Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Tickets Expire!

Old
Tickets Expire! - Wed Nov 02, 2011, 07:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
Hi all.

Just a friendly general warning about tickets expiring.

I got into a 'duscussion' with PS Support yesterday about some UKIPT League Division 1 tickets I won in September, that were issued in October. When I was checking my available tournament tickets through the Requests/Tournament Tickets tab in the main lobby to see if my PSO Premier ticket had been issued yet, I noticed these 7 UKIPT tickets had an expiry of 8/11. I was not planning to play those tourneys this month, but now it seems I have to use them all this week, as there is only 1 per day. There was no information I could find on the UKIPT site to say that tickets won as prizes were severely time limited.

Following this up I then checked my other tickets, many of which will expire at the end of the year. As I have 50+ Facebook $0.10 tickets I am now going to have to play a lot of those over the next few weeks or lose those tickets as well.

So just beware that tickets you win through promotions may have a short shelf life. As we are getting close to the end of the year, which is a cut off point for VPP stellar bonuses as well, I would recommend to all at PSO to check their stock of tickets via the lobby and make sure that you get good use from them.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 10:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I've noticed over the few years that I've been on PS, that some tickets have an expiration date, some don't. The NAPL freeroll tickets used to expire within a week, but the WR2 tickets did not expire.

You do bring up a great point. Make sure to look and be sure to take advantage of all of them you possibly can and try not to lose any that you've earned.

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 10:33 AM
(#3)
I am not happy that I have to use up all the 50+ facebook $0.10 tickets, due to the time required to play these on top of UKIPT & PSO MTTs , but if I can get a bit of value back for them it is worth it.

Played two so far. The second one that I played this morning went quite well.

PokerStars Tournament #460207429, No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $0.10 USD1203 playersTotal Prize Pool: $120.30 USD Tournament started 2011/11/02 8:30:00 WET [2011/11/02 4:30:00 ET]

Dear EdinFreeMan,

You finished the tournament in 8th place. A USD 2.34 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

So it is definitely worth making best use of these resources. Could have been even better if my first playable hand at the ft, JK with two Kings on the board, hadn't run into AK.

The irony is that I also played the facebook freeroll that runs concurrently and won another ticket to replace this one.

Good luck all

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 10:35 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
**moved**

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 12:31 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2011
Not sure how this one got mved to here either, but....

I have a ukipt £5.50 sat ticket (which does not seem to have a expiry date) but cannot find were to use it.

Any idea Ed? Or anyone?

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 12:42 PM
(#6)
Sorry Steve - never heard of that one.

When was it issued and how did you get it? It sounds like a promo satty ticket to the live UKIPT events, rather than the online monthly leagues Div2 & 1 mine were from and for. There are so many promotions and so many changes my old brain can't keep up with it all. For PS, simplification is not an option, for me confusion is the norm.

Good luck if you get to use it - I would contact support. Ask them one simple direct question, you might even get a relevant answer. I'm still waiting for mine - 3 times they replied without actually answering the question, and in 2&3 even began with 'apologies for failing to fully answer your query'..

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Wed Nov 02, 2011 at 12:45 PM..

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 03:15 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisnot View Post
Not sure how this one got mved to here either, but....

I have a ukipt £5.50 sat ticket (which does not seem to have a expiry date) but cannot find were to use it.

Any idea Ed? Or anyone?

CAN YOU STILL CLICK ON A TICKET AND IT TELLS YOU WHERE YOU CAN PLAY IT ??

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 04:00 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2011
Ed

I got it for a finish in the ukipt div 1 in September. 9th or 7th I think. Another one coming for October.

Dennis

If I use the drop down 'request' tab in the lobby, the ticket is there but clicking on it reveals no 'goto' options. Been checking for a while.

I'll give support a shout me thinks.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com