Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

does anyone else find it annoying ?

Old
does anyone else find it annoying ? - Sun Oct 30, 2011, 02:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Does anyone else find the 'Banner' for the next milestone hand to be played annoying ?

It pops up right over the Board cards so you can't see what the Board is until it finally fades away.

Also, has anyone noticed that the millionth hands are ALWAYS on cash tables, NEVER in MTT's and NEVER on 'Play Money' tables ?

MTT's and Play Money games are all numbered, so why doesn't the odd millionth hand pop up on one of those ?

Methinks that this site might be rigged !!!!

What say you Dennis and Roomik ?

Old
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 03:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Methinks you've not bothered reading the terms of the promotion. Then again, you could just be out to stir it up

Old
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 03:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
Methinks you've not bothered reading the terms of the promotion. Then again, you could just be out to stir it up

YOU THINK ??

Old
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 05:04 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
It is only on cash tables because you get a prize depending on what you won in that hand and how long you have been sitting there.

Old
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 06:00 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTiberxX View Post
It is only on cash tables because you get a prize depending on what you won in that hand and how long you have been sitting there.
I realise that, but don't you think it odd, that of all the differing types of games played on PokerStars, ALL of the millionth hands are on ring tables ? surely some must fall on other tables ?

Old
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 06:34 PM
(#6)

Last edited by Bill Curran; Sun Oct 30, 2011 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: Duplicate post

Old
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 08:10 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
I realise that, but don't you think it odd, that of all the differing types of games played on PokerStars, ALL of the millionth hands are on ring tables ? surely some must fall on other tables ?

OMG YOU JUST DON'T GET IT DO YOU

Old
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 08:21 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
They stop the hands from being dealt on those games when the next one is a milestone hand Bill. Thus ensuring that every one will be on a ring table.
This answer is to what those that answer without an answer drive at.

Old
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 08:29 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111Dan View Post
They stop the hands from being dealt on those games when the next one is a milestone hand Bill. Thus ensuring that every one will be on a ring table.
This answer is to what those that answer without an answer drive at.

KILLJOY

Old
Sun Oct 30, 2011, 08:57 PM
(#10)
(Head Trainer)
I think Bill is leveling you all.

Old
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 03:03 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I think Bill is leveling you all.
You think?

For the third time in a row?

That's a damn nice record, Bill.

Old
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 10:00 AM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
You think?
I hope. At least the third time has to be a level.

Old
Thumbs down
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 12:22 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
It isn't the music or the notices that annoyed me. Since I'm into play money only as an American, I had the time to follow these games.

What really annoyed me was the inaction of PokerStars. I watched the railbirds at nine of these hands do things that would get a person banned. The continual insults by these people on the sidelines was one point. Their begging for a "piece of the action" quite persistant. Their comments included profanity, including instances where they described those playing in the lowest, and crudest forms of vulgarity possible. These players knew there actions were not recorded as they continued their harrassment until the winners abandoned the table.

Forget about PokerStars support. The moderators did nothing to prevent this abuse. They went so far as to suggest the players find another table if it annoyed them, but did say "it should stop whenever the next milestone hand begins." Real classy, PokerStars.

I know the site doesn't care, but it would be nice if next time they have this promotion, they disable the observer chat at these tables. There is no excuse for exposing players to such constant abuse that their only alternative is leaving.

Old
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 01:02 PM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
I know the site doesn't care, but it would be nice if next time they have this promotion, they disable the observer chat at these tables. There is no excuse for exposing players to such constant abuse that their only alternative is leaving.
Not so. They can disable chat. I agree with your sentiments though. I haven't watched any this time around, but during the 60b promotion the behaviour of the railtards was deplorable.

Old
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 01:08 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
If you are multi tabling I presume you wouldnt notice your hand was a milestone hand.
Watched a few and its suprising how many still fold,the people chatting at the table shove so I think and Im guessing that you could miss that fact your hand is milestone hand.

I put the lobby in view in the corner of my screen just to make sure and when it counts down I click on the table to make sure its not one of my own. Any one know if the table grabs attention when its a milestone hand?

Old
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 01:22 PM
(#16)
Since: Jul 2011
Quote:
Any one know if the table grabs attention
It does make quite a racket. I have the sound on headphones and the headphones on a table, so I just barely hear the clicks and beeps. If I go watch a milestone, I have to mute it or risk waking the neighbours, so you can imagine.

BTW, did anyone see that hand where this guy, Darkstar or something, had just joined the table so he wasn't even dealt it?

I would have jumped out the window, but he was so cool about it, just said: "uh. where's the next one?"

Old
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 01:29 PM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2011
P.S. : If I jump out the window, it's not too bad, as it's only a 2-metre drop or so, but it's all cactus there so it's not too good either :)

Old
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 02:13 PM
(#18)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
It isn't the music or the notices that annoyed me. Since I'm into play money only as an American, I had the time to follow these games.

What really annoyed me was the inaction of PokerStars. I watched the railbirds at nine of these hands do things that would get a person banned. The continual insults by these people on the sidelines was one point. Their begging for a "piece of the action" quite persistant. Their comments included profanity, including instances where they described those playing in the lowest, and crudest forms of vulgarity possible. These players knew there actions were not recorded as they continued their harrassment until the winners abandoned the table.

Forget about PokerStars support. The moderators did nothing to prevent this abuse. They went so far as to suggest the players find another table if it annoyed them, but did say "it should stop whenever the next milestone hand begins." Real classy, PokerStars.

slagging chat mods? TSK TSK

Old
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 02:30 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
The observer chat in the milestone hands leads me to believe that PokerStars has far more than a few very stupid minors playing.

Old
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 02:57 PM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
The observer chat in the milestone hands leads me to believe that PokerStars has far more than a few very stupid minors playing.
+10000

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com