Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Interesting

Old
Interesting - Sat Oct 29, 2011, 08:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
This hand is from the Women's .10 league game, no particular reads on this villian. Thought I'd post a winner for a change, I'm wondering if my bet sizing is correct.

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 08:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
PRE FLOP BET IS TO SMALL FOR ME

NICE HAND

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 08:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
I would have 3x or 4x the bb preflop
But well played for maximum extraction with minimum effort

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 08:56 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
Preflop raise seems far too small after several limpers, with a monster I would normally want to seriously thin the field. However, much depends on the game, the level, and the reads. In a cheap game I might be happy to bring a couple along and hope to treble up. In early stages if I know a big raise will isolate only very decent holdings I would raise big. Hard to tell here, I would certainly 4x it, but as so many are calling in I would expect some to call any raise that might look a bit stealy . Which increases the chance our monster will get beat.

After that though, such a nice pot its a go go go.

Taking it down is good, but do not think this is optimal.

Ed from Edinburgh -EdinFreeMan

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 09:28 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
with 4 limpers and the SB completing, if it were me, I'd raise a bit more preflop. I try to use 3BB as my std raise and with 4 limpers, it should go up to 7BB.. however, I'd probably raise it to about 5BB or 250.

The flop is a jackpot for you, unless someone has 22. You made a bet of just under 1/3 pot, which is fine and got 2 to stay... the more you can get into the pot, the better. If I had a read that the table was ultra aggressive (which normally won't happen with that many passive limpers), then I may opt to check the flop and hope someone bets, so I can call and hope they hit something on the turn.

On the turn, you bet 60% of the pot. I'd have probably bet a little lower, hoping that both called my bet or raised me. You did get one caller and didn't run both out of the hand by betting, so it works!

On the river, you need to bet the other player all-in, which you did. With that board, if they have the case 2, then so be it. Anything else, you win.

Old
Sat Oct 29, 2011, 11:01 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Thanks for all the replies - this was fairly early in the tourney, I didn't want to invest too much, or scare away too many. League points are precious at this time of the month, in a regular tourney I would definitely raise more to thin the field.

Old
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 12:11 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
Thanks for all the replies - this was fairly early in the tourney, I didn't want to invest too much, or scare away too many. League points are precious at this time of the month, in a regular tourney I would definitely raise more to thin the field.
If you cant invest a lot with best hand then ..... well ummm (insert a you should do comment here)

and as for scareing many away, for every player in the pot your chance of winning goes down not up....

Grade b

Old
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 09:47 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
and as for scareing many away, for every player in the pot your chance of winning goes down not up....
Not necessarily. If you are up against a highly aggressive player capable of barreling on multiple streets but rarely calling raises then a raise can narrow their range to where you loose equity when forcing other players out.

Rare? Yes, but possible.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com