Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Help with viewing videos

Old
Help with viewing videos - Fri Oct 28, 2011, 01:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi,

Can someone please help with a problem I have viewing the Pro Videos. (it has nothing to do with required VPP's)

When I click on any of the videos I just get a blank space with a red cross in a small black box in the top left corner. There is no problem viewing any of the live training videos.

I'm no computer expert so not sure what the problem is or whether I need additional software.

I'm using Windows Vista and my default browser is Internet Explorer.

I have viewed some of the pro videos in the past with no problems so not really sure what has changed. (I now don't get any of the images on the top of the home page where the videos are advertised although the images on the right hand side of the page are ok.)

Any help appreciated. thanks DC.

Last edited by DREAMCOAT; Sat Oct 29, 2011 at 12:58 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 01:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
It sounds like a Flash issue; try updating the Adobe Flash player to the latest version. Are you having problems with videos on any other website?

No PC guru myself but it is worth a try.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 01:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar

Last edited by TEXASKICK; Fri Nov 04, 2011 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: :)

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 08:08 PM
(#4)
thanks top & texas for your replies. I downloaded the latest adobe flash player (which I thought I already had) and this seems to have fixed the image problems on the home page etc.)

However, still no success with viewing the videos, so downloaded the VLC media player as suggested. Again, this doesn't seem to have helped.

I don't have problems viewing videos from other websites, so I'm at a loss as to what the problem might be. I tried everything I can think of, it's so fustrating. I going to leave it for the night and give it another go tomorrow.

Cheers, DC:

Last edited by DREAMCOAT; Fri Oct 28, 2011 at 08:18 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 28, 2011, 08:16 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
try clearing out your temp internet files, and especially the cookies. Then try them again. If you had the old version and it left a cookie on your system, it could possibly cause a problem with the newer version until it's deleted.

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 01:09 PM
(#6)
Tried clearing temp files and cookies but no success. It's probably going to be something simple, i'll keep at it. Any other suggestions welcome. DC.

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 01:13 PM
(#7)
If I see TexasKick today, I'll ask her for input again.
The only thing I can suggest is using another web browser. Have you tried Firefox or Google Chrome yet? Sometimes this simple fix can do the trick.

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 01:52 PM
(#8)
Hi Dan, tried entering the site via Google Chrome and seems to have worked!!

Many thanks. DC

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 03:38 PM
(#9)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com