

At the mo, you are showing two days of play and a nice profit, but you could've played a million or a hundred hands. We can't tell if your on a smoking hot run good or slowly grinded out a small profit.

It's the default setting, blame the whole online poker community.

Just my opinion anyway..

GL

EDIT - sorry, I've just noticed the box on the bottom right hand side of the graph. I use hem, thats why the confusion. Still show your graph by hands played though.

Last edited by scotty200480; Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 08:17 AM..

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 12:33 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
I agree the graph you are posting helps no one and can be doctored quite easily.
Helps to see the swings and the red line is a pretty good indicator of leaks.

Your choice though.

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 05:34 PM
(#16)
Dear Readers,
i have now converted my data after the 4 days i have played and sort them by hands played, hope this ilustrate a bit better. I normally play up to 4 tables per session, each session is areound 1 hour and half. next Friday i will do a 10 hour session, straight, in which i hope to turn a big profit, lets see how it goes.

[IMG] image upload[/IMG]

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 05:49 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Oh that graph's much more interesting!

Good luck at the tables Dr. Kauffer - run good!! run good!!

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 08:31 AM
(#18)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Kauffer View Post
Dear Readers,
i have now converted my data after the 4 days i have played and sort them by hands played, hope this ilustrate a bit better. I normally play up to 4 tables per session, each session is areound 1 hour and half. next Friday i will do a 10 hour session, straight, in which i hope to turn a big profit, lets see how it goes.

[IMG] image upload[/IMG]
That's better!

GL.

Old
Variance VS challenge - Wed Oct 19, 2011, 11:49 AM
(#19)
Dear Readers,
After 8 days of playing poker towards my challenge, here is some more data about my play.
Is been a quiet steady trip,but variance is playing a big part on the challenge,which i believe is ok, i could done better in so spots, but i am pretty pleased the way things are going, just over 4000 hands played and did not have any big valeys, so on and all a good challenge so far.
Please pop your questions here and i will very please to answered them.

Dr. Kauffer

Last edited by Dr.Kauffer; Wed Oct 19, 2011 at 11:56 AM..

Old
Session #8 Dr. Kauffer data-Grinding Challenge - Wed Oct 19, 2011, 11:54 AM
(#20)
As promised my HUD data.

[IMG][img=http://s2.postimage.org/24sqyy7dw/Amount_Won_in_USD_over_Hands_Played_for_Dr_Kauff.j pg][/IMG]

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com