Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

stay or go???

Old
Wink
stay or go??? - Sat Oct 15, 2011, 04:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
ok after the shortstacked 88 this a new shortstacked one! the polish guy like to wave his chips to impress. Overvalues Ax because he got paid several times. action is folded to him he shoves!
only read i have is that he is not the most carfull player and he likes to overbet his hands.

should i have folded???? i mean 4 BB and AK???

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 04:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Well it looks like your read on the Guy was dead write, giving him a nice wide range to shove with there.

So based on that it was a great place to get it in.

Grade b

P.S. I cant remember who but it was suggested to me that when you post a hand liek this to stop the action (post only part of the hand ) when its your turn to act rather than show the outcome.
Maybe comeback later and reviel outcome later.

Keep getting in good you'll do great

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 04:33 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Its a snap call 95% of the time. This is more a bad beat than a hand we can discuss.

Or is there something else,you really have to get over these bad beats or you are playing behind the 8ball. I know you have issues with bad beats by watching your posts.
Try this next time...
1.) Try to laugh about it
2.)If that fails try concentrating on your breathing,deep breathes and feeling it fill up inside of you.
Do this for as long as you can or need to. I find my concentration wanders but its a great excercise for bad beats/tilt and spewing.

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 05:24 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
unless the opp is a total nit that only plays QQ+.... it's a snap call in my book. You got it in with the best hand... that's all you can do.

P.S. with your read being correct, i'd shove my chips so fast it makes the guy's head spin.

Old
Sat Oct 15, 2011, 09:43 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
He has under 8 BBs...what chips does he have to wave around? :P

Snap call 100% of the time unless you're on or near the bubble of a satellite and you don't have one of the smallest stacks with 4 BBs.

And yeah, enough with the bad beats. In every hand vs. hand matchup each hand as a percentage chance to win. Preflop no hand is ever 100%.

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 01:10 AM
(#6)
Seriously you have to ask whether calling 4 BB's with AK is OK? It's a call 100% of the time,unless like Ori said it's a satellite or League game and you don't have enough chips to turtle to the ticket or money.

SNG or cash MTT I'm NEVER folding this hand,even if I read the guy as a nit. Reason being with 8BB's left himself even the nittiest of nits can be shoving a much,much wider range here for value than AA or KK. And those are the ONLY 2 hands I'm laying down AK to with 4 BB's if the villains hands are dealt face up.

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 03:25 AM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Everyone forgot to mention this:

Stop being results oriented!

Old
Wink
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 04:36 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Well cookies there is something. Because i have the feeling that shortstack play is my weekest play. Because when i have problems making chips in the tour i make these descissions and het crushed.

THE donkplay's aren't my worst concern but they are the ones that feed my flaws

Old
Wink
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 04:48 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Langolier i want to improve my shortstack play. I for sure know i can loose in à toss with 72 but my premier league stats show negative points for the last 10 tours due to shortstack flaws.

I mean:
- picking the right spot
- bet sizing

I know this AK is a frustrated example and i would do it again without thinking

But in à previous tour i get A7s early with 3 BB and i Shove because i won't be getting any better before THE blinds hit me. I get called 3 ways and i think

SHOULD I HAVE WAITED

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 12:40 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
No. It's pretty much a value shove at that point since you're getting called so wide.

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 09:27 PM
(#11)
Since: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
unless the opp is a total nit that only plays QQ+.... it's a snap call in my book. You got it in with the best hand... that's all you can do.

P.S. with your read being correct, i'd shove my chips so fast it makes the guy's head spin.
even if the opp is a nit, we cannot fold AK with our chip stack to a late position shove.

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 05:24 PM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by siberianex View Post
even if the opp is a nit, we cannot fold AK with our chip stack to a late position shove.

Bingo.

Only 2 hands you are afraid of here and even a mega-nit is shoving way,way wider than that from LP with 8BB's left themselves.

Like I said the only situation this isn't a snap call is in a satellite or League game and it's hard up against the bubble bursting and I have enough chips to turtle home.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com