Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Happy Day!!

Old
Happy Day!! - Sat Nov 09, 2002, 07:58 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
As many of you know, my daughter was born in December extremely early (26wks, 14.8oz) and given very little chance to survive. She came home three months later with a host of medical problems arising from her prematurity.

Well, we had a doctors appointment on Friday and she has been "officially" cleared of all medical problems arising from her prematurity!! Including her lung disease. We basically have a healthy. slightly small baby (who's going into hiding for RSV season) and all before her first birthday. Its been a tough year but things are looking pretty darn good

Now, her poker career can begin How old do you have to be to join pokerschool?

Just wanted to share

--Greagar

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2002, 09:44 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
that is absolutley awesome, Angels from heaven come in all shapes, and sizes I know u and ur f amily are happy this day and that is what life is about.

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2002, 09:56 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Outstanding Graeger! That is absolutely amazing!!

Old
Sat Nov 09, 2002, 11:12 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
great news! the white chocolate has been melted...

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2002, 01:55 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Fantastic news Greagar. Enjoy every minute with your precious daughter. They grow up really fast. It seems like yesterday when mine were born and they are 11 and 9 years old already. It's never too early to start teaching them the finer skills of poker.

Ricky Hard

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2002, 10:04 AM
(#6)
Deleted user

Deleted

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2002, 10:50 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
Greagar....

that is just simply wonderful... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make sure you teach her Omaha first though, Hold-em will be far too easy for a girl like her....

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2002, 01:35 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Wonderful :lol: :lol:

For the moment, just put a pack of cards under her pillow or down her baby-grow or whatever. That's what our family always did. She'll get the idea. Unfortunately my Dad left the jokers in the deck, which is why I'm always so optimistic.

Excellent news.

Take care

Glenn

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2002, 01:52 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
I am so happy for you. What a precious gift you have.

Randy

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2002, 05:21 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Greagar....

Everytime we think we have had a bad beat, life sticks it's head in and reminds us of the truly important things in life. Thank you for sharing the really good stuff and may your family and your daughter continue to be blessed.

Old
Sun Nov 10, 2002, 08:26 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Very happy for you and yours

ran

Old
Fantastic News!!! - Mon Nov 11, 2002, 02:43 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
Thank you so much for sharing that with us all!!! It puts a smile on my face to see good things happen to good people. Too often we only hear about the bad in other peoples lives and do not get to rejoice in the wonderful miracles that they are blessed with. Continued happiness to you and your family.

Rags007

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2002, 03:01 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
hey Greagar,

There is very little joy that can compare with the joy we get from our little ones.

Coming into the world as yours did can be an awful thing to overcome.

So happy that your child has made it in good shape.

Not sure if you saw the pictures I had of the most precious little poker player alive. They were posted at HP Photo.

Gone now but if you like I can send you one in an email.

sarge

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2002, 03:24 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your a lucky man i have 2 daughters and girls are great fun.very nice news to read. Bill

Old
Mon Nov 11, 2002, 04:49 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
OUTSTANDING!!!!! Once again, I am reminded what is truly important in life! May your little one bring you a lifetime of happy memories!!

Old
Tue Nov 12, 2002, 12:16 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. It really is the community here that makes PSO special. And for the advice: I will start her on pot limit omaha and am making her a playing card mobile. I'll also leave a deck in her crib. Look for a pic in my profile in the next day or so, much prettier than my mug.

I missed those pics sarge, please do send me one. Email's at the bottom of the post.

--Greagar

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com