Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

3 handed poket 99 on the buttom

Old
3 handed poket 99 on the buttom - Mon Oct 24, 2011, 02:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
BronzeStar
should my raise will be difrrent ? or fold to a shove ? or this line was ok ?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 02:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Reads? You should have something on these players by this point. If the BB is a super nit who is only doing this with QQ-AA, AK at this stage of the game, then he's playing terrible and just getting really lucky. If that's the case you can fold. Otherwise this is such a standard raise/call spot. 3-handed, with a solid pair. Getting it all in pretty much always. Don't be results-oriented--he's gotta have worse in his range.

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 02:57 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriholic View Post
Reads? You should have something on these players by this point. If the BB is a super nit who is only doing this with QQ-AA, AK at this stage of the game, then he's playing terrible and just getting really lucky. If that's the case you can fold. Otherwise this is such a standard raise/call spot. 3-handed, with a solid pair. Getting it all in pretty much always. Don't be results-oriented--he's gotta have worse in his range.

ok, got it - i thgoth i had exit after he shoved.

should i raise 2X next time in this spot with 99? so i can have easier exit ?

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 03:08 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
No, you want to play for all your chips as he should be shoving a wider range here. It's a cooler as you ran into the top of his range.

Old
Mon Oct 24, 2011, 03:12 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibag123 View Post
ok, got it - i thgoth i had exit after he shoved.

should i raise 2X next time in this spot with 99? so i can have easier exit ?
NO!

Remember, with 99 on the BTN and given your stack size, you are NOT "bluffing" here; you are raising for value.

17BB is simply not enough to raise/fold ANY amount except versus the tightest 3Bet ranges in the BB. The LAST thing you want to do is raise smaller and get someone with a hand like K8 to come along, and see a flop like this one...

Smaller raise sizing choices are valid for chip preservation concerns if the that sizing choice is pretty "standard" for the table, or if it is standard for YOU.
But viewing 99 on the BTN with 17BB as anything BUT a value raise, and not being prepared to go to the wall with it in most all cases, is a mistake.
That means the last thing you want to do is deviate from your standard open raise and thus throw off a "dis-connect" in your normal play patterns in hopes that your choices will allow you to "save" chips.

Old
ok thank you very much guys i got it :] - Mon Oct 24, 2011, 05:54 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
next time ill try to notice more on the table to pick more tales on the vilians - i was multy tabling that time so it was hard for me to track !

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com