Keeping Track so You can Laugh at Me

Old
Keeping Track so You can Laugh at Me - Sat Oct 15, 2011, 03:28 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
From 27 man play money SNG's.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Last edited by PaidInFull6; Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 04:14 AM..

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 03:39 AM
(#2)
hmm

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 02:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
SilverStar
Its pokerstars,

In the premier league Ive been dealing with that everyday. AA raise and shoved by a K7os and I lose to a boarded flush. AA shoved by a 7s8s preflop only to lose to a runner flush. AA vs 99 lose, AA vs KK lose, And the list goes on. I have lost 9 of the last 12 AA from preflop all ins and most of the time shoved by absolute garbage preflop. The premier league has gone to chit. The first month was ok, the second month was bad and now this month is just a donkfest. Its never gonna change due to all the lucky fish coming in every month.

You cant even blame them for playing like that cause pokerstars always pays them off. I mean 9 of the last 12 times preflop shoves I lose with AA. Most of those are to boarded flushes. Some are to 2 outers but more than 50% of them are to absolute stupid plays that get rewarded.

Im at my end here. Next month win or lose Im quitting the premier league and the only deposits I will make on pokerstars is on sundays for the big $11 $100K and the sunday storm. Im not even gonna attempt to satellite into them Im just gonna buyin when it starts. Theres many more productive things I could be doing than wasting hours upon hours on pokerstars only to be eliminated every game losing money/points and watch pokerstars hand over my hard earned money to fish who have no idea or just dont care about playing properly.

GL with your run.

Cheers

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 04:35 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by signsix View Post
Its pokerstars,

In the premier league Ive been dealing with that everyday. AA raise and shoved by a K7os and I lose to a boarded flush. AA shoved by a 7s8s preflop only to lose to a runner flush. AA vs 99 lose, AA vs KK lose, And the list goes on. I have lost 9 of the last 12 AA from preflop all ins and most of the time shoved by absolute garbage preflop. The premier league has gone to chit. The first month was ok, the second month was bad and now this month is just a donkfest. Its never gonna change due to all the lucky fish coming in every month.

You cant even blame them for playing like that cause pokerstars always pays them off. I mean 9 of the last 12 times preflop shoves I lose with AA. Most of those are to boarded flushes. Some are to 2 outers but more than 50% of them are to absolute stupid plays that get rewarded.

Im at my end here. Next month win or lose Im quitting the premier league and the only deposits I will make on pokerstars is on sundays for the big $11 $100K and the sunday storm. Im not even gonna attempt to satellite into them Im just gonna buyin when it starts. Theres many more productive things I could be doing than wasting hours upon hours on pokerstars only to be eliminated every game losing money/points and watch pokerstars hand over my hard earned money to fish who have no idea or just dont care about playing properly.

GL with your run.

Cheers

It's not Pokerstars. It's POKER. More to the point,it's freeroll/micro stakes poker. Period.

Sign first off 12 hands is so small a sample size as to be meaningless. I had a run in late October through early November last year where I lost 27 out of 46 hands holding AA or KK between the PSO League,SNG's,$ MTT's and ring tables. And at the end of the day over my FULL sample of AA and KK hands for my time here I still ran around 83% for ALL my AA plays and around 78.5% for my KK plays (I ran a little high overall I think because I'm always conscious of trying to bet out with these hands so as to isolate it down to 1 caller seeing as the %'s deteriorate so much with each additional caller...).

That means that to compensate for that bad variance run and some others there also had to be times when I was essentially bulletproof holding these hands I ran so hot. And I know by my average BB win rate on these hands that it wasn't due to over betting them and leaking value. It was just the odds balancing out,which they WILL do over a big enough sample size. Funny thing though---I barely can recall the times I ran hot compared to the times I ran cold. Or ran "normal" variance,whatever the Hell that is, versus the times I ran cold. And that is the nature of the beast.

I guarantee you that if you keep an accurate accounting of ALL you premium hands,Hell all you hands period, they will run within a couple of percentage points of normal parameters over a large sample. If not then YOU are doing something wrong---too high a win percentage and your are likely over betting them and losing value,too low and you're not betting enough and getting into too many multi-way pots. Odds are odds are odds and cards,just like corpses and dice,ain't got no memory.

Dude they can call it the Premier League,the Superlative League of Poker Excellence Without Peer or the PSO Donkathon Droolfest and Bake Sale and it's STILL going to be a Freeroll League. And you are still going to see a heavy population of freerolling buffoons who just caught a heater in the Open League for a month,played so many games that they just brute-forced a top whatever it is to qualify finish or whatever. And the best,the absolute cream of the crop players in these 2 Leagues are for the most part going to be MICRO level real money players. I know. I was one of them. So are you. Go read and/or ask the medium and high stakes regs what their general opinion of even the most successful micro stakes player is.

What I'm leading up to is this...the very nature of the 2 Leagues,being FREEROLLS,is going to lend themselves to having higher,more extreme variance swings for the simple fact that you are going to have to showdown to win hands so much more often. The truly bad players rarely realize, or even care in many cases,that they are calling thinner than the Olsen twins on a hunger strike. To them,in their demented little heads,poker IS nothing but a bingo fest. And you,me and everyone else that has an inkling or better of how to actually play this game a little bit are going to be beholden to the reality that 5,10,15,20,25 and 30% DOES happen. Look it's simple math--if you HAVE to showdown 10 times in a game and you were running so hot that you were 90% on every showdown you are still SUPPOSED to lose one of those statistically. Poker tournaments are kinda like being a test pilot like that---you only have to goof once to be a sticky mess on the runway.

But the other side of the coin is that at these levels you SHOULD have a clear and exploitable skill advantage over a huge preponderance of the competition. If you can't honestly say that you do then how the heck do you think moving up to a level where many/most of the regs will have a clear skill advantage over YOU is going to help?

I've seen Sens Fan,Darkman,JDean and a lot of players who know also know a Helluva lot more than I do say the same thing over and over and over...

If you can't beat the donks,droolers,ATC Shovetards and the like consistently,and I mean BEAT the everloving mess out of them,then how can you ever think that you'll be able to beat the regs when it's time to take them on? '

Cause in their world WE'RE the donks/fish.

They use the same RNG in those games to you know.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Sat Oct 15, 2011 at 04:47 PM..

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 08:02 PM
(#5)
This thread is just for laugh's guys and kinda keeps me from titling, if I take a bad beat it's just becomes a good hand to post in this thread.

signsix don't quit playing the PL because your having some rough luck, like Moxie said your luck will turn around and balance its self out in the long haul.

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 10:49 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Those are some pretty ugly beats - keep getting it in good!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com