Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Strange email from IntelliPoker

Old
Strange email from IntelliPoker - Thu Oct 27, 2011, 04:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Has anybody else received one ?

I won't go into the details yet, but I'm a little bemused as to why this came direct to my email address rather than by "pm"

Old
Thu Oct 27, 2011, 04:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
is it about chasing men who use hawt blondes in their avatars?

Old
Thu Oct 27, 2011, 04:40 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
hope its not a survey,cause that ship has sailed for me and I responded like a good little muppet.

Old
Thu Oct 27, 2011, 06:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
** Moved **

Your best bet for clarification or explanation on the contents of e-mails from Intellipoker would come from support@pokerschoolonline.com.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 05:14 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2007
Did it happen to be in Spanish and English oh and German as well???

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Fri Oct 28, 2011 at 05:23 AM..

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 05:45 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Did it happen to be in Spanish and English oh and German as well???

TC
That's the one.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 10:19 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Has anybody else received one ?

I won't go into the details yet, but I'm a little bemused as to why this came direct to my email address rather than by "pm"
hi darkman yes i have recieved the same message i was going to put it in forum but saw your post.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 10:56 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Be sure to reply the same way you received your messages.
If you got it in email, don't reply by PSO pm. Just a tip.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 06:39 PM
(#9)
yeah i was wondering about that email too

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 07:09 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
Be sure to reply the same way you received your messages.
If you got it in email, don't reply by PSO pm. Just a tip.
Dan you make it sound like they need to use those 3 languages as well.Least way Im reading it.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 07:47 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Well I opened the link Sandboxed as I found it highly suspicious. Turns out it's the Spanish window to PokerStrategy*Link edit*PSO Gefallener. I'm sure that this site has been mentioned in the forum before and the posts have promptly been removed. So why on earth would Intellipoker be encouraging the English speaking membership to go there

Best ignored if you've received this I think. An opnion from admin would be nice though if you stumble upon this post.

Last edited by PSOGefallener; Sat Oct 29, 2011 at 12:36 AM..

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 07:47 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
why all the cloak and dagger around here lately?? whats the letter? why add 100 mods and not announce it? bugs bunny discovered America not Amerigo Vespucci as the Italians claim

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 08:36 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
bugs bunny discovered America
Ah. That's why they call it "Bugsland". I thought it was because of the microcode it so abundantly produces :)

Quote:
not Amerigo Vespucci
Uh. Sorry for being a bore, off-topic and Italian, but I can't resist it.
Amerigo didn't really discover much, but apparently he was the first to put forth the idea (in writing) that the land wasn't actually India after all, could have been a new one you know. So a German cartographer decided to call it America as the feminine - since lands were feminine - of Amerigo... or Americo according to a more proper etymology.

Now, it seems you got lucky there, since the etymology of Americo is the same as the one of Henry, so had the German been a bit too precise it could be called Henrietta :)

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 08:44 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj. D Zastr View Post
Ah. That's why they call it "Bugsland". I thought it was because of the microcode it so abundantly produces

Uh. Sorry for being a bore, off-topic and Italian, but I can't resist it.
Amerigo didn't really discover much, but apparently he was the first to put forth the idea (in writing) that the land wasn't actually India after all, could have been a new one you know. So a German cartographer decided to call it America as the feminine - since lands were feminine - of Amerigo... or Americo according to a more proper etymology.

Now, it seems you got lucky there, since the etymology of Americo is the same as the one of Henry, so had the German been a bit too precise it could be called Henrietta
Lol I just heard that line on bugs bunny today when watching tv with the kids, but that is very interesting!

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 12:31 AM
(#15)
Since: Sep 2011
Hello everyone,

This Mail has not been sent by IntelliPoker or PSO. It is a clever spam-mail-promotion by a spanish PokerStrategy Affiliate. Please do NOT open this mail or the link in it and simply go ahead and delete it! We are already informed about these issue and doing our best to clear things out. We apologize for the trouble caused.

Regards
Christopher

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 01:40 AM
(#16)
Hey everyone,

A spanish IntelliPoker.es user sent massive spam abusing our PM tool. In order to fix things and prevent abuses in the future we have disabled the PM option for now. As soon as everything is done we will reactivate sending and receiving PMs through the forum. Obviously IntelliPoker, PokerSchoolOnline and PokerStars will not tolerate any form of spam; the user has been permanently banned. We apologize for any trouble caused.

Please inform us immediately if you receive any form of advertising or spam via e-mail or PM including any relevant details.

Thanks for letting us know about the spam mail and pm issue so that we could take care of it.

Kind Regards,
Christopher

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 01:53 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
I thought there was a limit to how many CCs could be sent by PM... Figured there was some sort of filter in place to prevent a user from farming every PSO name and sending out multiple mass PMs.

Hope it gets fixed soon, also hope the person catches a perma-ban from PStars. We don't need this type of person playing here.

Also, thanks for clearing up why this happened.

More official company support always = better.

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 01:56 AM
(#18)
Deleted user
That doesnt add up to be honest.

If a member spammed pm's that would be one issue but most users received this through email,so would that not mean he has hacked your database or where these pm's showing up in email because the members had chose to receive notification of a pm from PSO?

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 02:47 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
That doesnt add up to be honest.

If a member spammed pm's that would be one issue but most users received this through email,so would that not mean he has hacked your database or where these pm's showing up in email because the members had chose to receive notification of a pm from PSO?
Well. That changes things quite a bit. Guess I didn't grasp the scope of the problem.

Really hope this gets fix and explained fully soon.

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 02:53 AM
(#20)
We are also working on the E-Mail issue right now. Unfortunately we are dealing with 2 different sort of spams and have to solve both problems simultaneously. We apologize for any trouble caused and keep you guys up-to-date.

Last edited by PSOGefallener; Wed Nov 02, 2011 at 02:57 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com