Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

My 5 dollar pot

Old
My 5 dollar pot - Fri Oct 28, 2011, 04:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
So heres my 5 dollar hand. Slow played after I hit the set because i knew I had the best hand.

PokerStars Game #69616955583: Hold'em No Limit
($0.02/$0.05 USD) - 2011/10/27 22:03:44 CET
[2011/10/27 16:03:44 ET] Table 'Euryanthe V' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Mista Live ($5.63 in chips)
Seat 2: BULDOZERUL66 ($2.31 in chips)
Seat 3: pauladaiana ($4.96 in chips)
Seat 4: minime0408 ($1.09 in chips)
Seat 5: XxTiberxX ($2 in chips)
Seat 6: haidima ($5.01 in chips)
Seat 7: Rabkebab1965 ($11.62 in chips)
Seat 8: Liberti293 ($1.46 in chips)
Seat 9: Hayas1 ($2.05 in chips)
minime0408: posts small blind $0.02
XxTiberxX: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to XxTiberxX [Kd Kc]
haidima: calls $0.05
Rabkebab1965: folds
Liberti293: folds
Hayas1: folds
Mista Live: folds
BULDOZERUL66: calls $0.05
pauladaiana: folds
minime0408: calls $0.03
XxTiberxX: raises $0.15 to $0.20
haidima: calls $0.15
BULDOZERUL66: calls $0.15
minime0408: calls $0.15
*** FLOP *** [Kh 2d 3s]
minime0408: checks
XxTiberxX: bets $0.20
haidima: calls $0.20
BULDOZERUL66: folds
minime0408: calls $0.20
*** TURN *** [Kh 2d 3s] [Ad]
minime0408: bets $0.69 and is all-in
XxTiberxX: raises $0.91 to $1.60 and is all-in
haidima: calls $1.60
*** RIVER *** [Kh 2d 3s Ad] [8c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
XxTiberxX: shows [Kd Kc] (three of a kind, Kings)
haidima: shows [2s 2h] (three of a kind, Deuces) XxTiberxX collected $1.73 from side pot
minime0408: shows [4h Ah] (a pair of Aces) XxTiberxX collected $3.30 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $5.29 Main pot $3.30. Side pot $1.73. | Rake $0.26
Board [Kh 2d 3s Ad 8c]
Seat 1: Mista Live folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: BULDOZERUL66 folded on the Flop
Seat 3: pauladaiana (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: minime0408 (small blind) showed [4h Ah] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 5: XxTiberxX (big blind) showed [Kd Kc] and won ($5.03) with three of a kind, Kings
Seat 6: haidima showed [2s 2h] and lost with three of a kind, Deuces
Seat 7: Rabkebab1965 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Liberti293 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Hayas1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Btw i tried entering this in my hand replayer but it doesnt show the ammounts, I request hand history and receive them on my Office Outlook 2010, I have to add some Line breaks in there but i think its still missing something.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 07:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
ASK PS TO E-MAIL YOU THAT HAND
GOOD LUCK

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 09:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
It does look like the Outlook plays hell with the line feeds.
Why not get the hands from the history file on your disk, though, they work well from there.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 09:54 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I liked seeing you push on the turn and not waiting until the river. If you waited, then 44 or 55 can draw to a straight or two diamonds can draw to a flush, without being charged the maximum to do so.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 10:08 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I liked seeing you push on the turn and not waiting until the river. If you waited, then 44 or 55 can draw to a straight or two diamonds can draw to a flush, without being charged the maximum to do so.
You mean the flop? everyone was all-in on the turn.

I like to slowplay with a set of the top card on the board, because i know 95% sure I have the best hand.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 10:10 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
The hand was played quite well.

The effective stack here was small enough that your somewhat smaller than standard pre-flop raise over the limper did not really hurt your chances to stack someone off here with your premium holding. Were the stacks deeper than they are here, you MIGHT have been better served raising to 3BB plus 1 BB per limper (30c to go), but with a $1.09 effective stack that could open the way for some of these guys to leave the pot cheaply here. KK doesn't MIND "thinning the field" some, but with a very short (22BB) effective stack you are still setting yourself up with an easy flop decision with the smaller raise size here.

I like the small lead here too (20c) after the shortest stack checks to you. With top set you are pretty "bullet proof" on this dry board, as the only strong draw threat (45) "should" have gone away to a raise given the small implied odds in the shortest stack, as well the short odds potential in your just 40BB sack.

Your 20c lead is sort of a modified "slow play" really, that can look at LOT like a weak "stab" on continuation, but unlike a true slow play you are adding SOME value to the pot if you are called. It would be good to note that versus very aware players this may not work as well; that 1/4th pot bet looks suspiciously like a "call me, call me PLEASE, or even RAISE" sort of bet, and can get you folds you do not want here, but if you are against aware players this is a play you can "balance" by bluffing sometimes, as well as making it for value, to better conceal your true strength.

I love your shove over the short stack jam on the A. There is no real reason any longer to continue with a slow play, as doing so with 3 straight cards on the board opens you to straights coming for people with a 4 or 5 in their hands (granted, the likely hands those would be are few, 44/55 maybe). Stacking 1 player here is fine, so you really do not WANT anyone else coming along for "cheap", plus your 91c shove over the jam is less than full pot so it does not appear suspicious due to its size.

That A is the "key" card for you really, as it is likely to have hit the ranges of players who called your pre-flop raise, then stuck around to pay your small flop bet. Sure, it DOES complete a straight if a villain holds exactly 45, but we have already covered how your pre-flop raise and the stack sizes make that hand less likely to be here.

You not only stack the short stack (who caught an under-set for a pretty big cooler), but you ALSO stack thru a bigger stack who calls on his top pair hit and gut shot draw. That leads to a big win, exactly how it should happen!

Well done.

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 10:21 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
You mean the flop? everyone was all-in on the turn.

I like to slowplay with a set of the top card on the board, because i know 95% sure I have the best hand.
You bet the flop, but you pushed on the turn. Pushing is what put everyone all-in. Betting, but slowplaying the flop with top set is something I'll do alot if the board texture is right for it.

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 03:07 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
yup.

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 10:29 AM
(#9)
JDean I really love your thorough hand evalutation, learning loads of it

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com