Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Closing my account very soon...

Old
Closing my account very soon... - Mon Oct 17, 2011, 01:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Hi PSO members i wanted to let you guys know that i'm going to close my account very soon by the end of October. I have closed all my other account with poker online due since what happened with FULLTILT. I will never see my money from FT, so i'm worry POKERSTAR is next.
Beside that i think whole poker online site is RIGGED. Yes i know we all have badbeat and more.
But my points is EVERY times i deposit money in with POKERSTAR account some how i ended up losing all my money here. let me tell you somethings i know i'm good poker player not a losing player. So i decided going to play LIVE TOURNMENT for a year and see how i do. Yeah no more online since it so MESSES UP. Sorry guys i going to be missed soon. It have nothing to do with Fishes and Donkeys how they played their games. I'm talking about the peoples who run the site.
Well guys FAREWELL TO ALL OF YOU. from outcast13

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 01:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
I for one am sorry to see you go Outcast, enjoyed playing against you and trust me when I say I know exactly how you feel sir. If things dont pick up I may join you, I must say I enjoyed PSO much more prior to the Prem and since it started I have seen a lot of strange going ons. Take care and good luck in whatever form of poker you play. And one more thing Outcast my results pick up just after a deposit, strange but very true. Gate

Last edited by gatehouse999; Mon Oct 17, 2011 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: .

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2007
I would be sorry to see either of you two guys leave; I have enjoyed railing and playing against you both.

All I can say is that in the depths of a downswing it is sometimes difficult to see things objectively and instead of looking at your game and plugging the weaknesses it is much easier to blame events out of our control, i.e. the way the cards fall.

I have watched a lot of poker over the last month, from beginners to pros, both live and on video, and the one thing i do know is that these suckouts happen to everyone. Indeed, even the best make the wrong play sometimes and suck out their opponent and yet the time they make the right play they get sucked out: it just happens in poker and you have to accept that. The thing is to try and make the best decision and over time that will be profitable.

I do get the feeling though that the game is changing: there are a new breed of player who have thrown the rulebook out the window and written their own set of rules. They do not follow the maths, odds or anything else and yet look at some of their stats and they are highly successful. They play on human weakness and indecision no matter what their cards and you then have to adjust any decision you make.

Are they beatable? Off course they are, anyone is,but one thing is certain is that if you do not adjust, learn and apply you will be left wringing your hands in anguish.

I am still on a break, dabbling with a few freerolls, here and there and a bit of min cash. i will know when it is time to give it another shot; i hope that both you guys will give it another shot too.

GL

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Mon Oct 17, 2011 at 04:17 PM..

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 04:06 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast13 View Post
Hi PSO members i wanted to let you guys know that i'm going to close my account very soon by the end of October. I have closed all my other account with poker online due since what happened with FULLTILT. I will never see my money from FT, so i'm worry POKERSTAR is next.
Beside that i think whole poker online site is RIGGED. Yes i know we all have badbeat and more.
But my points is EVERY times i deposit money in with POKERSTAR account some how i ended up losing all my money here. let me tell you somethings i know i'm good poker player not a losing player. So i decided going to play LIVE TOURNMENT for a year and see how i do. Yeah no more online since it so MESSES UP. Sorry guys i going to be missed soon. It have nothing to do with Fishes and Donkeys how they played their games. I'm talking about the peoples who run the site.

I would have more faith in PokerStar's financial integrity now, than in the past. When Black Friday came, the site went to bat for the American players, insisting the DOJ unlock the funds. Within a week, PokerStars announced a full return of all funds. Yes, there were delays due to the number of claims filed, but we did get paid. Hard to beat that kind of record.

Flip the record over, we have heard it enough times. I too thought the site was rigged. However, I went after the proof, looking for the numbers. Funny thing happened. I wound up proving the exact opposite. If you honestly believe the site is rigged, you are a fool for being here more than a second after coming to that conclusion.

Prove it with facts, not conjecture, not emotions, and definitely not with your record. As I told another member, somebody does lose in this game, regardless of ability. If that wasn't true, no player would ever lose money. My record isn't stellar, it is barely in the black, but I'll never be the guru of poker.

Got problems with the site? As they said in my generation, either become part of the solution, or stop complaining. This place needs more moderators, and they are looking for such members who are not American. Otherwise, the old hedgehog would apply. Same thing goes for offering constructive suggestions, not just mouthing off about the "problem." You have to be more definative.

