Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Poker Books

Old
Poker Books - Thu Oct 13, 2011, 02:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Hey Guys.

I recently started playing poker again, after a break on a couple of months from playing, mainly, small stakes Sit n Go's and home games for fun against my friends.

Although i think i got a pretty good control of the most basic parts of texas hold 'em i still want to improve my game big time! So i was thinking of buying a poker book to learn and improve my game, the only thing is, i don't know which one

I've seen that some of you guys have recommended Harringtons book, and i have been looking at that one but found a book a couple of minutes ago by Daniel Negreanu that sounded really interesting to. It's the one called Power Hold 'em Strategy.

I'm thinking of buying one of them, but it would be awesome if some of you guys have read it and would recommend which one of them, or other poker books, to buy.

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
All 3 harrington books are good. Also winning tournament poker one hand at a time ( both volumes) gl

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 05:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Hi Kongen and welcome to PSO and the forum.
Here's a thread from not too long ago.
Looks like weee waise may have left the forum, but the Langolier completes the information that weee provided, then erased, in his post here.
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ht=poker+books

You can always use the Search feature to find specific info. If you click on the gray Search tab, then hit advanced search, you can find threads on topics, titles, authors, etc. Try it and put in poker books, make sure it says search entire posts just below your key words, and you'll get a bunch to pop up.

Let us know if you have any questions, but be sure to look through the tabs up top. The league one explains the setups of the 3 leagues. The live training, library, and videos are all excellent resources.

Old
Thu Oct 13, 2011, 06:18 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongen0592 View Post
I've seen that some of you guys have recommended Harringtons book, and i have been looking at that one but found a book a couple of minutes ago by Daniel Negreanu that sounded really interesting to. It's the one called Power Hold 'em Strategy.
Hi Kong,

I have not read any of Harrington's books, so no comment there. I do have a small library of books, including Negreanu's, "Power Hold'em Strategy". There are several authors in the book. Each one writes about a different aspect of the game. I like the book and apply some of the strategies to my game.

Good luck with your choice.

Herk

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 01:06 PM
(#5)
thanks for all the answers

I took a look at the books again this morning, and i think I'm gonna go with Harringtons book. Although i find Negreanu and his small ball approach very exciting, i got the impression that Harrington focuses more on more basic stuff like pot odds, reading the table etc. and i need to gain better control of those aspects of the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, only read the reviews so far

Thanks again for the advices

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com