Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Fish on the line one more time.

Old
Fish on the line one more time. - Wed Nov 02, 2011, 05:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011
So, I guess I'm a complete fish for this one. I just don't know why I can't let crap like this go.....

Any suggestions? (P.S. I know I know....Click Fold.)

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 05:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
when I first saw it, I was hoping it was going to be a limit table, not NL.... it would make seeing the flop alot more viable, but still risky. NL, this really needs to be mucked preflop unless you know you can bluff the opps off of basically everything... which will not happen at this level.

I do not like the raise on the flop at all. You have a draw, that may or may not get you the best hand and if the opp calls, you know you're way, way behind (the only hands that should be calling your raise are an A, a set or a higher flush draw).

The turn makes it more interesting, becauase you now have a low-end straight. I like the sizing of your bet for the turn, as at this point, you should have the best hand.

The river, the only thing to be scared of is a diamond or a board pair. You got the diamond and a higher flush draw is definitely within the opps range, the entire hand. When the opp makes that big of an overbet at 2NL, they're going to have a better hand the majority of the time, so you need to muck, even though you have a flush.

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 05:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
on the flop he/she has the draw to the stone cold nuts, you want the A, sets and higher flush draws coming along imho at the river though I am slamming on the brakes, and probably folding

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 05:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Roomik, another thing I'd have done, most likely. Call the flop, which may make the opp fire again on the turn... if so, then raise the turn.

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 06:09 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
yeah not a fan of the raise there either

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 06:26 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
ohh and I would raise it pre, or fold.. never limp with position

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com