Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Have Any Forum Problems?

Old
Have Any Forum Problems? - Wed Oct 12, 2011, 05:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
I am making a list of BUGs in the PSO Forums, ie things that not work how they should and so on

if you have seen any please post them here so i can add them to my list

Thanks

Brian

If ya could please ad Screen shots in your post or PM them to me as I not having some of these problems so think it could be Browser or Operating system related

As i need to have as much details as i can for the tech guys

Thanks much

Last edited by TOO2COO; Wed Oct 19, 2011 at 09:53 PM..

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 07:10 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
I wouldnt call it a glitch but I do know when the site has been updated,due to having to log in again.

Oh I got one that bugs me a little..The notification of a private message sometimes works and sometimes it doesnt. Im on a mac,might be the issue.

Sometimes I read the mods are all "Super" as well,I thought there could be only one!

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 08:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
MY "GO TO "BUTTON HAS NOT WORKED IN AWHILE

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 08:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
MY "GO TO "BUTTON HAS NOT WORKED IN AWHILE

What, no drop menu from it?

The couple that I gave Brian are that we can't preview a post if it's the start of a new topic, and the Daily Posts tab is hidden.
Just so no one needs to rewrite them.

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 09:04 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I wouldnt call it a glitch but I do know when the site has been updated,due to having to log in again.

Oh I got one that bugs me a little..The notification of a private message sometimes works and sometimes it doesnt. Im on a mac,might be the issue.

Sometimes I read the mods are all "Super" as well,I thought there could be only one!
It may be that you have more than one message when you get the popup and only look at one. I've done it a few times. Do like I do cookies, when you log into the site, just take a quick peek at the red welcome box for your messages. It's easy to spot that red number with just a glance.

One other thing, and I'm not sure if I'm doing it or the forum is, but it has recently been putting all the posts as "read" so that my Last Posts is empty. It only happens when I first log on, and I'd say it's only happened about 3-6 times the last 4-6 weeks.
I'm not sure if I'm explaining it sensibly, and if you don't use Last Posts, you may not understand it. Pm me if any questions.

Old
Wed Oct 12, 2011, 11:37 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
What, no drop menu from it?

The couple that I gave Brian are that we can't preview a post if it's the start of a new topic, and the Daily Posts tab is hidden.
Just so no one needs to rewrite them.
YEP
NO DROP DOWN

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 12:04 AM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
AH, Brian I do have a very minor glitch I've seen...

When I have received a private message, the number shows in the box on the upper right.
when you open that message the number should default back to 0/56 messages (or whatever).

I have noticed that upon entering a forum, the 1/56 re-appears, indicating an un-read message.

I have to re-open the pm screen, and click the message again to get it to disappear, and it seems to come BACK when I switch to another forum.

It usually takes clicking on the message twice to get it to show as all messages read.

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 02:45 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
AH, Brian I do have a very minor glitch I've seen...

When I have received a private message, the number shows in the box on the upper right.
when you open that message the number should default back to 0/56 messages (or whatever).

I have noticed that upon entering a forum, the 1/56 re-appears, indicating an un-read message.

I have to re-open the pm screen, and click the message again to get it to disappear, and it seems to come BACK when I switch to another forum.

It usually takes clicking on the message twice to get it to show as all messages read.

YEP HAD THAT ONE ALSO

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 09:34 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
YEP
NO DROP DOWN

Sounds like it may be a browser issue. Never had that.

Have the same thing as JD too.

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 11:23 AM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2011
I've had that bug with the unread number of PMs and also this one: When I need to log in again (every week or so) it shows my password as saved, but if I try to proceed like that, it's says it's not the right password. I have to clear it out, put the correct password in, check the "Save Password" box yet again, then log in. And next time it will be the same routine - very odd.

Can we fix it? Yes we can! (I hope).

p.s. I use the Chrome browser, since it may well be a browser issue.

Last edited by flophitter; Sun Oct 16, 2011 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: Added p.s.

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 11:51 AM
(#11)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by flophitter View Post
I've had that bug with the unread number of PMs

Can we fix it? Yes we can! (I hope).
Lol someone elses kid watches bob the builder... ya showing unread msgs. Is hit or miss

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#12)
Not sure if everyone will agree on this, but I would like to see a "Last Post" option instead of (or in addition to) the "Last Page". So many times I would prefer to be taken to the last post of the thread.

