Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Poker Table Ratings Hand Histories

Old
Exclamation
Poker Table Ratings Hand Histories - Wed Oct 19, 2011, 06:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Are Poker Table Ratings, HH any useful? There seem to be not many reviews about the site on the net? Worth the investment? What do you guys think?

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 07:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Oh boy. Have you just opened a can of worms or what

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 10:37 AM
(#3)
Hand histories are an invaluable tool to evaluate your play.

HOWEVER ...... You have chosen one that is prohibited by pokerstars. You will need to remove that program from your computer. If stars sees it (which they have the ability to do) you will have to answer to support@pokerstars.com. Better just to remove it yourself.
To find the prohibited list, go to FAQ on pokerstars, look for poker rules in the menu on the left, and then prohibited software for a list of approved and prohibited programs.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Wed Oct 19, 2011 at 11:13 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 10:53 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by miiione View Post
Are Poker Table Ratings, HH any useful? There seem to be not many reviews about the site on the net? Worth the investment? What do you guys think?
From the way you phrase your question it looks to me as if you were only considering getting some software of this nature. Always best to check the extensive lists of software that are allowed and that are barred by pokerstars before investing in something.

Lists are somewhere on PS site - I am sure Dan or one of the other experienced players here can tell you where to check if you cannot find it by searching the PS site.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 10:58 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2007
Just for clarification Dan is it legitimate to look up ranking and and stats on Poker Table Ratings.

Cheers,

TC

And just for those interested here the link to the page with authorised and prohibited software:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

Cheers,

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Wed Oct 19, 2011 at 11:06 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 11:12 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Just for clarification Dan is it legitimate to look up ranking and and stats on Poker Table Ratings.

Cheers,

TC
I'm not sure how their site works TC, usually when someone asks these types of questions, I just check the prohibited software list first to see if it's listed. This one is. So I don't know if they have rankings like OPR where you can just go and look at their tables without registering and then leave the site. In the OP's question, they are insinuating that this is a program which is running and saving HH's and as it is in the prohibited list, players can't use that.

I just edited my first response here to correct the way you find the prohibited list...not that it's too hard, but for newbies it might be a little confusing and I made an error.

edit...player isn't insinuating that HH's are being stored....more info on the way

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Wed Oct 19, 2011 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: seeing things a bit clearer now. :P

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 11:49 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

Dan asked me to check in on this thread. PTR logging in to check someone's rating I'm not exactly sure how Stars views that (you may want to check with them, or maybe the Stars security rep can comment here). It may well be treated like sharkscope, you can do this while not logged into the Stars client. That's a guess, again idk.

The thing they would prohibit for sure is the purchase of HH's. PTR stores HH's and sells them in bulk packages. I'm certain Stars would view this under the "shared database" umbrella, although it's not exactly the same thing it is in fact a way to get HH data that you are not entitled to as you did not sit in and gather it yourself, and that will always land a site/service on Stars' prohibitted list.

Dave

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 11:59 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2007
Thanks for the update Dave, I just wondered, because I recalled it being on a thread here earlier in the year.

I would be interested to know how any of these tracking sites, permitted or prohibited, are able to access the information, that they are selling. I would have assumed that Pokerstars, or any other company for that matter would have taken action to stop the tracking of their data.

Maybe the security guy could answer that as well and I will send him a pm just for clarification.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post

Cheers,

TC
I can confirm that using PokerTableRatings is prohibited by PokerStars.

Sincerely,

Michael J
PokerStars Game Security Team

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com