Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Home Games /

Drunk Tank Team Challenge

Old
Drunk Tank Team Challenge - Wed Nov 02, 2011, 11:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Here We Go Again

As you may know for the last couple of months we have been running a friendly challenge to make the games more interesting in the Drunk Tank. This month we would like to continue that tradition and try to add a few more things to the mix.

For November we will have three teams who will be playing for top points and bragging rights. Anyone who finished in the top 24 from the prior month will be qualified to be added to the teams. For those who didn't, please stop in and play so you can be qualified for next months Challenge.

Here are a few suggestions and rules to make it fair to everyone..

This is a fun challenge and a friendly competition...NO ganging up on opposing members OR taking it easy on your own members.

Play as you normally do and at the end of the month after the final game is played the points will be tallied to see which group gets bragging rights.

Rule 1 – The top three players will be assigned as Captains of their teams and will get the honor of naming that team.

Rule 2 – Teams will consist of 8 players initially assigned to each team. If any member of a team has not played for a 7 day period within the month, the Captain can request they be replaced by the next highest eligible player. All points earned by the replacement up to that point will be added to the gaining team’s score.

Rule 3 – The Captain of the winning team will receive 8000 chips to distribute to their team members. Second place team will get 1600. Third place will get, a "Thanks for showing up" badge.

So here are the teams,

Team "COWBOY KILLERS" consists of the following players:

Faery Tats (Cpt)
JWK24
Brkn80
Tom905
TheRvrWrckr5
Mrchaps05
Phoenix Maya
Sandtrap777

Team "BOOZERS" consists of the following players:

Johnny Oak (Cpt)
Moxie Pip
Joker41673
!!!111Dan
Mtnestegg
Russell1078
TheLangolier
TrumpinJoe

Team "HICCUP" consists of the following players:

Effsea (Cpt)
GmaJudy
Chelle867
JerseyRon
Nobisquit
Julestubby
HoboJim11247
Mcrissinger

At the end of the month the teams will be reassigned by player position and the first 24 players who have the minimum number of games (usually 2-3) will be added to the new teams.

I will add updates to this thread every 5 days (approx) as to how the teams are doing.

Good luck to all three teams and hope to see some new faces at the felt.

Johnny and Tits

Last edited by Johnny Oak; Thu Nov 03, 2011 at 09:31 AM..

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 01:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Alright boozers!! Lets get to drinkin' ..... I mean winnin.... to my big blue team... Sorry I wasnt much help last mo. was very busy w/ anniversary kids bday halloween etc etc

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 04:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Next month, I'd like to be considered for a team slot!

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 06:34 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
Next month, I'd like to be considered for a team slot!
Actually you were on the list of players, but you only had 1 game in October. All you have to do is play a couple more times and end in the top 24 during the month of November and it will be automatic.

Old
Sun Nov 06, 2011, 10:49 AM
(#5)
Team Results - Day 5

Team "Boozers" Points – 10.04

Team "Cowboy Killers" Points – 27.55

Team "Hiccup" Points – 14.41

The Cowboy Killers team has jumped into an impressive early lead with a bunch of high place wins by Phoenix Maya, Sandtrap777, Tom905, and 4 ITM showings by JWK24.

Coming up in second place was GmaJudy, Chelle867, and Effsea who all scored for team Hiccup.

Despite a last minute push and first place win by Moxie Pip, with help from TrumpinJoe, and Johnny Oak, Team Boozers has a firm grip on last place on Day 5.

For a complete listing of the team standings including point distributions see the attached PDF.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 1105.pdf (13.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Johnny Oak; Sun Nov 06, 2011 at 10:53 AM..

Old
Sun Nov 13, 2011, 12:39 PM
(#6)
Just a quick update to let you know why there is no update.

Something is going on with the PokerStars calculation team and the home games sites are not being updated. I have already sent memos, as I'm sure several others have and they assure me they are working on it. I will post here as soon as the results are available.

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 01:05 AM
(#7)
Team Results - Day 15

OK the bad news is that PokerStars still hasn't fixed the update problem. So the stats I was using to keep score no longer are available.

The good news is that I have been keeping the scores manually for the PSO event anyway. So for the rest of this month, (maybe from now on) I will be using the PSO scoring system. More good news is that this system awards all players with points just for showing up. So now you can help your team just by being there at the table. The longer you stay, the more points you get, but everybody contributes.

So with that in mind, here are the scores:

Team "Boozers" Points – 168

Team "Cowboy Killers" Points – 346

Team "Hiccup" Points – 278

The Cowboy Killers still maintain an impressive lead with a bunch of high place wins by Faery Tats, Brkn80, MrChaps05, Sandtrap777, and 5 ITM showings by JWK24.

