Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

something smells bad in Denmark...

Old
something smells bad in Denmark... - Sun Oct 16, 2011, 06:25 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I read here this morning 3 posts in the forum. All 3 have 1 thing in common. They're about stakes.

Now, not less than 6 or 7 months ago, in the same forum, we had people receiving stakes, and setting up stakes for SCOOP, many were being staked, still are being staked.

So the question arises, is it who you know ?? or is there to be no staking through this site, and if so, when did this start/stop?

Mods closing these posts in forum, not saying its bad, but whats good for 1 should be good for all.

Stake.

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 08:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Good point. I suspect it depends on how you go about it, but it would be nice to get some clarification.

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 09:20 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
what did I miss?

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 12:37 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
I..........
Now, not less than 6 or 7 months ago, in the same forum, we had people receiving stakes, and setting up stakes for SCOOP, many were being staked, still are being staked.
LOL, of course you are talking about me here
There's a big difference between people offering to stake and people BEGGING for stake
For the SCOOP, I asked if anybody would be interested in such an activity and from the overwhelming response, I created it, I never begged

There's the TIC club ran by effsea, again there's no begging for stakes, people read than join if room is available.

BEGGING is just not allowed

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 01:49 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Mods where supposed to get back to us when the TIC opened up and clarify the rules,I don not recall if they ever did.

I think it creates a issue but I have already spoken on this and will leave it to the mods.

I do disagree on the idea that offering stakes is different from asking for one.
Its still staking and that should be the issue not relating it to begging.

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 04:36 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I don't know why you two are getting so excited

This is an example of what I'd like the answer to...........

"I'm playing The Sunday Million this week. And while I'm happy to cover the full cost, if anybody is interested in taking a 10% stake in return for 9% of my payout should I cash, please post your interest here"

"Hi Guys. I really wanna play the Sunday Million. Please please would someone stake me"

Now personally I'd delete the 2nd post immediately. But are either of them acceptable ?

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 05:13 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Neither are acceptable

My biggest concern is that seeds get planted in newer players that create a them vs. us.
When I glance throught the TIC from time to time it looks like a ole boys club. I know why its like that since the players in it are skilled enough to bring in a profit but newer players might not see it that way.
The issue is that the rule doesnt apply to all in this spot and that sucks for those on the outside.
I know how it feels being kicked out of both of the big home games groups. It makes me think
that something is up and I get my back up,natural response for me. So newer players that are not privy to the club wonder why am I shunned liked that idiot Iseecookies!

I took issue with the sudy groups because I thought they should be available to all.
Collusion sprung from them by a few members and not all,maybe 1 or 2.
Im not against study groups at all,just think it should be a fair playing field and all should have access.
Same goes for Chris and his alternate forum he had going.
same for home games,thats not the players fault but more stars for making it easier for players to cheat.

I like to point out holes I see in things to see if we can fix them.
From the start I said staking shouldnt be on this site for these reasons:
-New players will get upset when they are ignored
- People will get rolled and there is no way to get it back
- Creates a enviroment where people are competing against each other and not helping one another/
- Biggest one is that you can protect yourself from all these problems on other staking forums.

I know this looks like a shot across the wall at TIC but I have made my point clear from day one.
Good luck to them but I still dont think it should be allowed.

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 05:17 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Joker kicked me out of his club....

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 05:49 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
Howdy Folks,

Wow…..really, How do l reply to this…..hiccup

T.I.C. is an investment club, not a stakers club.

No member gets in for free or makes more than the other, or even asks for anything.

The think tank works for free, as do the horse’s,

Ongoing changes or moves are may by think tank members that where voted in

As for the drunk tanks, there only rule to get in is no tin foil hats, and don’t be an azz.

Drunk tank members are there to have fun and play great poker, but really, get an effin life, or a hobby………..hiccup

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 05:54 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
Joker kicked me out of his club....
They kicked me out too!!!

Besides; you, cookie and eff all quit coming around.

Last edited by joker41673; Sun Oct 16, 2011 at 05:57 PM..

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 05:57 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
They kicked me out too!!!
well that was a good call

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 06:18 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by effsea View Post
Howdy Folks,

Wow…..really, How do l reply to this…..hiccup

T.I.C. is an investment club, not a stakers club.