Just one little word of advice when you play live. Carry a sock and stuff it in your mouth. Think you have seen crazy cards online that kill your winning hand? You'll need that gag when it happens in live games to keep yourself from cursing. Poker relies on a random factor, the deal of the cards. If you can lose, you just might. The difference is that online you'll see more than twice as many hands, so if it happens to you in a live game, it will be twice as painful.

It might seem like I'm telling you not to let the (censored) door hit you in the butt. Truth is, I'm wishing you the opposite. My thought is that when you finish that year of live action, you'll either return realizing how good PokerStars is, or you'll be giving them a lot of the credit for your successes.

So in closing, I'll wish you all the best.

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 04:14 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
It would be sorry to see either of you two guys leave; I have enjoyed railing and playing against you both.

All I can say is that in the depths of a downswing it is sometimes difficult to see things objectively and instead of looking at your game and plugging the weaknesses it is much easier to blame events out of our control, i.e. the way the cards fall.

I have watched a lot of poker over the last month, from beginners to pros, both live and on video, and the one thing i do know is that these suckouts happen to everyone. Indeed, even the best make the wrong play sometimes and suck out their opponent and yet the time they make the right play they get sucked out: it just happens in poker and you have to accept that. The thing is to try and make the best decision and over time that will be profitable.

I do get the feeling though that the game is changing: there are a new breed of player who have thrown the rulebook out the window and written their own set of rules. They do not follow the maths, odds or anything else and yet look at some of their stats and they are highly successful. They play on human weakness and indecision no matter what their cards and you then have to adjust any decision you make.

Are they beatable? Off course they are, anyone is,but one thing is certain is that if you do not adjust, learn and apply you will be left wringing your hands in anguish.

I am still on a break, dabbling with a few freerolls, here and there and a bit of min cash. i will know when it is time to give it another shot; i hope that both you guys will give it another shot too.

GL

TC

This is a very big and such a true statement. I now play on a different site and wow was it a huge change of player styles than it was when I played here. It seemed like bad beat after bad beat. Luckily I didn't deposit so it was not costing me money. Now after playing for 5 months I now have $80 in my account, and started with $0 and still have not deposited.

Top is right often times we have to adjust out of our comfort zones to improve our game. I also believe that sometimes taking a break can also help our game.

This is just for me but when I start to feel a downswing that is due to me losing the interest in the game and feel it is an obligation to get on and play. So I take a night or two off and I feel refreshed.

Anyway good luck in your live games, and hopefully you can take what we learned here and apply it to any poker we play.

Peace Dry UDS

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#6)
Again TC wisdom beyond your VAST number of years. I found playing Brits,Canadians,Americans and Irish players easier and by that i dont mean any disrespect just the opposite, they play the game as it should be played. Now the Eastern Europeans and to an extent Spanish and german confuse me I cant read them because of the ATC raises and All Ins. So i have no answers only questions and fustrations.Safe to say I am more mixed up than a broken Rubiks cube. Gate

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2010
Hi OC

Sorry to hear you are leaving us
But if that's your decision it's to be respected
Was fun the few times we met on the virtual felt
Good luck to you in whatever you endeavour to do
All the best to you and your family

spike

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 04:38 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
let me tell you somethings i know i'm good poker player not a losing player
How do you know?

I'm not being snide, I'm serious... this is a very important question because most players are NOT winning players, and to a person most also overestimate their own ability. If you are consistently losing online chances are very good that you're not a winning player in general. You may be able to beat small stakes live play if you're ok, but the fact is that small stakes live games are in general super soft and filled with weak players.... you can be very mediocre and beat 1-2nl live for a modest win rate, but still get crushed in stakes like 25nl online.

So the question is a serious one... the only way to really know you're a winning player is to gather a meaningful sample size of results that show you are. If you're always losing online, and you need to go play live for a year to see how you do, that means you don't have nearly any kind of reasonable sample size of live play results, and the only results you do have indicate you are not a winning player. Reality check. The site is not rigged against you. It's much easier to blame rigged sites than your own play for your results though.

I'm not trying to be mean, this is a tough love message. As long as you continue to blame external factors for your poor results you will self-inhibit from looking at the things within that are actually causing them.

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 04:43 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
How do you know?

I'm not being snide, I'm serious... this is a very important question because most players are NOT winning players, and to a person most also overestimate their own ability. If you are consistently losing online chances are very good that you're not a winning player in general. You may be able to beat small stakes live play if you're ok, but the fact is that small stakes live games are in general super soft and filled with weak players.... you can be very mediocre and beat 1-2nl live for a modest win rate, but still get crushed in stakes like 25nl online.

