Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

10th Anniversary Freeroll

Old
10th Anniversary Freeroll - Wed Nov 02, 2011, 08:29 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
I played one of these yesterday, not quite realising what it was, then found out you are only allowed to play one a day and each only gives 10 tickets.

So today I plan my 'simple' strategy - any premium hand getting shoved, expecting calls.

Of course I get some decent cards first hand so stick to the plan....

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Back to the drawing board.

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 08:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
good strategy, bad luck, thanks for telling me there are freerolls for this. havent logged on this month yet, this evening is gonna be the first time

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 10:37 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
**moved**

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 12:02 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
**moved**

I think you got this one wrong Brian, I believe that this is just a general observation.

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 12:10 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2011
Was just going to say move madness has broken out

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 12:34 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
TOO2COO is going to be busy moving my guff from general forum, there are so many options now I can't decide where to put most of my posts.

Feel free to move them anywhere you think fits.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 12:39 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
I think you got this one wrong Brian, I believe that this is just a general observation.

we moving alot of stuff around it not madness we do have a plan

Have a great day guys

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 04:05 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:

Have a great day guys
I'll take your word for it.

Have fun

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 02:50 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:

Have a great day guys

Blindfolds and a dartboard equals a plan. Who knew?

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 03:08 AM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2010
1st hand tried your plan of attack

Alas no takers

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 03:23 AM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:

Have a great day guys

MAYBE IF YOU LET US IN ON THE PLAN YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO MOVE SO MANY

Old
Sat Nov 05, 2011, 11:25 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Anybody have any luck getting a ticket yet?

Those freerolls are so wild - and only 10 tickets for 2500 people.

On the other hand, the 10FPP thingie has 20 tickets with only about 200 people. But it's packed with Supernovas. I just tried one and got so nervous, I could barely play

Some nice prizes in the weekly final - the Caribbean Adventure, and then some nice cash too ... I guess there's always the free ticket for making a deposit

GL on the weekly tomorrow for anybody who managed to get a ticket!!

Old
Sat Nov 05, 2011, 11:50 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Hate to brag but i've got two but it was hard work getting them.

If you've got any bankroll try the 10c tourneys,they also award 20 seats and they are equally sparsely populated, although two i played had ps pros playing (hint: they will only play cat 1 hands and then allin,everything else folded).

GL to you in future.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 12:29 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
boobylops - thx sooooo much for posting that tip!!! Made all the difference - I managed to get a ticket ... so happy!!!

There was a pro playing in the games I was playing too - WizardofAhhs ... he's the one with 'The House'

There was *only* one Supernova at my table ... who was showing his stars in my first game. But the style of play was so different from what I'm used to - just so many more raises and 3bets. And not shovey in the bingo-style of the freerolls either, but all like calculated and controlled.

I had this one hand in the first game against a silver star, and it felt like something got lost in translation:

It was like they gave me no credit whatsover for possibly having the 8 - otherwise why would they play the way they did with only 25% chance of winning the hand, with the reraise ... so did they put me on a pair at best? And then by the time I shoved, was it too late to look like a value bet rather than bluffy or something?

So I was out of that first one soon after that - and then I saw your comment with the tip at the start of the next game and revised my play:

I never play like, but it worked! I guess that's something to keep in mind for the weekly game - that the play might be different from what so many of us might be more used to?

Thx again boobylops for posting the tip - I don't think I'd have managed to get the ticket if you hadn't shared that, even with the crazy great luck

PS These qualifiers remind me of the ones for that Game of Your Life promotion they had about 6 months ago, except these seem to have way more higher level players - I guess because of those $15,000 Tournament packages? With GOYL, I remember managing to get a ticket for the first one after only a couple of tries because I was running good, but then in the next weeks I wasn't always able to get a ticket on time after more than a couple of tries. So it's nice to be able to still have that option to get a ticket for making a deposit to have the chance for at least one more week too Gonna start earlier this time though and try to get more tickets too

Sam

Last edited by TrustySam; Sun Nov 06, 2011 at 12:44 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com