Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

I must be playing the wrong game

Old
I must be playing the wrong game - Wed Oct 19, 2011, 06:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
BronzeStar

8 left 7 get the money

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 07:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
WHY DID YOU CALL ??

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 07:06 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
He probably expected you to fold since you were on the bubble.
Thats very unlucky.

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 07:10 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
WHY DID YOU CALL ??

Was calling the wrong thing to do there ? Im still learning. He been on my table all game and doing the same thing chiping up and down.

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 07:32 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
WHAT DID YOU THINK HE MY HAVE ??
HAD YOU PLAYED WITH HIM LONG ??

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 07:34 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
HOPE YOU MADE A NOTE ON HIM

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 07:41 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
I made a note on him but i will get banned if i post it here

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 08:00 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.bisland View Post
Was calling the wrong thing to do there ? Im still learning. He been on my table all game and doing the same thing chiping up and down.
If it's a satellite, this is an easy fold. If it's a regular pay structure tourney, this is an easy call imo.

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 08:14 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
If it's a satellite, this is an easy fold. If it's a regular pay structure tourney, this is an easy call imo.
ONE REASON I DON'T LIKE THE REPLAYER IS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE PLAYING
BUT HERE IF I'M WILLING TO PUT ALL MY CHIPS ON THIS HAND ON THE BUBBLE THEN I SHOVE FIRST IF HE HAD I'M SURE HE WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE POT
BUT WHEN HE CALLS HERE I THINK THE BEST HE COULD EXPECT IS A COIN FLIP
AND I DON'T HAVE ANY LUCK WITH AK BUT THAT'S JUST ME

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 08:18 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.bisland View Post
Hi M

Don't worry about the 'still learning' bit! Seasoned poker pros that are playing for years are still learning. That's why we are all here on PSO.

AK suited might seem like a very attractive holding and it is a powerful opening hand. It is definitely NOT a hand worth putting your entire chip stack at risk for pre flop. If the villain turns over a pocket pair of A's your crushed but as the play showed any pair beats you in this spot.

It was an incredibly bad play on the villain's behalf and in the long term he'll lose out big time with plays like this. Again as already said make a note on him. Next time if your holding a premium made hand like a large pocket pair and he makes a play like that shove it in his face. I'd be 80% sure you'll win in those spots unless he gets lucky again and hits something better.

I also get the feeling by your quote that you've seen the villain make loose plays already in the game and that his chip stack is taking large swings. Sounds to me he's a loose aggressive player or LAG type. There are good LAG players (Gus Hansen) and bad ones. Judging by his pre flop shove here he's one of the bad ones.

Just take it on the chin, it's one of those things that happen. I've met you on the tables and your play is quite good. Some of your play is very creative.

Good luck on the felt!

Last edited by TOO2COO; Wed Oct 19, 2011 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: Removed twitter link

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 09:10 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
+1

Gidee Up!

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 09:19 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
since it's a satellite, with 5 stacks lower than you, it's a muck for me (I'd even consider mucking AA in that situation). The one and only goal at that point, is to NOT get ko'd.

If it's a regular pay schedule, call all day long.

Old
Wed Oct 19, 2011, 09:58 PM
(#13)
this is a 45 man normal speed 25 cent game i guess.

i call this every time and at the same time i know i do not yet have a pair. so some times i'm busting out and sometimes i'm busting them.

Grade b

Old
Thu Oct 20, 2011, 01:11 AM
(#14)
Since: Mar 2011
One question about the in and outs or the famous odds ect ive seen more than my share also of bad plats like that. Is this a run of bad luck or lack of knowledge, ive seen very good players thrownoff there games because of stupidities like that... so a fold on all ins should be the right thing...ive found that i might win 1 out of 5 all-ins with 1 or 2 hands im confuse by times and mad lol still learning thx )

Old
odds and outs ect. - Thu Oct 20, 2011, 01:55 AM
(#15)
Since: Mar 2011
there is 13 cards of each suit in a deck ok, when you check your outs you still have to consider the other 8 players sitting at your table also..so less cards in the deck but you dont know what they have so how can youfugure out your outs this way im confused lol.

Old
Thu Oct 20, 2011, 10:40 AM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB180463 View Post
One question about the in and outs or the famous odds ect ive seen more than my share also of bad plats like that. Is this a run of bad luck or lack of knowledge, ive seen very good players thrownoff there games because of stupidities like that... so a fold on all ins should be the right thing...ive found that i might win 1 out of 5 all-ins with 1 or 2 hands im confuse by times and mad lol still learning thx )

This is why a hud is a god send, yes we all remember the bad beats, but so far the stats are showing that Aces do win for me 80 % AK soes win for me 78% and so on (even JJ is a winning starting hand), i just remember the times they lose more clearly,

Grade b

Old
Thu Oct 20, 2011, 10:47 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
This is why a hud is a god send, yes we all remember the bad beats, but so far the stats are showing that Aces do win for me 80 % AK soes win for me 78% and so on (even JJ is a winning starting hand), i just remember the times they lose more clearly,

Grade b

Thank you for saying what I have been preaching. We all remember the times our aces were cracked. Some of us can remember the betting in that hand. Try doing that with the hand where your aces won. When we expect a hand to win, we forget the hand when it does. It is the unexpected we remember.

As to your AK percentage, I'm green with envy. My record is just over 500, suited or unsuited. I'm always missing anything on the community.

Old
Thu Oct 20, 2011, 11:01 AM
(#18)
Murphy's Law is very clear on this.

Anytime you have a 50% chance to win, you will lose 90% of the time.

Old
Thu Oct 20, 2011, 11:02 AM
(#19)
Since: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB180463 View Post
there is 13 cards of each suit in a deck ok, when you check your outs you still have to consider the other 8 players sitting at your table also..so less cards in the deck but you dont know what they have so how can youfugure out your outs this way im confused lol.
You dont consider other ppls cards (unless you've seen them somehow) when figuring outs. Just your cards and the board (seen cards) an unseen card is an unseen card is an unseen card.

Old
Thu Oct 20, 2011, 11:07 AM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
Thank you for saying what I have been preaching. We all remember the times our aces were cracked. Some of us can remember the betting in that hand. Try doing that with the hand where your aces won. When we expect a hand to win, we forget the hand when it does. It is the unexpected we remember.

As to your AK percentage, I'm green with envy. My record is just over 500, suited or unsuited. I'm always missing anything on the community.
I recognise what you are saying here, up to the point where I am reluctant to even bet anymore with AK.

Could we conclude that this is the deviding line between "lucky" players and "unlucky" ones?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com