Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Limping QJos with other 4 callers hiting top pair

Old
Limping QJos with other 4 callers hiting top pair - Sun Oct 23, 2011, 10:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
BronzeStar
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

should i call the river? raise the turn ? bigger raise on the flop ? should folp pre ? raise pre?

Old
Sun Oct 23, 2011, 10:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
QJo that early in a tourney with everyone limping is one that personally, I'd muck. There are alot of combinations of cards that can have you dominated.

I like the bet on the flop. I would have bet the turn, but when the board rivers a 4-straight, especially needing an ace to finish it, you have to muck. People that early will stay with any A all the time, so it's very easy to see someone hitting it.

Old
Sun Oct 23, 2011, 10:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
QJo that early in a tourney with everyone limping is one that personally, I'd muck. There are alot of combinations of cards that can have you dominated.

I like the bet on the flop. I would have bet the turn, but when the board rivers a 4-straight, especially needing an ace to finish it, you have to muck. People that early will stay with any A all the time, so it's very easy to see someone hitting it.
ok tnx :]

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com