Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

My Big adventure

Old
My Big adventure - Mon Oct 31, 2011, 02:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
Played a live game in a local pub on Saturday night and managed to take it down, winning £100. No great achievement as most of the 14 players had no clue what they were doing. The ones that did just weren't as good at donk dodging as i was.

So, feeling lucky I decided I'd deposit the monies that made It to the morning (£70) and see if I could turn it into some serious beer tokens.

Figuring £70 was about $100 I went for the big $22, the big $11, the Sunday storm and the big $55.

Ran well in the big $22 for the first hour or so untill I shoved my pocket queens into pocket kings after a friendly flop. Damn and blast!

My trip eights got flushed by the river in the storm before the secound break.

Never really got started in the big $11 and was out before the first break.

My lucky feeling had well and truely left me by this point, compounded by the fact that I was completely card dead in the $55. Luckly a very tight table aloud me to steel, bluff and clock my way pass the bubble. Things started to look up untill......

Was happy to see they both had an ace. Less chance of seeing another and all that. Pffff!

PokerStars Tournament #544010577, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $50.00/$5.00 USD
5927 players
Total Prize Pool: $296350.00 USD
Tournament started 2011/10/30 19:00:00 WET [2011/10/30 15:00:00 ET]

Dear steveisnot,

You finished the tournament in 517th place. A USD 100.75 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

So how many beer tokens did earn from my Big adventure? Yep, you got it $1.75. Might be able to buy a supermarket own brand tinny with that.

Guess it could have been worse. And I've saved myself a hangover.

Old
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 05:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Nice story.

Since you still got a $100 bankroll, though, if I may... tourneys are great for just that, adventure, for bankroll building man, ring games. Do some sorting in the lobby, choose your tables, with $100, grind 2çNL deep stack, for a while, play decent tight/aggr, you almost guaranteed to quadruple it, then you can have a few more adventures. Also, with these billion-hand promotions, you may just stumble on some adventure there :)

Old
Mon Oct 31, 2011, 06:00 PM
(#3)
Having another adventure in the big $11 right now. 172 left. Stack is about average. Heart rate well above average!

Old
Tue Nov 01, 2011, 12:29 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj. D Zastr View Post
Nice story.

Since you still got a $100 bankroll, though, if I may... tourneys are great for just that, adventure, for bankroll building man, ring games. Do some sorting in the lobby, choose your tables, with $100, grind 2çNL deep stack, for a while, play decent tight/aggr, you almost guaranteed to quadruple it, then you can have a few more adventures. Also, with these billion-hand promotions, you may just stumble on some adventure there
I don't enjoy playing on ring games so much and don't do very well either. I like the big MTT and the sit n go formats. Something about getting closer and closer to the pot of gold. Especially if the pot of gold is $42,000, as in the Big $55.

I'm undoubtedly deluded in thinking that I'll win one one day, but 'you got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true'

So, as I'm very unlikely to ever make money playing it has to be about enjoying playing. Grinding sounds to much like work to me. Hard (for me) to get excited about slogging away to gain a couple hundred dollars. Although some of the challanges make it much more fun.

Really enjoyed playing all the big games on Sunday and this one on Monday....

PokerStars Tournament #545010491, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00 USD
7107 players
Total Prize Pool: $71070.00 USD
Tournament started 2011/10/31 18:00:00 WET [2011/10/31 14:00:00 ET]

Dear steveisnot,

You finished the tournament in 92nd place. A USD 92.39 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Disappointed with myself as I had the cards to go much deeper. Folded two hands after two player shoved in front of me. Either of these would have tripled me up. Then got pushed of a couple of hands that would have worked out for me. Bad case of bollock shrinkage when the pressure was on

We live and learn

Old
Tue Nov 01, 2011, 12:41 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
nice few days Steve!!

Old
Tue Nov 01, 2011, 12:45 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2007
Hi Steve,

Great result, I would say that that big win is not that far away but I am your Dad after all:-!

TC

Old
Tue Nov 01, 2011, 02:57 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Very nice job. Keep the plus money finishes coming!

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 09:39 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisnot View Post
'you got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true'
Playing on pokerstars is cheaper than a trip to Vegas I always say! Nice cash!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com