So the question is a serious one... the only way to really know you're a winning player is to gather a meaningful sample size of results that show you are. If you're always losing online, and you need to go play live for a year to see how you do, that means you don't have nearly any kind of reasonable sample size of live play results, and the only results you do have indicate you are not a winning player. Reality check. The site is not rigged against you. It's much easier to blame rigged sites than your own play for your results though.

I'm not trying to be mean, this is a tough love message. As long as you continue to blame external factors for your poor results you will self-inhibit from looking at the things within that are actually causing them.
+1000

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 04:47 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
How do you know?

The Langolier speaks the truth...

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 05:03 PM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatehouse999 View Post
Again TC wisdom beyond your VAST number of years. I found playing Brits,Canadians,Americans and Irish players easier and by that i dont mean any disrespect just the opposite, they play the game as it should be played. Now the Eastern Europeans and to an extent Spanish and german confuse me I cant read them because of the ATC raises and All Ins. So i have no answers only questions and fustrations.Safe to say I am more mixed up than a broken Rubiks cube. Gate
Thanks for that Gate, I think

There is definitely no one way the game should be played, and we all have different styles. I do agree that a lot of the Spanish and German players are very aggressive, not all, by any means, but a great majority of them. In the German freerolls, there seems to be a great love of A rag, often raised and quite frequently all in with this hand. The Spanish guys I have come across in min cash will often go all in with pocket pair, will limp wherever possible, and are capable of raising with ATC; really difficult to read and I often seem to call/raise when they have the hands.

Having watched your play quite a bit Gate, I am pretty convinced that 25NL 6 max, could suit your strengths. Now I would never advocate anyone playing beyond their bankroll but I think 25NL would really play to your A game. It is very tight, the regs tend to be very nitty, you need good opening hands to be involved and be willing to stack off on them. As soon as a weaker player sits at a table (usually below 100BB), the regs are queuing up like a hoard of locusts, trying to get at their cash. The weak player might get lucky in a few hands but sooner or later one of the regs takes his stack.

I have played this level a few times but I tend to get impatient and undisciplined and end up playing weak starting hands and before I before I know it my stack is gone. Have a look at the games as a viewer, I think it could just be a place, that could change your whole thinking.

In any case, don't give up the fight; if you keep getting it in good eventually the results will come your way.

Take care

TC

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 05:52 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:

First and foremost I remember that you had some health issues with your daughter I believe it was a while back,hope that turned out all for the best.

On the issue of your post outcast I'll say as far as what seems to be your first concern,then integrity of the site vis-a-vis paying you any monies won at some point,I would say with complete confidence that you have ZERO to worry about on that front. Stars did,on their own initiative,negotiate with the DOJ here in the States so that they would be able to pay their American customers the monies they were due. And really they easily could have just taken a position that their hands were tied and we would have had no real recourse against them. But they showed their integrity (and yeah a smart business savvy that helps them also...) and made us whole. So I think you have nothing to fear on that front.

As to the other part of your post---the site being rigged,on-line poker being rigged or whatever. Meh Stars had has their RNG tested by outside sources and it's been given the thumbs up. More salient to me though is the fact that there are many of regs on here,playing for lots of money and using all manner of HUD's that are allowed by the site. And you know Damn well some of these players are pure math players. Probably some MIT types banging away at it on here. If there was ANYTHING to the rigged line one it would have been uncovered and proved by now.

Plus I always go back to the motive argument...Stars makes a killing on rake and rake fees for SNG's and MTT's every single day,week,month and year. They have NO stake in the results themselves except that they want as many results and players as possible. Why would they risk the single number one factor that could get players to leave in droves,that being the perceived integrity of the site,to rig it for certain players to win or lose,or rig it for action, or ghits and shiggles,or whatever?

Dave's points on HOW do you know that you're a winning player are valid and meant to be helpful to you. One I would add is I took the liberty of looking up some of your results on open tracking sites and have to say that when it come to your MTT's and multi-table SNG results at least,it seems like you just careened from game to game and buy-in level all willy-nilly with no real plan of action. Just a play what you feel like playing kind of approach. Not saying this to embarrass you in any way,and in all honesty I see a lot of players take the same approach. But NOT having a plan before you even get to the table is making it harder on yourself for no good reason and is what takes many players who could be profitable and drags them down.