No member gets in for free or makes more than the other, or even asks for anything.

The think tank works for free, as do the horse’s,

Ongoing changes or moves are may by think tank members that where voted in

As for the drunk tanks, there only rule to get in is no tin foil hats, and don’t be an azz.

Drunk tank members are there to have fun and play great poker, but really, get an effin life, or a hobby………..hiccup
Is a investment group better than a staking group?
If you want a investment label than for sure stars will not allow this to continue on their forum.
I see it as cut and dry,staking group.How you divide the money has no change it what it is.

I will just state I never was a ass in the drunk tank and we both know when and why I was kicked out and its a personal reason. Wouldnt want to be somewhere I was wanted any ways.

We can discuss linguistics all day,Im not making this a issue. Just wanted to get the point accross that the rules are bent in this situation. If we allow staking we should have a forum for it or we will continue sending mixed messages. Which translates to what else do they allow that I as a new player do not have access to!

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 06:58 PM
(#13)
Asking for money without invitation, either directly or as a stake, is considered begging and is not tolerated.

Offering to stake someone else is not against the rules but PSO will not get involved in any disagreement between parties. Nor will it mediate between parties. Still, any discussions in the forum must comply with forum rules. Insults and offensive language remain against the rules.

As to the T.I.C. club, once again PSO will not get involved with or mediate any disagreements between club members.

I hope this clears things up. If you have any questions either post them here or send via PM.

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Tue Oct 18, 2011 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 07:09 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Thanks Joe that does help.
I couldnt remember if you guys got a answer or not from Pokerstars on that issue.

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 07:31 PM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
As to the T.I.C. club, once again PSO will get involved with or mediate any disagreements between club members.

LEAVE OUT ONE LITTLE WORD AND IT CHANGES THE WHOLE MEANING

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 08:07 PM
(#16)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
LOL, of course you are talking about me here
There's a big difference between people offering to stake and people BEGGING for stake
For the SCOOP, I asked if anybody would be interested in such an activity and from the overwhelming response, I created it, I never begged

There's the TIC club ran by effsea, again there's no begging for stakes, people read than join if room is available.

BEGGING is just not allowed
like the cookie man says, doesn't matter what you want to call it, it is what it is.

Of Course It's all about you isn't it Sandman, you and that huge ego of yours, you kill me!

I was actually referring to the whole idea of staking, and just to get a clarification for the Site rules on this.

I agree with Cookies, Staking is staking, whether you're the horse asking, or the staker offering.

Now granted, I didn't think any of the posts I read really interested me in any way, 3/7 posts I read had been posted by players that joined in the last month, showed me abosolutely no communication skills and for me to even want to go there, they want to be in good league standing for 5 months, at least showing some intuition that they know what they are doing.

Keep your head up Sandtrap, if I'm picking on you, I'll have the balls to put your name in the appropriate places, and not hide behind the words.

Stake

Last edited by Stakehorse75; Sun Oct 16, 2011 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: I agree with cookies....

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 08:20 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
As to the T.I.C. club, once again PSO will get involved with or mediate any disagreements between club members.

LEAVE OUT ONE LITTLE WORD AND IT CHANGES THE WHOLE MEANING

Fixed.

Sorry everybody.

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 09:14 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
Of Course It's all about you isn't it Sandman, you and that huge ego of yours, you kill me!
Keep your head up Sandtrap, if I'm picking on you, I'll have the balls to put your name in the appropriate places, and not hide behind the words.
Stake
I was going to say bull ..., but stakehorse will do

"Now, not less than 6 or 7 months ago, in the same forum, we had people receiving stakes, and setting up stakes for SCOOP, many were being staked, still are being staked."

Hmmmm I wonder who else was setting up stakes for the SCOOP?

And as for my ego...LOL
Hope you don't die even though you say I kill you...LOL

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 09:15 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
I was going to say bull ..., but stakehorse will do

"Now, not less than 6 or 7 months ago, in the same forum, we had people receiving stakes, and setting up stakes for SCOOP, many were being staked, still are being staked."

Hmmmm I wonder who else was setting up stakes for the SCOOP?

And as for my ego...LOL
Hope you don't die even though you say I kill you...LOL
WAT???

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 09:31 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
Doesnt translate for me either!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com