Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ober-13th-2011

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 06:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Session videos are available from some of the top Professional players on Team Pokerstars. These videos are made available free to all members of the PSO Community and will give you insight on how some of the top players got to where they are now and how you could possibly become a force to be reckoned with in the world of poker.

Read more: Latest News October 13th, 2011 – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...#ixzz1akWxcGT3

These videos are not made available to all players, it depends on your VPP Level. Last month I could watch some vids, but not all. This month, its hard to find ones I have access to that I have yet to see.So Basically, they aren't available to all members, like everything else changing in PSO, so has this.

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 07:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2007
Well the title "Are you all-in?" is somewhat misleading because not everyone is in.

I can understand your frustration Stakehorse because building a bankroll at min cash levels is not easy, either is obtaining 150VPP if your bankroll is small.

I can though understand the thought process behind making access to the videos dependent on the number of VPPS you have; a video on 600NL is not going to be much use to you if you do not have the bankroll or have not acquired the skill to play at that level yet, and you will certainly not be at that level if you are not earning 150VPPs. Indeed, our American friends do not have the opportunity to earn VPPs at all so their access to videos is much more limited than anyone else.

I think you have to understand that this is a "free" site, but that it funded by Pokerstars, their return on this investment is via the rake, so it is common sense that they want players to generate more rake but not to such an extent that they will play outside their bankroll or abilities. There are many poker sites out there offering videos, none of them are free, in fact a lot of them are total rip offs, so I think Pokerstars and PSO are providing an excellent service to all school members.

I have advocated before and I still advocate another payment level within the PSO Premium league at around 70 VPPS. This could also be added to the available video archives as an option as well. I think the jump from 20 to 150 VPPS is too steep for people who are learning the game and those who only play poker in their spare time.

I made 150VPP last month, just! I ended up playing the big 55 which is way outside my bankroll, not just to qualify for the higher prizes but also to see the videos. It was a calculated decision because my game had started to go backwards. Useful as the videos have been what has actually turned things around and allowed me to recognise my weakness is the advice here on the forum and the live training sessions and that is all free.

I have not played a PSO game yet this month, I may or may not play the rest of this month, because I am working on plugging the flaws that have crept into my game. I simply would not have been able to do that without PSO and the assistance of the people on the site. My goal is simply to be a consistent, well rounded, winning player at the best level I can achieve and at the moment that level happens to be the very bottom, and if you are at the very bottom and are unable to earn 150VPPs profitably then 150VPP videos are not going to solve the issues.

Watch the videos you can watch, attend live training, post your hands in the forum for analysis, analyse your own play, listen to those who are progressing or have built substantial bankrolls from zero, and start applying what you learn. When you have done all that earning 150VPPs will not even be part of your thought process?

Cheers,

TC

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 07:57 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Guys, 150VPP a month is super easy, you only need to do 5 points a day. Everyone should be able to do this.

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 08:11 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
yes, i'm all in! but only with the right hand

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 08:22 AM
(#6)
I don't think that is quite true, Merc

I just put it into the VPP calculator for someone new to the game. Lets say they have a 20$ bankroll to start and they play one table 2NL for five hours a day. Now if they have a job that is being very generous, and poker is taking up the majority of their leisure time. The calculator would only give 4NL but at 4NL you would earn 204 VPPs a month so we can assume someone playing 2NL would earn 102 VPPs.

I am sure that you or anyone else would not recommend a new player playing beyond their bankroll just to get VPPs.

The story is worse with SNGs; say he is playing two 50 cent 45 mans per day; about 5 hours if he is playing single table, he will earn roughly 16 VPP a month.

So at the lower levels it is not easy at all. Now I know you might say that he can multitable but I for one do not use a HUD, my major successes are read dependent, and I find if I play more than one table I loose that edge and with it profitability. Maybe multi tabling comes naturally to some but it will not come naturally to everyone.

So I still stand by my point that a level between 20 and 150 VPP would be good for the ongoing development and improvement of newer players.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 11:56 AM
(#7)
Ok, maybe if someone has only a $20 bankroll then they would be playing against their bankroll if they did what I do and take $2 to a PLO .02/.05 table and sit there a while. I sort the tables by highest average pot, and only sit on the ones that have an average pot of $2 or more. It doesn't take long to get 5 points that way.

So if anyone has a minimum of $100 bankroll, I'd recommend my method. 50 buyins should be sufficient to play within the bankroll.

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 09:22 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Well, considering that I have no VPPs and I can watch a majority of the videos, I see no reason why anybody would doubt the validity of the article and especially if you are able to play PSO and earn money as well.I wish I had the ability to play, but unfortunately all I can do is follow the players and write the articles I am told to write.I have never cared that there are some people here that don't like me or don't care about the weekly roundup, I have a job to do and I do it with what I am given, which unfortunately is not much, considering that every player here has a chance to contribute to the Weekly Roundup, but chooses not to. Think about how there are over 100,000 players here, but yet it takes teeth pulling just to get a bio and a few questions answered to put together the PSO Players of the Week.If anyone thinks they can do a better job, well, you always have the opportunity. So, if you don't like the article, it doesn't matter to me, because I still have players that can't play in the PSO League that read them. And when the articles stopped due to Black Friday, there were lots of people that wanted to know when they would be back. So,for all of you that continue to bash the articles, remember, you are doing what you have accused others of doing,and that is ruining it for the new players. And next week I will write another article,and the week after that and the week after that. As long as I breathe I will continue to try to acknowledge the players of PSO and the PSO in general. So bash all you want and say what you want, but maybe some should put as much effort into playing the game as they do into trying to figure out how to make the article look bad.

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 09:43 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
I would say you might have access due to your standings,since a lot of members have been inquiring
about not being able to watch the videos.

Other than that I cant comment on the rest of the issues.

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 10:08 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
I would say you might have access due to your standings,since a lot of members have been inquiring
about not being able to watch the videos.

Other than that I cant comment on the rest of the issues.
I can watch the free videos, but not the 20+ or the 150+. But even those are helpful especially for new players or players going from free money to pay tournaments and ring games.

Old
Fri Oct 14, 2011, 10:41 PM
(#11)
The donks are holding someone back again...

And Merc and Top at least you have the opportunity to watch the 20+ and 150+ VPP videos. We Yanks are stuck at only watching the "freebies".

Good thing is that all of Dave's,Honu's and ahar's videos are available to all. And for players starting down the path these are about the best one IMO.

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 12:15 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
. Indeed, our American friends do not have the opportunity to earn VPPs at all so their access to videos is much more limited than anyone else.

TC
I did mention it Mox. How could I forget you all?

TC

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 12:34 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
I did mention it Mox. How could I forget you all?

TC

What sux rocks is as I type this I have over 350 unused VPP's just sitting in my cashiers box. sure others have more.

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 01:29 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
What sux rocks is as I type this I have over 350 unused VPP's just sitting in my cashiers box. sure others have more.

Well, they are FPPs at this point no matter what...

3,610 for me. Being that I won 3k of them from a Twitter contest. REALLY wish I had used them for the Turbo Takedown I kept avoiding 'cause I wanted to make sure I was ready for it. EFF me.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com