If you're dead certain that this is what you want and/or need to do then best wishes to you in all future endeavors. If this is just a tilt issue then try to take a step back for a couple/few weeks and instead of playing try doing a study only program for a while,especially a study of your play through any saved hands/results you may have to identify some leaks (we ALL have them...) so you can search for a way to plug them.

Lastly is sounds by the way that you worded it that you're going to give live poker "a try". If that means that you haven't played live before,or very little,let me just say that if you are coming from a position of being tilted with this post then be very,very careful about your live aspirations. Because when/if you run into live regs they can spot a tilty player from a mile away and will exploit you at every opportunity. If you bring emotion to the table live it's readily evident for all to see after all.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 05:54 PM
(#13)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
How do you know?

Sticky request.

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 06:05 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Sticky request.
I'll 2nd that!

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 06:05 PM
(#15)
Since: Aug 2011
Quote:
How do you know?

Couldn't agree more

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 07:59 PM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2011
BRO ...gl you know where to reach me ...the email I pmd u.... r0ck... gl in november @the big tourney

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 08:53 PM
(#17)
Since: Apr 2011
enough said

Last edited by PLaws62; Tue Oct 18, 2011 at 07:28 PM..

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 09:32 PM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
I wouldn't jump the gun just yet Outcast13.

I was consistently a losing player on other sites, regulary reloading before I came to Stars ..... Now Star's didn't suddenly make me a better player....... but the discovery of PSO did.

The reason being is that I learn't to keep records of each buy-in and cash-out I made......... I took up challenges and had a target to reach for.......

I attended the live training sessions which are FREE....... like where else would you get it.

All helped me improve my game........

Now I don't know if you have keep records. If you haven't check out officialpokerrankings.com .......

You might be presently surprised

With the help of PSO I have turned my return on investment figure from a minus to a plus 22% figure........ and went from a rating of 45% to a rating of 88%..........

The PSO is a great community and personnaly I'd hate to see you go......

Stick around a little longer, set yourself a target. I suggest the 'Cowboy Challenge' (check the forum) and attend a few of the live training sessions and I 100% guarantee you will see your results improve.

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 09:32 PM
(#19)
Thank PSO members,

First i want to say thank you to Dave for his opinion about my poker in general, since i respect what you had to say about me. Please don't get me wrong here after i learn lot from PSO to improved my game. And i thanks for that it help alot. Weeeeeee Anyway yes i know we all get badbeat ect...

For the past year i put in about 4,760 hours or more i can't keep track all of them. Plus did lot of poker studying ,reading,watching videos, much more to list. Maybe it was me being on "TILT".
I'm not to sure about that one because i'm usually pretty good not being on TILT i just move on from there and learn my mistakes. It poker i know.

Not to sure how to express my feeling about poker in general of what i been going through this past year. Maybe it my bankroll mangerment ? Maybe it my play ? ect...I thought i was good enough poker player to win now and then and lose some but i guess i'm not good enough ?

After i went over with my ROI i realize Dave was right about that one. Maybe you can help me get back on track again and hopely becoming winning player again ?

Thank from Gary (outcast13)

PS I will post more on here if i have more Questions to ask

Old
Mon Oct 17, 2011, 09:59 PM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank PSO members,

After i went over with my ROI i realize Dave was right about that one. Maybe you can help me get back on track again and hopely becoming winning player again ?

PS I will post more on here if i have more Questions to ask
That's more like it Gary...... A fighting spirt........

With the hours that you clocked up and your knowledge of the game I've no doubt you can turn this around.....

Again can I suggest you take up a challenge like the cowboy challenge..... Playing tourneys with a couple of 1000 players really limits anyone's chance of making the money....

Try playing 100 45 man's straight...... You'll crush it......

The example that Plaws62 posted above was definetely a bad beat..... but was the guy with the GIANT stack really going away with Ax..... The hero's entire stack was just loose change for the villian. Poker is full of bad beat stories but we gotta just dust it off and move onto the next game.

(Here's a good beat story..... An Irish player 'Bolgergay' played a $16 satelite to win a ticket to the last Sunday Million which he won....... he's never had a big win and always struggled....... he finished 4th in the biggy for a prize of $112,500...... His biggest win before this was $215....... )

And one last thing before I forget....... I encourage live play but from my experience it too is a big bad world........ For a bit of comedy search you tube for 'patrick antonious cracks aces at wsop'

It's better to laugh then cry......

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com