Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Cowboy takes the xflixx challenge

Old
Cowboy takes the xflixx challenge - Sun Oct 16, 2011, 09:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Okay Posse,

I am not a cash player but have been watching Felix' training videos and will give this a shot. I won't be focused on this at all as I still have my own challenge of 1000 games at each level as my focus.
I will post my results as requested.

Gidee Up!

Last edited by 19honu62; Tue Oct 18, 2011 at 10:06 AM..

Old
Sun Oct 16, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
why do it if you wont be focused on it? cant see anyone learning from it if you dont care about it

Old
Tue Oct 18, 2011, 10:05 AM
(#3)
Great question room..............I didnt say I wouldn't be focused when I am playing! This is simply my start to cash and I love the challenge it simply won't be a focus of mine to be in any rush to complete! Poker is a lifelong game and my focus is on my challenge!
As far as anyone learning from it.... I'm somewhat confused as my understanding of Felix's challenge is personal growth not for anyone else's! May I ask what you would like to learn from my taking this challenge? Where in my statement do I say I don't care? This is why i prefer to communicate in some other form than text but it is what it is.

Gidee Up!

Old
Tue Oct 18, 2011, 12:36 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19honu62 View Post
Great question room..............I didnt say I wouldn't be focused when I am playing! This is simply my start to cash and I love the challenge it simply won't be a focus of mine to be in any rush to complete! Poker is a lifelong game and my focus is on my challenge!
As far as anyone learning from it.... I'm somewhat confused as my understanding of Felix's challenge is personal growth not for anyone else's! May I ask what you would like to learn from my taking this challenge? Where in my statement do I say I don't care? This is why i prefer to communicate in some other form than text but it is what it is.

Gidee Up!
Thanks for responding yes his challenge might be for personal growth, but as Felix has shown with HH and such there are many spots to learn from. Especially at 2nl where the obvious play is not so obvious at all with some of these players.. and as the majority of people who will be taking this challenge are either new to the cash game, and or newer players, this is an excellent chance for a teaching opportunity.

Sure it is nice to watch friends grow their bankroll, but this challenge I think, as Felix began it is also a tool for helping newer players get a grasp on concepts, theory etc, not just a watch how I grew my bankroll.

As to the not caring part, when someone tells me I will do it, but my focus is elsewhere,I would assume that it is not a priority, but since you have cleared up my misconception about what you said, all is good!!

And I agree wholeheartedly about your last statement..... too much is misinterpreted with the written word

Old
Tue Oct 18, 2011, 01:06 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
And I agree wholeheartedly about your last statement..... too much is misinterpreted with the written word
+ Infinity

Good luck Cowboy...looking forward to your virgin results.

Old
Thumbs up
Doh - Tue Oct 18, 2011, 06:26 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote,,,,"And I agree wholeheartedly about your last statement..... too much is misinterpreted with the written word",,,,Unquote

Boy that just about sums up this forum sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!

something to think about,,,,next time anyone wants to have an online blowout,,,,,,,

also,,,,, good luck to you Honu,,,,,, I may have to try one of your challenges and see what its like to truly grind everyday,,,,,

Last edited by gmanwicksy; Tue Oct 18, 2011 at 06:29 PM..

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 12:48 AM
(#7)
[QUOTE=roomik17

And I agree wholeheartedly about your last statement..... too much is misinterpreted with the written word[/QUOTE]

Damn you Johan Gutenburg and your -EV movable type.

Good luck with it Cowboy.

It was a source of consternation to me that I wasn't a winning player at rings and after watching felix and Daves and a few of the others videos I see a ton of bad moves I was making.

Yanks get back on here cleaning up that particular piece of untidiness is definitely on my agenda as well.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com