Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

VPPs needed for member reveiw live training??

Old
VPPs needed for member reveiw live training?? - Wed Nov 02, 2011, 07:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
U.S. PSOers are now out of luck in some of the live training sessions? tried to register for sands reveiw, then saw that there was a 150 VPP requirement to attend. is this new? as i havent been on much in oct. now im thoroughly depressed! say it aint so Dave, say it aint so....

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 07:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
That sucks, You would think reviewing a members game would be free to all members

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 08:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Unfortunately for all the Americans, you are restricted by this. You need the VPP's to watch the videos.

Wish they would have done this before Black Friday!! I miss my American friends!!

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 08:04 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
This is new starting this month.

These sessions are going to be archived. Then, when the US players can play and earn the necessary VPP's, they will be able to access them.

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 08:15 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
well thats a whole load of stinking fly infested u know what

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 08:18 PM
(#6)
"these" as in all member reveiws? that would be unbelievably weak.....

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 08:21 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I believe it's only going to be some of them, just like some of the pro videos take 20 or 150vpp.

from what I see on the calendar, it's only the Wed sessions that will take VPP's to enter.

Old
Wed Nov 02, 2011, 09:33 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
Hey Gang,

It's definitely not all member reviews. Live training will now be structured and some trainings will have vpp restrictions, but it will not be all of them and it will also rotate.

In November, December, and January, the themes will be:

Monday: MTT
Tuesday: NL Full Ring Cash
Wednesday: SNG
Thursday: NL 6 max cash.

VPP restrictions levels will be:

0+ (Trainings will generally feature 2NL cash games and micro stakes sng's and mtt's up to $1)
20+ (Trainings will generally feature 5NL-10NL cash games and $2-$5 sng's and mtt's)
150+ (Trainings will generally feature 25NL+ cash games and $6+ sng's and mtt's)

Theory classes will sometimes be run in place of play or review classes, with theory topic generally being applicable to the theme of that day.

The VPP restrictions will also rotate, so for instance in November the 150+ restriction is only on the Wednesday SNG classes, that will change in December however, Wednesday SNG will be in the 0+ category (no restriction). There will always be some classes offered each month with no VPP restriction (and it will rotate). The Sunday Specials won't ever have a VPP restriction as far as I understand it.

Obviously I understand those of you who are in the US and actually do attend the trainings, won't be happy about this. I understand your frustration, but hope that you will continue to take advantage of as much of the free training as you possibly can. The point JWK was trying to make about the video archiving was that as always, we will be recording and archiving as much as possible. When the day comes that the US market is back with PokerStars and you earn the VPP's, you will be able to access those at that time.

Please be assured there will be plenty play of hands and member review classes you'll be able to see that won't have any restriction.

Thanks,
Dave

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 12:42 AM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
ARE THE FPP'S STILL USELESS

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 01:19 AM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Beyond disappointing, just another reminder that US players remain in limbo, until who knows when...

Old
Thu Nov 03, 2011, 08:23 AM
(#11)
beyond disappointing is an understatement... I think that u s players, and non u s players without v p p's for that matter, make some considerable contributions to the live training review sessions, and then to exclude us from reveiws with what is presumably a higher level of play and maybe a little deeper level of thinking, just tears at my gut a little.. Well, it is what it is I guess. the sad thing is that some of us would actually be willing to pay to utilize this site do its fullest, but with the current state of things, that willingness doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I guess I will have to spend those evenings reading, or (cringe) talking with the wifey.. J\K.
Depressed and a bit disheartened, MT

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:09 AM
(#12)
now theory classes are restricted too? ouch!
i wasn't gonna whine, but i have this really nice cheese and needed something to go with it.....

Last edited by mtnestegg; Tue Jan 24, 2012 at 07:13 AM..

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 08:38 AM
(#13)
hey egg,

There is a way!! Of course you know I could never say in here so catch up with me and we'll talk about it.

Old
Tue Jan 24, 2012, 07:22 PM
(#14)
Since: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
ARE THE FPP'S STILL USELESS

only for you dennis ,lol

sorry couldnt resist

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com