Coming up in second place but catching up a little was GmaJudy, Chelle867, NoBisquit, Julestubby, Mcrissinger, and Effsea who all finished in the top three for team Hiccup.

Although there were some awesome fininishes by Moxie Pip, Joker41673, and Johnny Oak, Team Boozers is getting their "Boozer Butts" kicked, and are in last place on Day 15. Come on boozer buddies, we need help.

For a complete listing of the team standings including point distributions see the attached PDF.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 1115.pdf (13.3 KB, 7 views)

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 01:31 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hopefully they get it straightened out and we'll be back to normal.

Old
Wed Nov 16, 2011, 02:27 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
To my boozer team and JO, sorry havent been around again as i've been workin on renovating my basement lately and am just too wiped out to stay up and play w/ y'all. If there's someone you'd like to replace me with, I completely understand, and back you 100%. Tryin to get this done by xmas is a logistical nightmare. Best of luck tankers, believe me i'll see you when I can.
Where's the exhausted emoticon.. that'll have to do...

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 10:53 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
Best of luck tankers, believe me i'll see you when I can.
Replace you! No way! We're in this together. Come when you can, and we will keep the light on for you.

Last edited by Johnny Oak; Thu Nov 17, 2011 at 04:39 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 04:47 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hopefully they get it straightened out and we'll be back to normal.
For those who might be wondering what the league standings are, I have accumulated the scores and created a chart. Attached is a listing of what the current club standings would be if they were being updated.

I will continue to keep the scores manually until Pokerstars gets it fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Point Standings 1017.pdf (11.6 KB, 18 views)

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 05:02 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
keep up the good work JO!

Old
Thu Nov 17, 2011, 05:34 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2010
yep, great job,

still think it's rigged tho

cheers

Old
Fri Nov 18, 2011, 12:08 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Leaderboards now fixed..... back to normal!

Old
Mon Nov 21, 2011, 09:39 PM
(#15)
Team Results - Day 20

OK PokerStars did finally fix the update problem. So the stats that are reflected in the Home Game lobby are what I will use for the team point totals.

We may switch over to the PSO scoring system for next month, but when I did a comparison between them it really didn't make any difference, at least not in the placement of the teams.

So with that in mind, here are today's scores:

Team "Boozers" Points – 44.68

Team "Cowboy Killers" Points – 73.62

Team "Hiccup" Points – 63.46

The Cowboy Killers are still way ahead and maintain an impressive lead with four high place wins by Brkn80, MrChaps05, Phoenix Maya, and a first place win last night by JWK24.

Holding on to second place but making up some ground was Mcrissinger, and Effsea who finished first and second in two tournies for team Hiccup.

Although there were some high place fininishes by Moxie Pip, and Johnny Oak, Team Boozers is at the bottom of the ladder and are going to need a lot of help in the last part of the season.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 1120.pdf (13.1 KB, 8 views)

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 12:30 PM
(#16)
Team Results - Final
(For November)

Team "Cowboy Killers" Points – 101.11

Team "Hiccup" Points – 93.56

Team "Boozers" Points – 69.33

Despite 5 ITM finishes in the last period by Moxie Pip and Johnny Oak, the Boozers team has ended this season in last place. So if you see any of them with their boozer bottom lips stuck out, tell them better luck next month.

In second place for the season is team Hiccup. Even though they had an impressive 8 ITM showings in the last period by nearly every member of the team including GmaJudy, JerseyRon, Chelle867, Nobisquit, Julestubby25, Mcrissinger, and Effsea, it was not enough to bring them into the winner's circle. They do, however, win the second place prize of 1600 play chips to distribute to the team members.

In the end it was a relentless performance with 6 ITM placements in this period which included contributions by Phoenix Maya, Sandtrap777, MrChaps, and JWK24, that was good enough to push The Cowboy Killers into a commanding lead on the final day of the season. The Killers team will split the first place prize of 8000 chips amonst it's players.

Johnny and Tits
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Team Standings 1130.pdf (13.1 KB, 12 views)

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 12:47 PM
(#17)
As always, Great job and thx to both of you, Johnny and Tits

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 01:00 PM
(#18)
effen rigged.....hiccup

What a blast as always

Great Win Peeps

Thx. a ton

cheers

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 02:14 PM
(#19)
I'm sorry I didn't participate much this month guys and girls.
I need to resign from the team for a couple months. We're going to DC next week to scout housing, and then we will likely be moving in mid January. If we can get settled relatively quick, I may try to make some games in January, but likely February, with hopes of rejoining a team in March.

Good luck everyone and thank you Johnny and Tits for all your work.

Dano

Old
Thu Dec 01, 2011, 03:09 PM
(#20)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
ohh boy neighbors with Moxie now.... good luck Dano!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com