Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Reading Ranges by Statistics

Old
Reading Ranges by Statistics - Wed Oct 26, 2011, 09:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
This is just a thought that came through my mind. I was listening to a video in library by TheLangolier on the subject of hand reading. It was mentioned that HUD stats is one piece of information we could use when trying to put an opponent on a hand.

I then thought about a chart in the Sit n' Go course Introduction where it puts starting hands into categories, for example, Category 1 - AA, KK etc.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible to put together an approximate chart that ties the two together.

That is, if a player is playing a stat of VPIP 12% does this relate to him only playing category 1-3 starting hands etc.

I know that this would be just an approximation and that there would be other things to consider such as stack size and position etc.

Here's the chart from the sit n go course.

Category 1: AA, KK

Category 2: QQ, AKs, AKo, JJ

Category 3: AQs, AQo, TT, 99

Category 4: AJs, KQs, 88, 77

Category 5: AJo, ATs, ATo, KQo, KJs, 66, 55

Category 6: A9s-A2s, KJo, KTs, QJs, QTs, JTs, 44, 33, 22

Category 7: A9-A2, KTo, QJo, QTo, JTo, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s

Category 8: K9s, K9o, K8s, K8o, Q9s, Q8s, J9s, T8s, T9o, 97s, 98o, 86s, 87o, 75s, 76o, 64s

I'd love to hear some views on this, that is if anyone has a clue about what I'm trying to ask? It's one of those things that make sense in my head but hard to express in a post.

Old
Wed Oct 26, 2011, 09:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
download pokerstove, and you can input any % and see what that actually is in terms of your cards

Old
Wed Oct 26, 2011, 10:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
download pokerstove, and you can input any % and see what that actually is in terms of your cards
Yeah, I hear ya and pokerstove is great for analysing hands and ranges post game but impossible in my view to use during live play.

What I'm trying to work out here is a rule of thumb chart that could be put to memory.

Dave has a good lesson in the library too on how to use pokerstove.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com