Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Stars...

Old
Question
Stars... - Mon Oct 24, 2011, 08:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Anybody know what's the stars on the Top Left of the players mean? I see alot it recently...

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 10:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Top left of avatar at the table?
One in the top middle means the player is on .net.
Don't think I've seen the top left though. Didn't play since Saturday.

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 10:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
I believe for some themes, such as the new nova ones, the "dot net" star has been moved from the top to the left side. I'm also finding it the fastest way to locate the American players. Strangely enough, I'm still operating through the "dot com" link. Been hearing rumors that PokerStars is hunting down those of us who haven't switched and are shifting us over to that site.

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 12:10 PM
(#4)
Quote:
One in the top middle means the player is on .net.
You sure about that?
I see quite a few of them in money tourneys... or at least in freerolls for money, not too sure, I thought you couldn't play for real money at all on the .net

Also I use to get them sometimes for no apparent reason, probably just in play money tourney yes, but I never used the .net.

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj. D Zastr View Post
You sure about that?
I see quite a few of them in money tourneys... or at least in freerolls for money, not too sure, I thought you couldn't play for real money at all on the .net

Also I use to get them sometimes for no apparent reason, probably just in play money tourney yes, but I never used the .net.
Generally yes, a white single star in the middle top of the avatar means this. However, it has been questioned to glitch once in a while for a long time.
The explanation of the new theme may be the answer to the question. I don't use one.

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 12:53 PM
(#6)
** Moved **

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 01:48 PM
(#7)
The glitch star.
I actually called it that a while ago, as it puzzled me in its randomness, I was asking around (in chat) and getting no explanation.

So I'm getting curious again here, as present explanations don't quite solve the mystery.
And I'm not one to leave a mystery unsolved... actually that's not quite true, if I weren't I'd be totally insane by now (as opposed to only partially insane), but still, even if the explanation is just the glitch star, I'm still curious, I get this silly Sherlock itch you know, if anyone got some more clues, this isn't bad for a mystery thread.

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
I believe for some themes, such as the new nova ones, the "dot net" star has been moved from the top to the left side. I'm also finding it the fastest way to locate the American players. Strangely enough, I'm still operating through the "dot com" link. Been hearing rumors that PokerStars is hunting down those of us who haven't switched and are shifting us over to that site.
WHY WOULD THEY BOTHER ?? YOU STILL CAN'T PLAY FOR MONEY

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 03:05 PM
(#9)
You CAN play in the freerolls for money on the .net version.

You just CANNOT join REAL MONEY games, with a buy in, on the .net.

I started with the .net version, and started my Bankroll with the freerolls, then switched to the .com client so that I could access the REAL MONEY games.

Americans CANNOT play for money on either of the versions, whether it be freeroll or not, at the moment.

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 10:58 PM
(#10)
Noted. Tq for the info.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com