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 12:40 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Oak View Post
Not sure if everyone will agree on this, but I would like to see a "Last Post" option instead of (or in addition to) the "Last Page". So many times I would prefer to be taken to the last post of the thread.
On posts that haven't been read, (darker red) there is a small box on the left Johnny. That takes you to the first post you haven't read yet.
If the post shows as "read" than you don't have that option and must go to last page.

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 03:50 PM
(#14)
Quote:
On posts that haven't been read, (darker red) there is a small box on the left Johnny. That takes you to the first post you haven't read yet.
Who says old dogs can't learn new tricks, Thanks Dan

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 08:37 AM
(#15)
Since: Nov 2007
Quote:
If the post shows as "read" than you don't have that option and must go to last page.
I must say I have a real issue with site navigation and the darker read for unread posts and light red for ones that have supposedly been read. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. For example on weekends when I switch the pc off and switch it back on on a Sunday or Monday and log in again I am met with a host of dark red threads when I go to last posts. Unfortunately I have usually read most of these threads and there have been no additional posts made.

I think it is worse if you are not logged in and are just on the site as a guest: if you go to Last Posts and if there have been no new posts since you came on as a guest, then no posts will come up when you use this feature. If you are a potential new member, it does not give a very good first impression of the site.

I would suggest a view new posts/Last posts option that displays the last five or ten pages of threads in sequential order for everyone. As a lot of online forums use the same forum software but just with different skins and options they have programmed themselves I think this should be entirely feasible and will provide a much richer user experience on the forum for potential new members and existing members alike.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 09:45 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
I must say I have a real issue with site navigation and the darker read for unread posts and light red for ones that have supposedly been read. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. For example on weekends when I switch the pc off and switch it back on on a Sunday or Monday and log in again I am met with a host of dark red threads when I go to last posts. Unfortunately I have usually read most of these threads and there have been no additional posts made.

I think it is worse if you are not logged in and are just on the site as a guest: if you go to Last Posts and if there have been no new posts since you came on as a guest, then no posts will come up when you use this feature. If you are a potential new member, it does not give a very good first impression of the site.

I would suggest a view new posts/Last posts option that displays the last five or ten pages of threads in sequential order for everyone. As a lot of online forums use the same forum software but just with different skins and options they have programmed themselves I think this should be entirely feasible and will provide a much richer user experience on the forum for potential new members and existing members alike.

Cheers,

TC
Yeah Top, this is the biggest issue for me too. Trying to find new posts when it marks them all as "read" can be a hassle.
On the issue when you come back and see posts as "unread" but yet you have read them, do what I do...once you're sure you've looked through everything you want to, hit the Go To tab, and then click "mark as read," then the next time you hit Last Posts, you will only get the new stuff.

I wish the Daily Posts tab was back up, instead of it being hid and only reachable if you place your cursor just barely above the Last Post tab and clicking to open a drop menu including Daily Posts.
Daily Posts was what I used all the time until it became hidden. It just helps make sure you haven't missed anything. I am trying to get into the habit of using it exclusively again. You still get the dark red for unread posts, but like I said, it just gives you a better shot of everything that may be current.
I like the number of days option idea. I don't know if it is possible in Last Posts, but it surely is a good idea in the Daily Posts.

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 12:28 PM
(#17)
Since: Nov 2007
Thanks Dan,

I do keep looking for the daily posts by hoovering above the last posts Tab but it does not work for me even though I have Firefox.

I really hope that they bring some improvement to the navigation side of the forum because I am sure a lot of people looking at the site find it discouraging and frustrating and that is not good for attracting people here.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 12:42 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Thanks Dan,

I do keep looking for the daily posts by hoovering above the last posts Tab but it does not work for me even though I have Firefox.
Place your cursor above the "last posts" box, just above the box itself but still within banner that the four buttons (go to, search, mail box, last posts) are contained in and left click.

That will give you a drop down with a daily posts option.

I use Firefox as well, and this works for me.

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 08:25 PM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
Thanks guys keep them coming

I will be working on this list and checking into these thing so the Power that be can get to them

T2C

Old
Tue Oct 18, 2011, 12:50 AM
(#20)
Deleted user
Just noticed something that gets me once in awhile and most likely is more me not knowing how to use the site properly.
When you click "last Posts" you lose the ability to "search" posts.

Not a bug but just something I noticed.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com