Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

A hand I can't forget

Old
A hand I can't forget - Thu Oct 27, 2011, 07:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
The villian is someone I've played before, prior to this hand she showed two hands, one an AKo that was folded to her minraise, and one A6os where she called down to the river and lost.

I was putting her on a range that included pairs over 6 and any two court cards, including any ace rag. Results will be posted later, I'm curious what others might have done with this hand.

Old
Thu Oct 27, 2011, 07:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I don't mind the flat preflop, but if you think they're on ace/rag, I'd consider raising preflop.

Flopping top set, I'd want to check back to the preflop raiser, which you did and I'd probably call what they bet (although if you think they'd stay for a raise, that's a great option).

Turn, since you raised the flop, you really need to lead out on the turn. The opp will be looking at another check/raise and should check. You want to get some value from the turn and the only way to do it is to lead out. The only hand I'd figure they'd bet with there is AA due to the two diamonds being on the board and possible broadway draw.

river, didn't care for the J at all. Now KQ diamonds and JJ get there. A min raise by them preflop could really be either. If they had JJ, then the ace could scare them some and cause them to check there also (which they did). I'd be leading with a value bet on the river, hoping they didn't come over the top and push with JJ or KQd.

Old
Thu Oct 27, 2011, 08:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
I would bet half the pot on the turn with hopes of getting it all in now or on the river.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 01:03 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Raise more than min on the flop, bet the turn. You flopped a monster but didn't really extract value with it.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 05:24 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2011
I would check, reraise all-in on the flop. there is a straight draw out there and you will want him to gamble his stack if he wants to win that pot.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 06:52 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
the villian is someone i've played before, prior to this hand she showed two hands, one an ako that was folded to her minraise, and one a6os where she called down to the river and lost.

I was putting her on a range that included pairs over 6 and any two court cards, including any ace rag. Results will be posted later, i'm curious what others might have done with this hand.

Content is not found!
to be honest even though you did not get a bigger payoff i think you played it well because your hand could have been beat it was for me to get a decent payoff and still be in tour just in case she got lucky you have to careful with that luck factor better to get a decent payoff rather than risking to many chips which could cost you later if you really have a good read on the player then maybe put more in the pot but i think when she checked on the ace i would have raised hoping then for a bigger payoff but she could be setting a trap hoping you would go allin better to be cautious and still be a decent place in tour just watch her careful and get her next time

Old
Hand Results - Sat Oct 29, 2011, 08:17 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
By the time this got to the river, I felt I was committed. I think this might be a leak, and it certainly was a mistake in this hand. I would have gotten a minimum of ten points for making the final table, instead had to settle for 5.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com